WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Los Angeles, California
“Old but clean!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our second time here. First time was in 1993 and we thought that after 21 yrs the hotel was probably old and who knows maybe dirty. So we didn't expect much going here again, but it was Friday and it was the cheapest hotel in the area. We arrived and noticed the lobby is old yes but clean. Front desk staff was very nice and they gave us a room on the second floor. I didn't remember there isn't elevators .. If you are young it's ok to bring your stuff in room but I wonder how old people will bring their luggage up to all those stairs. Anyway as soon as we got in our room we were happy because it was big and CLEAN! Yes old furniture is true but it was clean and so I prefer to have an old clean room than a new dirty room as unfortunately is happening often lately.
Beds are comfortable, my husband slept well .. I did not sleep very well only because of the air conditioning noise in the next room. But that's me .. probably another one not even hear the noise...
The hotel is pet friendly so there is pet here pet there pet everywhere but again .. the hotel was clean!
There is a beautiful pool but we didn't use it. Wi-Fi in room is fast! :)
Breakfast was very good. The Buffet is in the lobby and the breakfast room is on the second floor where they also prepare eggs in front of you.
Check in out lady was very friendly and gave me a map and told me where to park to visit downtown Flagstaff.
When in Flagstaff will sleep here again. I repeat old but clean and shower's towels are soft! :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
Panama City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

There were three clerks behind the counter when we came in. Only one was working and the other two just stood around. No hello, no we'll be with you in a minute, nothing.
I made my hotel reservation 2 weeks before our trip and asked for a room down stairs. We were assigned a room up stairs and there is no elevator. The person checking in before us without a reservation got a room down stairs. The same type room we had asked for. When I said we wanted a room downstairs he said they were full.
The hotel is every hard to find at night and there are no lights or arrows pointing the was.
The hotel is old and the carpet in the hallway and room is filthy. The price is outrageously high for such a low quality hotel.
We've never stayed at a Quality Inn so bad.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Plano, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because it was fairly cheap compared to pricing for others in the area. The carpets in the hallways were very dirty and needed to be cleaned. The ice machine near our room was out of order. The bed was hard and the pillows were the absolute worst ever. They consisted of broken up pieces of foam rubber that was scanty for the size of pillows. Towels provided were thin and only two were provided for the two of us. We had to request more and noticed other guests doing the same. No designated seating area was provided downstairs for breakfast. Patrons had to balance food and drinks on small plastic trays while going up a couple of flights of stairs to the second floor. Ridiculous! How families with small children or people with disabilities managed is a mystery. I took my food to my room. Pastries were dry and unpalatable.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ladyslider28
Albany, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Not a great or even nice hotel! The beds where hard, the windows didnt lock and had a stick to keep them closed. The heating system for the room was old and stained the wall black, the bathroom as so small there was barely enough room to turn around and I am not a small person. The rooms smelled like mildew and the hot breakfast smelled like wet cat food.

Pick another place to stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hell, NV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The front desk staff were wonderful! They were so helpful and accommodating despite our unusual travel plans & schedule. (Due to work and travel times, we had to be "daysleepers".)
We DO appreciate that the lady at the front TRIED to put us in a quiet area. However for a few hours in the mid-morning, there was some LOUD hammering/construction going on! Plus the loud people, screaming children and a yappy dog barking going up & down the halls.

The location is good, close to NAU and lots of shops & restaurants.

Here's a tip for ALL travelers: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be quiet as possible when going to and from your rooms. You never know who might be trying to sleep! Not everyone has a "normal" 9-5 schedule.

My other complaints are the heat in this hotel. The heat was cranked up & the thermostat in our room didn't work at all. (We suspect that none of the thermostats work) It was so uncomfortably warm in our room. AND our bathroom was a bit dirty. The tub & floor didn't look clean. The vent in the bathroom ceiling hasn't been cleaned in a LONG time. Yuck.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New Haven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel is what all Quality Inns should be like. It is in a very convenient location r4ight near I 40 and I 17 with plenty of food nearby. The rooms were average in size but very comfortable, clean and quiet. I especially liked the young man who checked us in. He was very very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here only because it was the only vacancy. Although the hotel was very close to everything, I would not recommend . The room was "clean" at first glance, but the tub was dirty looking, and paint was peeling behind the bathroom door and bathroom walls. Breakfast was a nightmare, as there is not tables to sit at, just random chairs. We had to go to our room to eat. The beds were hard as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family