“A very good "average" motel”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
La Canada, California
“A very good "average" motel”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This motel provides a good room for the price in Flagstaff...a clean acceptable room and plenty of parking. It is in walking distance of a few restaurants. Just remember however,, that this hotel is nothing special and only provides a good stopover for a sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rogerdob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

After arriving at hotel from driving 6 hours straight I was just ready to lay my head down and go to sleep. However this was not the case. When i walked thru the lobby door there was no one to he found. After waiting nearly 10 min for someone to show up a woman walks in did not acknowledge either myself or husband. Not apologetic for having us wait she goes behind the desk and starts typing on her computer. I was a little iritated by this but again I am too tired to say anything. We get to the room and it wrecked a foul smell of mold and dirty carpet. I didn't feel safe putting my things on the floor. Lets just say I probably will never return again. I checked out early the next day as i could not sleep from all the noise from the outside and the smell from the inside.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank cutckleme2
Oakland, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Spent one night here in a non-smoking double queen for three people - paid total of around $74. The fridge & microwave were pluses and the air conditioner worked well. The beds were OK. Noise was not a problem for us. The shower water pressure and temperature were also good. Cleanliness seemed OK. There were complementary USA Today newspapers for guests in the lobby.

Having read quite a number of the reviews of this HoJo, there seems to be a running complaint about the rude young woman at the front desk. I too was struck by her attitude. Nothing egregious, but she didn't even bother to look at me when I checked in and in a totally bored, rote manner, rattled off the rules, slid a paper over to me to fill out my car info and indicated where I had to sign. No smile, or anything pleasant about her. She gave the impression that I was an annoyance to her - not a paying guest. The older gentleman seemed warmer and more helpful.

The breakfast area is small and the offerings are fairly low-quality and minimal, though they do have a waffle maker.

This place was OK, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NickyOm
Newberg, Oregon
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed for a night in August 2012. Clean, no problems, except the shower kept going hot and cold on me. My room was about an equivalent of a city block from the rail lines. We could hear the trains rumbling through, but it didn't keep me awake or bother me much.

I wouldn't want to stay any longer than overnight, because there is no workspace or comfortable chair.

No breakfast offered; a 15% discount at the restaurant given instead.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JudyMrr
Alabama
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here from a Hotwire deal of 51$. We arrived at 2:30, the manager called to verify a room was clean and allowed us to check in. We did not try the breakfast but it looked basic. The room was clean which is basically what we desire. The light over the sink was not working. I mentioned it to the front desk as we were leaving for the Grand Canyon. When we arrived back to the room the light had been fixed. A very good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alabama67
Denton, TX USA
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed for a night earlier in July, 2012. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, there wasn't a lot of noise from other guests, and the air conditioner worked. The staff was polite and helpful. The continental breakfast was pretty basic, but they do offer bagels and waffles that can be heated, and since we weren't eating breakfast there anyway, that wasn't a big deal to us. We paid less than $70 for a clean and comfortable good sleep for a night, which is what we needed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Momma B
Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed from July 15-19, 2012. Room was clean, no funky smells, no bugs. Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. Mostly traveling families and older folks stayed here - very quiet, no noisy neighbors or parties. Free breakfast was just okay. Free WiFi with a good connection. Water pressure in the shower was good. All in all, it was a very standard Route 66-type older motel that gave us a safe, clean and comfortable place to lay our heads after long days of hiking and sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family