“Smells like urine or mold in hallway” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn I-40 & I-17

Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Smells like urine or mold in hallway”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Free breakfast was good other than that this Quality Inn is in serious need of upgrades. I used to frequent the small bar back in the 1980s. I felt like I was back in the 1980s. Carpet needs replacing in halls and room. Pillows were literally half of a regular size pillow. Beds uncomfortable. It's a shame because back in the day this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stuffyandthekid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Washington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We got a special rate for a group but we would stay here again at regular rate. Clean, comfortable, best hotel breakfast ever included, nice pool which was not used much by other guests. Near a number of restaurants of different types and prices. Don't miss the drive up Oak Creek Canyon on way to Flag.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had zero complaints about this hotel during my three day stay. At check in Mike and another guy were working and they were great! Mike gave me maps of the town and shopping centers, etc. He had awesome recommendations on places to eat, things to do and hiking trails. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful, I talked to quite a few of the employees and the girls were all extremely helpful. Good coffee in the morning. Clean swimming pool for being outdoors and was heated I think. When I walked into my room is smelled clean. I did not find one thing wrong with my room. The housekeepers here are really thorough (I used to work front desk and housekeeping for a few years). I check everything when I walk into a hotel room, This place might not be extremely modern but it is clean and comfortable. My bed was comfy and my pillows were nice. I had a problem free stay here and am so pleased that I picked this place instead of another hotel because it's a great price and great quality with friendly staff members. I will come back to this hotel the next time I'm in flagstaff!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've stayed here and we have no complaints. The beds are comfortable, the room was clean, hot breakfast. Nothing fancy. We just needed one night. Although it says something about "no train noise", my "alarm" the following morning actually was the train (I am a light sleeper though). Mike at front desk went far and beyond with his service. First, we didn't have reservations and it was a holiday weekend. Then my husband haggled him by trying to bargain a better price and when we were finally convinced that he couldn't go lower and accepted, when he printed out the reciept for us to sign, he had dropped the price to what we had asked for!! On top of that, my husband had lost his phone charger and Mike hooked it up to a charger that they had at front desk, my husband went to buy one at Walmart and when he returned Mike told him that he shouldn't have done that, he actually gave him the charger!! Needless to say we returned the Walmart charger the following day....Mike deserves a raise! He rocks!

Room Tip: Bargain for a better rate! You might be surprised.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had 2 nice nights over Memorial Day weekend. I priced everything around this location and they really had the best prices. Room was quiet:) We had our dog w/us and he wasn't upset by any thing which is nice. Location was great. Bed was a little uncomfortable. Every thing was very clean. It is a bit dated - the bathroom counter is a bit small and it was hard to shut the bathroom door w/out sitting down on the toilet (ie small). The ladies at the breakfast are super nice and helpful. It was a full breakfast w/hot food (eggs and sauages) as well as other breakfast items. It isn't a 5 star place but a good deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

What you expect is pretty much what you get. There are a ton of hotels right at this intersection, so shop for price. This one has slightly lumpy beds, clean but worn carpets and linens. A tip about the shower... I found it practical to wash my hair only while kneeling in the tub, as the shower head comes out of the wall about 4.5 feel above the tub floor, and the ceiling was just 2 feet above that and unprotected from water. Kneeling in the tub wasn't much fun, given the strips of antislip surface, but got the job done. Breakfast was fine but unremarkable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our room was clean, comfortable, roomy and quiet. What made this property stand out was the outstanding service of Mike (better known as Capt. Awesome!) at the front desk. Upon arrival after a 12 hr drive we determined that we had made our reservation for the wrong date. Mike not only got us into a room but offered us very helpful advice about our planned driving route for the next day. And he also referred us to a wonderful restaurant that was within walking distance. All done with a smile and professional attitude. A great employee made this "good" hotel into an "excellent" one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends