Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$154
$144
Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$150
$135
GardenInn.com
$165
Comfort Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$126
ComfortInn
Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$149
Highland Country Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
$98
$85
Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$179
La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$134
$129
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$144
$127
All reviewsroom was cleanwaffleslucky lanegrand canyonwould stay againfridge and microwavewalmartnausnow
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and was easy to find from the I-40 exit 198 and is actually signposted on the interstate.
Hotel, more like a motel. All rooms are accessed from the car park and not through reception. The room was spacious and clean with aircon/heating that was really noisy. Our room was at the opposite end to reception next to E Huntington Dv which can get quite busy and so sleeping was a bit of a problem. Breakfast is really basic and would not call it 'continental'. Tea, coffee, fruit juice, small selection of cerials and doughnuts, bread and jam and waffle maker. Only half a dozen tables though and when the place is fully booked, there is no where near enough space for everyone, so be prepared to stand or sit in reception to eat breakfast.
Plenty of parking spaces and one thing that isn't mentioned in the hotel overview is that there is a computer in the reception area which guests can use to access the internet. Very handy for us as the I-40 was closed by snow and we needed travel info.
Several eateries close by. The Cracker Barrel is about 100mtrs but we found it was full with quite a lot of family groups. Another 100 mtrs is the Outback Steakhouse which was great...we used it both nights. Also Walmart is just down the road too.
Overall this is a budget motel and ok for someone passing through who needs a room for the night. I think, if I was to stay in Flagstaff again, I would pay that little extra and find a hotel closer to the town center.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from E Huntington DV and closer to reception as it is quite a busy road and we had trouble sleeping.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights. This place is a budget friendly hotel near highway I-40. The room was spacy, clean and had a comfortable bed. The room had a fridge, microwave and a coffee maker. The bad thing was that the fridge and the air condition unit were really noisy! Breakfast was included, which was great. However, the breakfast was very limited with coffee, toast and a waffle maker. There are no restaurants nearby. Ok hotel for a short budget visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frogman66
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed at the Howard Johnson hotel on Lucky Rd. February the 12-13 2012 on our way to the Grand Canyon for Valentines Day and our 25th Anniversary. We left Dallas on the 11th and stayed one night in Santa Fe , NM. and visited the Georgia O Keefe museum the next day so after hanging out and making our way toward the Grand Canyon we needed just more or less a place to stay the night and be close as possible to the canyon on the 13th when we checked into the El Tovar on the s. rim.

Now if I set that up right what I was looking for when I booked here was a nice clean hotel as cheap as possible more or less just to sleep one night. Well I paid $38.00 tax and it was everything I read about before booking and well worth it.

The hotel is right off Interstate 40 and simple to get to.... I liked the aea I found when I arose the next day fully rested from my rest on the king-size bed and large room with little kitchenette. Everything you could ask for is near you there in Flagstaff and the bed and rooms was terrific for the price.

If you need someplace to stay in Flagstaff and do not want to spend a tone of money and get a nice clean room with decent bed and bedding I suggest here. I know the price my not always be as low as I got in the off season so you need to consider all that when you book.

It is a great place for the price plus you get a free breakfast too. The breakfast is somewhat limited but OK for Free. There are plenty of places around to get a paid for breakfast if you want more.

If you can get it at a good price it is a good deal & we would stay again and even pay a little more if required.

Room Tip: do your research about this hotel or any before you purchase. The King Bed was nice and the room and Bath room large and clean. Don't get your expectations up too high for the price and good night sleep
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JESUSFOLLOWERS
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The hotel was very quiet, clean and the front desk employees were helpful. There was a small problem with the keys on the first day, but it wasn't the clerk as much as it was the machine that encodes the cards. The clerk stood outside in the cold trying to help and when it became apparent that the key just wasn't going to work, he quickly got another one. The room was very big and the bed was great. Nice shower pressure too.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelfoolwithbooks
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed here one night in November, 2011 on our way from Colorado to Yuma AZ. Very reasonable room rate, pet-friendly, expanded continental breakfast, close to interstate, personnel had good recommendations for close restaurants. Nice shower. Really had no complaints at all. Not a luxurious hotel, but we will definitely stay here again on our way back & forth.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family