“Old hotel needs updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn I-40 & I-17

Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Plano, Texas
“Old hotel needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because it was fairly cheap compared to pricing for others in the area. The carpets in the hallways were very dirty and needed to be cleaned. The ice machine near our room was out of order. The bed was hard and the pillows were the absolute worst ever. They consisted of broken up pieces of foam rubber that was scanty for the size of pillows. Towels provided were thin and only two were provided for the two of us. We had to request more and noticed other guests doing the same. No designated seating area was provided downstairs for breakfast. Patrons had to balance food and drinks on small plastic trays while going up a couple of flights of stairs to the second floor. Ridiculous! How families with small children or people with disabilities managed is a mystery. I took my food to my room. Pastries were dry and unpalatable.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ladyslider28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albany, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Not a great or even nice hotel! The beds where hard, the windows didnt lock and had a stick to keep them closed. The heating system for the room was old and stained the wall black, the bathroom as so small there was barely enough room to turn around and I am not a small person. The rooms smelled like mildew and the hot breakfast smelled like wet cat food.

Pick another place to stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Hell, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The front desk staff were wonderful! They were so helpful and accommodating despite our unusual travel plans & schedule. (Due to work and travel times, we had to be "daysleepers".)
We DO appreciate that the lady at the front TRIED to put us in a quiet area. However for a few hours in the mid-morning, there was some LOUD hammering/construction going on! Plus the loud people, screaming children and a yappy dog barking going up & down the halls.

The location is good, close to NAU and lots of shops & restaurants.

Here's a tip for ALL travelers: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be quiet as possible when going to and from your rooms. You never know who might be trying to sleep! Not everyone has a "normal" 9-5 schedule.

My other complaints are the heat in this hotel. The heat was cranked up & the thermostat in our room didn't work at all. (We suspect that none of the thermostats work) It was so uncomfortably warm in our room. AND our bathroom was a bit dirty. The tub & floor didn't look clean. The vent in the bathroom ceiling hasn't been cleaned in a LONG time. Yuck.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel is what all Quality Inns should be like. It is in a very convenient location r4ight near I 40 and I 17 with plenty of food nearby. The rooms were average in size but very comfortable, clean and quiet. I especially liked the young man who checked us in. He was very very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here only because it was the only vacancy. Although the hotel was very close to everything, I would not recommend . The room was "clean" at first glance, but the tub was dirty looking, and paint was peeling behind the bathroom door and bathroom walls. Breakfast was a nightmare, as there is not tables to sit at, just random chairs. We had to go to our room to eat. The beds were hard as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michelle21572
phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I arrived to this hotel on Friday afternoon about 3pm. They were 100% booked as were probably all other hotels in Flagstaff, for a weekend kickoff to ski season over the holiday weekend. Having never been to Flagstaff I had a little trouble finding the place. At check in the attendant indicated that my room had one bed. I explained that I asked for two beds on the reservation because there were three in my party. She said that they had no rooms left with two beds. I asked if there as anything we could do (maybe a room with a pullout or a rollaway?). I was offered to cancel my room and check out! WOW! I accepted the offer of no help?! And continued...I asked if they had any information about the town (restaurants, places to see, etc.) and they gave me a sort of blank stare. One of the attendants simply said I should "go downtown, that's where everything is at". I asked of there was free wifi? Yes.
So the room door opens to the outside...it made for a bit of a chilly room. There was an awful stench in the bathroom sink. Other than that the room appeared clean on the surface. The room was only two or three doors down from the laundry. I could hear the machines running all day and all night. This could rank in one of my worst night's sleep ever. We got up early just to put an end to our miserable night. While they offered a free breakfast of some sort we did not try it. We were happy to get out of there. We had a long day of skiing at SnowBowl and went back to the hotel. But we left the room in the late afternoon, despite the fact that we had already paid for another night. I couldn't bare the thought of sleeping there another night. This room may have been acceptable if I was in college, or looking to stay someplace for as little as $ possible. It was a bed in a room after all. And it was clean. There is no excuse for poor attitudes in front office staff in my book, no matter if it is a 5-star or 1-star hotel.

Stayed December 2013
Gilbert, Arizona, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel was musty smelling! Beds had springs popping out and room had paint peeling. It was the worst part of what should have been a memorable experience. Thus the reason parking lot was empty but hotel across the street was packed. Not worth the money!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013