“Family Vacation”

Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Flagstaff, United States
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Double Tree was very nice and it worked out for my family. As a Hilton Silver member I was not thrilled with the fact that we originally booked a room at the Embassy Suites and had to be transferred to this hotel due to issues with the rooms. This hotel was very accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our new DoubleTree, though you'd originally reserved the Embassy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here because we were heading out on a rafting trip. Check in was quick and efficient. We stayed on the first floor in the south building. The room was clean and had plenty of space for us to unpack and repack our hiking bags. The thermostat is on the wall...not a bulky heating/cooling unit below the window. I like white noise when I sleep. I appreciated that I could turn on the fan, that ran continuously and the a/c would kick in when the temperature got above where we set it. The room has a coffee pot, refrigerator and safe. These are hidden under the TV. The bed and pillows were fluffy and comfortable and we slept very well. The hotel is within walking distance of some restaurants and 3-5 minutes away by car to many other restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review! We are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We traveled with our dog and purposefully looked for a hotel that would take dogs. Upon checking in and waling into the room, we were shocked when our dog ran under the desk and found dog poop left there by the last people that had occupied the room. Needless to say the staff was very apologetic and changed our room, however it causes you to question how well they clean the room in between guests. While the rooms have been updated and are nice, the bathrooms have not been touched in years. The staff makes the hotel, the front desk team is outstanding, room service was friendly as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Michael N
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Submitted on behalf of Michael Rock, General Manager:

Please accept our apologies that your room was not properly cleaned. We have followed up with our housekeeping staff and room inspectors to take extra time in our pet friendly rooms to make sure something has not been missed. We are sorry that you experienced this. In regards to our bathrooms, we will begin making improvements during the winter months. It is a very exciting time at this hotel with the completion of our lobby and guestrooms and our guest bathrooms and other public space areas. We will have the best product in Flagstaff, AZ. We appreciate your comments about our staff and have also shared your comments with them as well. Thanks again for taking the time to provide us feedback and we look forward to serving you again.

Michael Rock - General Manager
DoubleTree by Hilton Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was woken by a party of people in the hallway. They were there for 30 min before I called the front desk for help to get them quiet. I had an early day the next day. Hotel offered to take 20% off but must have forgot. When I brought it back to their attention the woman treated me kind of poorly but said she would take care of it. When I got home the credit card still did not show the gratuity which now had become a greater problem then the noisy party in the hall. My card showed 20% higher instead of 20% lower. I called again and the last gentleman did get the bill adjusted. A lot of trouble for a poor nights sleep.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Please accept our apologies that guests nearby caused a disturbance in the hallway. We do ask that all guests respect one another and are happy to assist in making direct requests when needed. Though our team attempted to 'make it right' for you, it seems the credit wasn't handled properly, and for that, we also apologize. We are following up to ensure everything we committed to has been done. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hotel was clean and quiet. The bar area and restaurants were very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was located close to some very good restaurants and other facilities. Close to the Interstates for easy access.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback!
Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff was very nice. The cookies were good. The sheets were fine. The pillows were terrible and the pillow cases were worse, but the mattresses were down right terrible! The first room we were given, we had 4 keys and none of them worked!!! it was pouring rain out, so we had to go back to the main hotel and get a new room assignment and new keys. They worked just fine! We would not recommend the south building. Guests that we met in the elevator said they had stayed in the south building a few weeks prior and the same thing happened to them. UGH! by the time they got back to their room, it had been rented to someone else. The hotel was SOLD out so it is among the better places in Flagstaff apparently

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide this valuable feedback and please accept our sincere apologies for our service failures. We are making some internal adjustments to address the issues mentioned in your review. The hotel has recently upgraded all our bedding including mattresses and since the upgrades, our feedback has been excellent. I would like to get additional information from you so I can inspect this room. I have also followed with our front office to make sure that the room keys are made properly and the room #'s are verified prior to distributing to our guests. I have also asked our chief engineer to troubleshoot the problem you are describing to make sure that this not an issue moving forward. The hotel is in the process of contacting this to get additional information and to resolve to their satisfaction
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Nice hotel, great location but when I checked in there was no evidence of my confirmed reservation. I was told the hotel was full. The attendants tried to help me but they didn't know what to do and they were overwhelmed by having to attend to other customers (in person and those on the phone). In total it took 40-45 minutes for them to find us a room - even though I found my confirmed reservation on my computer.

submitted on behalf of Mike Rock, General Manager:

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience and please accept our apologies for challenges with your reservation. I am following up with my team to make sure that if a problem arises to resolve in a quick and efficient manner. I apologize that it took 45 minutes for us to address this issue. I would like to get additional information so I can follow up with my team to make sure that we are our team members are properly trained and encourage them that they are empowered to do whatever it takes to resolve the issue. The Hotel is in the process of contacting this guest to resolve to their satisfaction.

Michael Rock