“Good Motel, Reasonable Rate”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #52 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Motel, Reasonable Rate”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here overnite & was pleasantly surprised to find a good, clean room with good bed, microwave & frig, cable T.V. & Wi Fi. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
GILBERT
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Check in took way to long... Probably took 20 min.
My room was non smoking but at one point it smelled like smoke was drifting in from the room above mine. Bathroom wall looked like it had crap on the wall near the toilet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Madison
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The room was clean and neat, and pretty spacious. We liked the fact that we could walk to Outback. The bathroom was clean but one towel had holes in it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have to admit, that the first impression of the motel was below average. We tried to check in very early (around noon) and met an unfriendly member of the staff telling us in a quite rude manner that a check in won't be possible until 3pm. The manager had to cut in and even though this did not change the check in time - it's all about being polite.
The motel itself was good and in a well maintained shape. Especially compared with all the other motels along the route 66 the HoJo at lucky lane was a very good choice. I'd stay there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jan_Hikelust
La Canada, California
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This motel provides a good room for the price in Flagstaff...a clean acceptable room and plenty of parking. It is in walking distance of a few restaurants. Just remember however,, that this hotel is nothing special and only provides a good stopover for a sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rogerdob
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

After arriving at hotel from driving 6 hours straight I was just ready to lay my head down and go to sleep. However this was not the case. When i walked thru the lobby door there was no one to he found. After waiting nearly 10 min for someone to show up a woman walks in did not acknowledge either myself or husband. Not apologetic for having us wait she goes behind the desk and starts typing on her computer. I was a little iritated by this but again I am too tired to say anything. We get to the room and it wrecked a foul smell of mold and dirty carpet. I didn't feel safe putting my things on the floor. Lets just say I probably will never return again. I checked out early the next day as i could not sleep from all the noise from the outside and the smell from the inside.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank cutckleme2
Oakland, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Spent one night here in a non-smoking double queen for three people - paid total of around $74. The fridge & microwave were pluses and the air conditioner worked well. The beds were OK. Noise was not a problem for us. The shower water pressure and temperature were also good. Cleanliness seemed OK. There were complementary USA Today newspapers for guests in the lobby.

Having read quite a number of the reviews of this HoJo, there seems to be a running complaint about the rude young woman at the front desk. I too was struck by her attitude. Nothing egregious, but she didn't even bother to look at me when I checked in and in a totally bored, rote manner, rattled off the rules, slid a paper over to me to fill out my car info and indicated where I had to sign. No smile, or anything pleasant about her. She gave the impression that I was an annoyance to her - not a paying guest. The older gentleman seemed warmer and more helpful.

The breakfast area is small and the offerings are fairly low-quality and minimal, though they do have a waffle maker.

This place was OK, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family