“A little could go a long way”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
New York City, New York
“A little could go a long way”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is about what you should expect for the price.There's a new mini fridge, extra-large desk and separate sitting area, which is nice if you need the room for business. There are just a few things that could take this from your average budget hotel to a real gem. For example, front desk staff was very friendly, but not professional looking, which raised my concerns as soon as I walked in. When I got into the room, the bedding was clean but the (dirt brown colored) duvet was stained. Also they went through the trouble of putting a "sanitary seal" on the toilet to show they cleaned it, but the tub looked like it could use a deep cleaning. Overall though, this is a great hotel for a stopover in flagstaff or on your way to the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tucson
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Room is clean, but shower does not work well . Breakfast area is small, but reasonable price to stay there. It is close to everything. We mainly go to the skiing, so it is ok. Wifi does not work, so need to upgrade that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Salem
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The bed was very comfortable. Room was clean but outdated. The woman at reception seemed very annoyed at my arrival. Everyone else I talked to was friendly and helpful but they were difficult to get ahold of. I was not happy to hear that I had reserved a smoking room. I did not ask for a smoking room, I didn't see "smoking" anywhere on any of my reservation paperwork from easytobook. Even though there were plenty of other rooms available, they said I'd have to pay extra to get a non-smoking room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel room was the grossest room I have ever stayed in. We had driven 10 hours and were exhausted, I burst into tears upon opening the door. Cigarette burns on the bead spreads, pubic hair on the sheets. In the bathroom, there was copious dust on the baseboards and more pubic hair on the toilet and floor. Also, some disgusting smear of red/brown on the interior or the toilet lid. Needless to say, completely disgusting and unhygienic. We didn't dare eat the breakfast. I would not stay here again!!!!

• Stayed March 2013