“Needs a good scrubbing!”

Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
Ranked #47 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix
“Needs a good scrubbing!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We've stayed at this great location several times over the last 5 years with kids attending NAU. While the personnel is great, as is the breakfast, this hotel is due for a good scrubbing. The smell of old cigarette smoke is so pungent that I had to buy Fabreeze spray and a fragrant candle for my last multi night stay. This could be a great property - location is great, no train noise, kind of a retro feel. It just needs fresh paint, carpet, mattresses, etc. The breakfast setup needs improvement too.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby and ask for a north facing room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank silvisgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Oneida, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Good......clean, central location, nice cooked breakfast.

The Bad.....they let dogs in and the ones next to us howled and barked at various times. Last night at midnight. The driveway is hidden within a gas station with poor signage as how to get into the property.

The Ugly...people take their dogs to breakfast,,,,right in the dining room with the rest of us.

And if you have dog or cat alergies.....this is not the place for you.

I am a member of their awards program and they put us in the area of the motel with the pet rooms. Nice.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank obus1944

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel smells musty with a lingering smoke smell in lobby, also in the halls. The rooms need a deep cleaning for the price I paid due to flagstaff being a high season I should have paid the extra money to stay elsewhere. Rooms smelt musty and of old smoke. Beds are ok if you just need somewhere to sleep and are not spending much time in room this is your place. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lovelysmith
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here one night. The carpet was damp but I was warned about it. The front desk told me they had just shampooed the carpet earlier and that it might not be dry. The room was clean except the coffee pot still had a used coffee filter in it - something the clearning crew missed. There was a full breakfast which was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brea, California
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a recent road trip that took us through Flagstaff. The room was large and comfortable. Everything worked well . The room was reasonably priced and we had a good night's sleep. A good hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, waffles and many other items was included with the room price. Would definately stay here again....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bryan p
Astoria, Oregon
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here one night while passing through Flagstaff and checking out the University. My GPS wasn't working, so I needed directions on how to find places. The man at the front desk was wonderful, providing me with maps and taking the time to tell me step-by-step how to find the places I needed, even telling me where to go once I was on the campus. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The morning breakfast was hot and tasty, providing sausage, scrambled eggs, and the other usual breakfast items of cereal, toast, coffee, juice, etc. The parking lot was a little cramped and confusing, but our overall experience here was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank debstime4me
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The outside appearance of this hotel made you wonder. The color and shape is not inviting at all.
The interior though dated is not bad, clean and friendly staff. The breakfast is not bad. We chose this Quality Inn for the price and it's location to all the sights on our list to visit and near the main routes to 89A, I 40 and I 17. There are gas stations at the end of the drive way and places to eat at short distance. If Meteor Crater, Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater, Wupatki NM and scenic 89 A to Sedona is on your list, this hotel is well priced for a stay.

Room Tip: Book early, we arrived on a Monday in mid. June and they were fully booked. We went to breakfast at...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple