“simple but dignified”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #51 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here for one night, and we had a quite good stay. This is a classical motel-style building, just off the I-40. The room was spacious and clean; bathroom with tub (and a faucet very knotty to use). The breakfast was shabby, with watered and lukewarm coffee, but with a waffle maker. Nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Room was clean and staff friendly. Doors do open to the outside but the surrounding area was very clean and appears safe so we were not concerned. The breakfast was good but all carbs. We had a nice view of surrounding mountains from our window. There is a WalMart just down the street. Good value and would stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing east for a mountain view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This place was supposedly the cheapest decent motel in Flagstaff, and it lived up to its reputation. Rooms were clean and comfortable, the free breakfast was adequate, and front desk staff members were personable. The location is also convenient to I-40 and downtown Flagstaff. Note: do NOT mistake this place with the other Howard Johnson across the highway. We accidentally went there first, and ended up being glad we were actually staying somewhere else...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I used trip advisor to find the cheapest best hotel I could find in flagstaff, and I succeeded. It was only around $40 a night for a king, and it was surprisingly comfortable! The room was clean, the bathroom was decent, and there was even a breakfast area with fridge and microwave. Many hotels don't include a fridge and microwave anymore, and the Howard Johnson provides them for free. Wireless is free, as is the breakfast. Breakfast was the traditional waffle and other easy foods, and it was ok. Definitely fine for a free breakfast, but I avoided it most days and ate locally instead. Next time I'm in flagstaff, I nwill be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank scorney
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Reserved room at least 45 days in advance, and obtained it for $62.00 - same room if reserved a week prior to stay - they were asking $115 (it was a holiday weekend). If we had paid any more than the $62, we would have felt very unhappy staying there. This motel is in need of refribishing. It is clean and the staff were great. Complimentary breakfast was good, but no place to sit and eat. .

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. And the hotel was very clean and comfortable. I was quite pleased with this hotel and would stay here again when traveling for business. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

As with other reviews this motel was just great value. Very clean, staff kept to themselves and were friendly enough (returned our lost wallet on the first night), beds were not the most comfortable but certainly we caught some Z's! Has full cable and wifi so it was very comfortable. And the rooms are quite large.
The reason why I felt the need to write this review... is on my first night here I took a shower and broke the handle off. I felt so terrible that the following day after we spent time at the canyons I got my boyfriend to buy some super glue so we could try and fix it. When we returned however, the shower was fixed! Hallelujah! As well as this, the room was cleaned and remade. I was so surprised because this is service that you don't even get at some 4star hotels where I come from.
So, very pleased with this motel. And the greatest value at $30/night plus tax. Would definately stay again!!
PS. Breakfast was fine! Not massive but definately enough to keep us going AND the room comes with a microwave/fridge - also very handy

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple