All reviews room was clean grand canyon bagels fridge and microwave walmart nau
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I used trip advisor to find the cheapest best hotel I could find in flagstaff, and I succeeded. It was only around $40 a night for a king, and it was surprisingly comfortable! The room was clean, the bathroom was decent, and there was even a breakfast area with fridge and microwave. Many hotels don't include a fridge and microwave anymore, and the Howard Johnson provides them for free. Wireless is free, as is the breakfast. Breakfast was the traditional waffle and other easy foods, and it was ok. Definitely fine for a free breakfast, but I avoided it most days and ate locally instead. Next time I'm in flagstaff, I nwill be staying here again.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank scorney
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Reserved room at least 45 days in advance, and obtained it for $62.00 - same room if reserved a week prior to stay - they were asking $115 (it was a holiday weekend). If we had paid any more than the $62, we would have felt very unhappy staying there. This motel is in need of refribishing. It is clean and the staff were great. Complimentary breakfast was good, but no place to sit and eat. .

Room tip: No elevator
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. And the hotel was very clean and comfortable. I was quite pleased with this hotel and would stay here again when traveling for business. Great value for the price.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

As with other reviews this motel was just great value. Very clean, staff kept to themselves and were friendly enough (returned our lost wallet on the first night), beds were not the most comfortable but certainly we caught some Z's! Has full cable and wifi so it was very comfortable. And the rooms are quite large.
The reason why I felt the need to write this review... is on my first night here I took a shower and broke the handle off. I felt so terrible that the following day after we spent time at the canyons I got my boyfriend to buy some super glue so we could try and fix it. When we returned however, the shower was fixed! Hallelujah! As well as this, the room was cleaned and remade. I was so surprised because this is service that you don't even get at some 4star hotels where I come from.
So, very pleased with this motel. And the greatest value at $30/night plus tax. Would definately stay again!!
PS. Breakfast was fine! Not massive but definately enough to keep us going AND the room comes with a microwave/fridge - also very handy

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2011

No problems with the rooms, but breakfast was hard work. 1st day it was impossible due to inadequate seating for the number of guests.
2nd day we say it for what it was. Appliances were filthy especially next to the fridge, tables sticky with syrup and bins overflowing. Nobody should eat in this place.
3rd day we couldn't even get a drink because breakfast was cleared away at 8.30 instead of 9am. Has any manager ever inspected this place at breakfast time?

Date of stay: April 2011