“Nice location in Flagstaff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice location in Flagstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The visit to the hotel started out rocky... the room key did not work. Hotel staff promptly brought another to the room/hall.
There is a separate floor for Hilton members which was nice.
The warm cookies and water at check in is a treat.
The breakfast buffet was not too enticing. Eggs cold and everything pretty bland and not much of a selection. The young server however was very nice.
Parking is easy. Easy access to town. Starbucks nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and will share with our team both the positive (what we are doing right!) and the areas we can improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Flagstff, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

No room when i was told i could check in, then gave me a room with someone in it, then the room i got the bathroom had not been cleaned ...dirty towels all over. and then my kids did not even get there cookie.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Jay G
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Submitted on behalf of Michael Rock,

Please accept my sincere apologies about your experiences and for not receiving the DoubleTree Cookie upon arrival. The Cookie should always be first and always available throughout your entire stay. I would like to get additional information about your stay and to resolve to your satisfaction. The hotel will be contacting you via private message to properly resolve.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were given a room which was already occupied, and so were several other people arriving at the same time. Had to return to reception carrying baggage in order to be allocated another room. Reception staff seemed overwhelmed with problems. Room and beds comfortable, but air conditioning loud and kept switching on and off making sleep difficult. Doors not fitted with soft closures and were slamming until late. Woken up at 6.15 am by a fire alarm going off. Toaster in the restaurant had caught fire but we were in another building, so was this really necessary? Breakfast disappointing, eggs were cold and a very limited choice of food. Complimentary drinks are not the solution, there are management problems at this hotel. A bike was propped up at the back of reception desk due to "running out of storage space". Am waiting for a response to my complaint but so far have not received one.

Room Tip: Did not use spa but unable to remove the rating.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jsengland
Submitted on behalf of Michael Rock,

Please accept my sincere apologies for these issues during your recent visit. I would like to get additional information about your recent visit and to resolve to your satisfaction. We did have some operational challenges this particular weekend and I am sorry that this had a negative impact on your stay. I have addressed many of these issues with my team and we are taking steps to make sure that we are better prepared so these issues do not occur again. We appreciate this feedback so we can make internal adjustments and better train our team to provide the high level of service that you expect when staying at a Hilton property.

The hotel is in the process of contacting this guest to get additional information but also to properly resolve for our service failures.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there 2 nights,it wasn't bad but it wasn't the greatest hilton I've stayed in.Second day when we came back from our trip to Sedona noticed room hasn't been cleaned and called for room service to vacuum and new towels.If ever go that way again I would try some other hotel to stay

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Denyskar
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience and please accept my sincere apologies for our service failures. I have followed up with my team in regards to your experience and have used this review to discuss with our team in our morning pre-shift meeting. It is our goal to make sure that we meet and exceed our guest expectations while staying with us and we are committed to resolve to the guest satisfaction if we fall short. I would like to get additional information so we can properly resolve this.
Colorado Springs, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Lots of negative things to say about this hotel. -Very old and outdated. -We were 4 people in the room but only 3 large towels were provided. -We were in a room right next to the elevator, even though we had two little dogs with us. So it was very noisy and whenever someone was near the elevator our dogs got a little excited. In one of the rooms close to us there was another dog barking and whining the whole time (badly when it got noisy in the hallway). It would be better to put people with dogs at the other end of the hallway so it's less noisy and the dogs don't start barking). -The condition of the bathroom was horrible. A huge tile at the ceiling was hanging down at one end and one could see the dirt and mold. Unfortunately our stay was short-time so we didn't have the time/energy to report the issues (I know we should have). After a long day of driving (Grand Canyon) we were exhausted and tried to go to bed early (wasn't possible because of the other dog and noisy hallway). -The room-in breakfast was horrible (especially the scrambles eggs and hash browns).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Laura H
Please accept our sincere apologies about your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. I would like to get additional information from you so I can follow up with my team about the issues experienced. Once I receive this information I will be following up with my housekeeping, maintenance, and food and beverage departments to address our failures. I will also follow up with my team in regards to the noise caused by another dog. We do have designated pet rooms and these rooms are at the end of the hallway and away from elevators, so I will make sure that we are properly assigning rooms when we are notified of a pet being in the room. The hotel would like to resolve to your satisfaction and will be responding via private message to get additional information. Please accept our apologies for our service failures.

Silverthorne, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hotel was expensive, however received a better rate by booking through rafting company we used for trip on the Grand Canyon. It needed remodeling, that was slowly occurring. My Hilton Honors members room was no better than any other except on a separate floor. My room was over the hot tub and past 10 people were loud down there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. You'll be happy, we hope, to know that since your stay we've completed our renovations (just putting the finishing touches on our fireplace). As a new Hilton we are working to learn what our guests most need and want to make their stay exceptional. We listen to guests and read reviews to help us learn how to meet those needs and truly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. We hope that on your next stay we will WOW you with an amazing DoubleTree by Hilton experience.
Payson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I guess I've officially become a hotel snob! We usually have great Hilton experiences, so when it is not as great, it stands out. In truth, this hotel is perfectly fine, but my expectations have become what I am normally accustomed to. So what were the shortcomings here? At check-in, while the clerk was very friendly, we had to ask for the chocolate chip cookies. I know you will laugh at that one, but I was looking forward to it! Then no bottled water was offered. Perhaps there was some free in the room, but I was heading out right away. Then no snacks were in the room as we are accustomed to. Sorry, but we've been spoiled. More importantly though, it was very difficult to sleep with the air conditioner coming on and going off as it reached its requested temperature. This is a problem at other cheaper hotels too, but at least this one had a "fan on" function that eliminated the on/off madness. Granted it was a little loud, but it became "white noise" and helped to drown out any noise from the hallway. Unfortunately at 6:00 a.m. the hotel fire alarm went off, waking everyone. It turned out a hotel guest had burned toast in the breakfast area, so there was smoke. I can't fault the hotel for the actions of a guest, but the detectors must be awfully sensitive to go on for such a simple matter. To the hotels credit, they did get the fire alarm off fairly quickly, so most guests just returned to bed, not worrying any longer. But we were up, so decided to go have breakfast. This was definitely the highlight of the stay. Wait staff was extremely friendly and attentive, and the breakfast buffet had a wonderful selection of hot and cold breakfast items. I'm sure we will return someday, but we might see if there is another Hilton property first.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience and please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to meet your expectations. I would like to get additional feedback about your experience so I can fix the AC unit in your guest room but also get additional information so I can follow up with my team to provide the proper training and follow up to make sure we are delivering a high level of service with every interaction with our guests.

I would also like to apologize for the fire alarm that occurred at 6am. I was called in to assist as well and in terms of disruption to our guests did have a negative impact and I apologize for this incident. In regards to the sensitivity of our smoke detectors the croissant got wedged in the toaster and it took my team a couple minutes to get it from the toaster and from my understanding the smoke was intense in the area over the buffet for several minutes.

In regards to the DoubleTree Cookie it should always be the first thing that is offered upon arrival and I have already followed up with my team on the importance of offering the cookie upon arrival. After following up with my team, I learned due to the number of softball teams and other groups in town my kitchen had some challenges keeping up with the demand for cookies this weekend. I have discussed with my chef for these busy summer weekends to have more prepared in advance to keep up with the demand.

Thanks again for this valuable feedback and this past weekend was a learning experience for my team and we are making internal adjustments to make sure we continue to deliver a high level of service every day for our guests to enjoy. Your comments are valid and this is great information for me to work out some of issues with my team. Thanks again.

1175 W. Route 66