WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
San Francisco, California
“Very good option (for the money)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

This place was supposedly the cheapest decent motel in Flagstaff, and it lived up to its reputation. Rooms were clean and comfortable, the free breakfast was adequate, and front desk staff members were personable. The location is also convenient to I-40 and downtown Flagstaff. Note: do NOT mistake this place with the other Howard Johnson across the highway. We accidentally went there first, and ended up being glad we were actually staying somewhere else...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
scorney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

I used trip advisor to find the cheapest best hotel I could find in flagstaff, and I succeeded. It was only around $40 a night for a king, and it was surprisingly comfortable! The room was clean, the bathroom was decent, and there was even a breakfast area with fridge and microwave. Many hotels don't include a fridge and microwave anymore, and the Howard Johnson provides them for free. Wireless is free, as is the breakfast. Breakfast was the traditional waffle and other easy foods, and it was ok. Definitely fine for a free breakfast, but I avoided it most days and ate locally instead. Next time I'm in flagstaff, I nwill be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank scorney
Albuquerque
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Reserved room at least 45 days in advance, and obtained it for $62.00 - same room if reserved a week prior to stay - they were asking $115 (it was a holiday weekend). If we had paid any more than the $62, we would have felt very unhappy staying there. This motel is in need of refribishing. It is clean and the staff were great. Complimentary breakfast was good, but no place to sit and eat. .

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. And the hotel was very clean and comfortable. I was quite pleased with this hotel and would stay here again when traveling for business. Great value for the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

As with other reviews this motel was just great value. Very clean, staff kept to themselves and were friendly enough (returned our lost wallet on the first night), beds were not the most comfortable but certainly we caught some Z's! Has full cable and wifi so it was very comfortable. And the rooms are quite large.
The reason why I felt the need to write this review... is on my first night here I took a shower and broke the handle off. I felt so terrible that the following day after we spent time at the canyons I got my boyfriend to buy some super glue so we could try and fix it. When we returned however, the shower was fixed! Hallelujah! As well as this, the room was cleaned and remade. I was so surprised because this is service that you don't even get at some 4star hotels where I come from.
So, very pleased with this motel. And the greatest value at $30/night plus tax. Would definately stay again!!
PS. Breakfast was fine! Not massive but definately enough to keep us going AND the room comes with a microwave/fridge - also very handy

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

No problems with the rooms, but breakfast was hard work. 1st day it was impossible due to inadequate seating for the number of guests.
2nd day we say it for what it was. Appliances were filthy especially next to the fridge, tables sticky with syrup and bins overflowing. Nobody should eat in this place.
3rd day we couldn't even get a drink because breakfast was cleared away at 8.30 instead of 9am. Has any manager ever inspected this place at breakfast time?

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank warboys

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

Check in went well. When we got to our room we noticed the bathroom was not cleaned because of "something" left behind. We spoke with the manager on duty who was very courteous and switched us to a clean room. My kids enjoyed the continental breakfast. The walls are a little thin and the girl at check out not very friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family