“Good value”

Ranked #45 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
NY
“Good value”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Staff was helpful and friendly, but the room had a lower sliding window (ground level) that would not lock. The block of wood provided was OK, but we requested a lock and got one. Why it's not on there to start with still befuddles us. Breakfast was good,

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Silicon Valley, CA
Reviewed April 24, 2009

In contrast to the previous review, I stayed at this motel and was very pleased. It was very clean, the staff very friendly, and a convenient location (no train noise, often a problem in Flagstaff).

The breakfast was so-so--toast, muffins, cereal.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
southwest
Reviewed April 22, 2009

The carpet in the hallway and in the room was filthy. There was a strong musty smell. The tub was not clean and mold around the top of the door frame. As well the second bed was placed in such a way that a person could not get in and out without climbing over the bed and we considered that a safety hazard since getting up in a hurry in the dark would have you running smack into a wall at the end. The lamp could only be turned off and on by plugging and unplugging into a hard to reach soccet.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
qimilton_manager, Asst Manager at Quality Inn I-40 & I-17, responded to this review, May 16, 2009
Hello, we are just joining trip advisor on the advice of a friend more computer saavy than I am. We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. Being a classic landmark hotel in Flagstaff, we do everything possible to provide a positive experience for all our guests. However in this industry we are all human beings and mistakes can be made. We appreciate you giving us a try, and please continue to make the Quality choice whenever you travel.

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Nottingham, England
Reviewed January 18, 2009

I arrived with my son on 4th January 2009, so that he could attend a week's orientation as an exchange student at the Northern Arizona University, before commencing the four month semester until May 2009. We only had to walk up the road and into the University grounds (the blizzard on the first day made walking more difficult) so it's location for us was perfect.

We found a clean, comfortable room, enjoyed peaceful nights, polite staff, with everything provided as we could wish for, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, constant clean towels, etc.

We don't understand anyone moaning about the breakfast available with a choice of cereals, choice of milk, raisins, yoghurt, fruit juice, choice of breads, or toast, bagels, danish pastries, muffins, fresh banana and apple, butter, jam, peanut butter, cheese spread, hot chocolate, coffee (24 hour) and a wide range of teas. We both had very bad colds and could only face a tiny portion of what was available.

The room did seem a bit hot at first but a simple adjustment of the thermostat brought down the temperature, and I turned the fan to low so that it didn't disturb my sleep. Also I could pull the window back a bit, even with the wooden pole in place, for enough fresh air to avoid condensation (double glazing would be a good improvement!). The TV had plenty of channels to keep us happy and an iron and board were in the wardrobe.

I stayed until 13th January (having installed my son into his University flat) and thanked the staff for a very pleasant stay. (Wish it had been summer to use the pool)

• Liked — Peaceful and private
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
arizona
Reviewed January 11, 2009

This hotel provided a nice, clean room. For the rate we paid, 58 bucks, it was a steal. The beds were on the firm side, and pillows a little lumpy, but the linens were updated, and the bathroom was extremely clean. I didn't have any problems letting my toddlers run around the room and play.

The cont breakfast was adequate and we enjoyed the 24 hour juice and coffee bar.

Pros: inexpensive and good location. Knowledgable and friendly staff. Very clean hotel room.The room we stayed in was very very quiet.

Negatives: The hotel is run on a/c or heat only for the entire hotel. In the winter they only had heat on so the rooms were really hot during the day. We opened a window before bed and that helped cool the room off.
Another big negative for us was the windows themselves. They were toddler level and on the second floor if our kids opened the window they could have walked right out. No locks, except for a pole in the window sill. Yikes!
We kept a constant eye that they stay away from the windows.

• Liked — Good rate for a nice clean hotel
  • Disliked — Unsafe windows
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I booked this hotel as an affordable place for my wife and I to stay in Flagstaff and use as a base for skiing at Arizona Snowbowl and a visit to the Grand Canyon. For the most part it served its purpose, but there were some problems. 1) The bedding was barely adequate. 2) The heater fan was loud. 3) The hotel apparently allows dogs and there were dogs barking throughout the night on all three nights. 4) When we called the front desk for additional towels, there was no answer. We had to walk down and request them. 5) The continental breakfast is weak at best. All in all the hotel served its purpose as a cheap place to sleep and shower. But I probably would try somewhere else next time.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — the bedding.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2009

When learning about going to the Wuality Inn Flagstaff, I was not thinking luxury. I was right. The beds are comfortable though, the rooms are spacious, and the breakfast is a typical fine hotel breakfast. The staff are helpful as well. But fi you are looking to save money, the Quality Inn is for you. It is comfortable enough!

Pros: Good rooms/beds, Coffee is good **, Staff are good, affordable price.

Cons: Parking is sometimes difficult, not enough outlets in rooms...

Other than that, if you are looking to save money, this hotel is perfect.

• Liked — Free wi-fi, comfy beds
  • Disliked — Parking/Location, lack of outlets
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business