“Great bang for your buck!”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Great bang for your buck!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights on our recent trip to Arizona. This is a no frills motel that offers large, clean rooms and all the bare essentials. We had a king room that was very clean and comfortable. The outside of the motel looks a little dated and might look questionable to some people, but we're really glad we stayed here, especially for the price! The motel has outdoor room entrances, which might make some people nervous, but the motel seems to be in a good part of town. Lucky Lane is just a road of motels, a Cracker Barrel, and a Wal-Mart. We slept very well here after our long days exploring the area. Highly recommended for anyone visiting the Flagstaff area, as the motel has large, clean, cheap rooms that provide the perfect base camp for exploring the surrounding area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nevermore52

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in September 2011.
We found the accomodation very clean and equipped with all the amenities you would need, fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc. Overall we would thoroughly reccomend this as a budget accomodation stay in Flagstaff, Arizona.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peter_somerset_uk
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed January 7, 2012

These is the least expensive hotel I have ever stayed in. If you are looking for a value for a one night stay this is it. Sure I could pay $100 more for maybe softer towels, but this hotel made me happy to save my money. Slept well on comfy bed and even had good oj and waffle for free in the morning. If your priority is saving money, this is a solid choice.

• Stayed January 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 26, 2011

There are fancier motels in Flag, and a few slightly cheaper ones too, but I can't imagine there's a better value for the money. I got a notably clean, pleasant, quiet, secure-feeling basic room for $36 a night (AAA rate) even booking on very short notice. Microwave, fridge, in-room coffee, free Wi-Fi, frequent flyer points on Southwest, and a nice big tub with plenty of hot water on tap: what's not to like. Normally Flag is just a gas stop on the way for me, but sometimes for one reason or other I have to stay there, and next time I will certainly try this place first.

--Joe

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is my go-to place in Flagstaff. I have always been able to get a great rate at this hotel, and rooms have been consistently very clean and comfortable. This place is very convenient to I-40 and old Route 66, and it's easy to get to downtown Flagstaff. We were traveling with a dog this time, and although there's an additional $15 fee for pets, this place was still the best option for the money by far.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Phoenix AZ
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I struggle with this review because this was probably one of the cleanest rooms we've stayed in, that demonstrated the utmost pride in housekeeping. Truly refreshing to see such care in room condition.

However, our phone in the room was not working. I see that as a security hazard. Sure, we are in the age of cell phones, but when I tried to contact the room from off-property, the phone kept ringing. I was extremely concerned and returned immediately. Turns out the phone cord was busted. The front desk's solution to this problem was to switch rooms at night in below-freezing weather with two small children. Not an option. Land-line phones are still important as cell service may be spotty or non-existent.

Otherwise, heard zero train noise and zero interstate noise. Beds were comfy, and the fridge and microwave were great. (except for the jerry-rigged fridge base!)

Wish there was more of a problem-solving attitude here!

Room Tip: LOTS of other options in Flagstaff ~ stay elsewhere!