“Convenient, great staff”

Ranked #42 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Astoria, Oregon
“Convenient, great staff”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here one night while passing through Flagstaff and checking out the University. My GPS wasn't working, so I needed directions on how to find places. The man at the front desk was wonderful, providing me with maps and taking the time to tell me step-by-step how to find the places I needed, even telling me where to go once I was on the campus. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The morning breakfast was hot and tasty, providing sausage, scrambled eggs, and the other usual breakfast items of cereal, toast, coffee, juice, etc. The parking lot was a little cramped and confusing, but our overall experience here was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank debstime4me

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The outside appearance of this hotel made you wonder. The color and shape is not inviting at all.
The interior though dated is not bad, clean and friendly staff. The breakfast is not bad. We chose this Quality Inn for the price and it's location to all the sights on our list to visit and near the main routes to 89A, I 40 and I 17. There are gas stations at the end of the drive way and places to eat at short distance. If Meteor Crater, Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater, Wupatki NM and scenic 89 A to Sedona is on your list, this hotel is well priced for a stay.

Room Tip: Book early, we arrived on a Monday in mid. June and they were fully booked. We went to breakfast at...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marian T
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed June 24, 2012

For a place to sleep for the night, it was passable. The bed was comfortable and we could pile up enough of the micro-pillows to get comfortable. What's with the little pillows? The facility is a bit old and has an odd layout. You pick up your food downstairs and carry it upstairs to the dining area. The room layout, seemed to be missing some furniture, maybe there was a couch in the recess against the outer wall at one time. Smallest bathroom ever. Overall the facility needs a refresh.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmcdermon

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I found the motel clean and neat, the staff helpful, directed me to a good Mexican Restaurant within walking distance, and quiet. I was slightly disappointed in the breakfast area layout, as you selected your food on the first floor, but had to carry it upstairs to the table area, slightly inconvenient; the food was nice and fresh.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Frank C
AZ
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed one night while in town for a softball tournament, as the team booked out a block of rooms. This hotel is quite dated, low ceilings, no elevator, older carpet and decor. They do offer a nice hot and cold buffett breakfast, nothing fancy, but plenty of variety to satisfy. The entrance is difficult to find. Would not be our first choice to stay at for our next tournament in Flagstaff, but the staff was helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 5italians
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed one night. Very conveniently located off I-17. Older hotel, but the room was clean and adequate. Just a standard hotel room. Great free breakfast buffet. Would stay again. Decent price for the time of year. Only negative was poor signage. Lobby entrance was not easily visable once you turned into the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Folks I have driven across this great America many times, but only one other time did I find an in such as this Quality Inn on Milton Road in Flagstaff. Well actually my son and his significant other found it at 11 33 PM. I had just finished a 2,106 mile drive in 2+ days from Mt Pleasant SC and barely remember seeing they and the 3 grandkids at a late dinner in a nearby Denny (which by the way was excellent in food and service).. At that time I remember being guided to the room and falling fast asleep on a very comfortable bed.
The next morning I met Nathan who was behind the desk. this young man deserves a raise. Nathanassisted me with the inn's computer, directed me to the FREE breakfast buffet (WHIC WAS EXCELLENT) nathan could answer any question I had about travleing on to Sedona. The other manager Nina Townson helped me get ideas about places in Sedona and a couple of places I needed to get to in the area of the quality Inn.If all hotels and motels had their staffs as well trained and polite as this Quality Inn staff every traveler would be a HAPPY CAMPER.
Artistically yours,
Francis Gee

Room Tip: Book in advance at this incredible Quality Inn and say "Hello" to Nathan and Nina
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo