“Great price, very convenient and great customer service!”

Quality Inn I-40 & I-17
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Sierra Vista
“Great price, very convenient and great customer service!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed one night. It was very conveniently off I-17 and I-40, very easy to find. Very close to restaurants within walking distance (Sizzlers, Red Lobster, Busters). Right next to a gas station -convenient! Great breakfast buffet (free) and staff was so friendly and very helpful. Would definitely stay here again. Room was very nice and very quiet.

Room Tip: always prefer first floor. was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jhurd6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We checked in after missing the entrance twice. The temperature in our room was 60 degrees. We were told at the desk that it was an old hotel and they had to switch over from air conditioning to heat manually and it would be an hour before heat was available. Two hours later (8PM) we still had no heat, no Internet connectivity and our TV did not work. We asked for our money back or a new room. We were offered a different room but only with two doubles instead of the king we reserved. By the time we repacked and moved it was 9pm and we had to go out and search for a dinner spot that was still open. We travel extensively and this was our worst experience ever.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lamont2

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Estes Park
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I agree with another reviewer - it is easy to miss the entrance, but the greeting I received from the front desk personnel made up for the little glitch. The staff was wonderful - and check me in efficiently. The room was pleasant but had some awkward positioning for light switches - but we figured it out.

I've stayed here before a couple of times -- and will be back.

AND the great thing about this hotel is that it is very quiet.

Room Tip: There are a lot of restaurants nearby. I like the rooms on the 2nd floor, but I never discovered...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank o2bnfr
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Truck/trailer parking. Nice rooms - older hotel. Short walking distance to lots of eating places. Nice breakfast area and good staff.
Missed the entrance (small sign) and had to drive around a residential area to get back to the hotel. Easy access off highway. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BBQPitchman
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have stayed here regularly for years. I like it because it is economical, the breakfast is good, it is comfortable, and a great location. They always are quick are the front desk and courteous.

Room Tip: I usually make sure the AC unit isn't rackety. Some are fairly old.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here in late July. It was nice and clean, the beds were comfortable, the property is well kept. The staff is excellent. We stayed at many motels during our trip and the staff here outshone the staff just about anywhere else, in particular, the front desk.
It's close to Grand Canyon, maybe an hour and a half and close to Sedona, as well. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, and even a Jiffy Lube if you need an oil change.
The breakfast was excellent, the servers on top of everything. The only drawback was the buffet being on the first floor and the breakfast room on the second, meaning you had to carry everything upstairs. The great view from upstairs made up for it.
We would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank willowsporch
Frisco, Colorado
Reviewed December 20, 2011

The staff at this Quality Inn was impressive. I'm used to motel staff being bored and inattentive, but the folks here were quite friendly and helpful. Moreover, the staff for the hot breakfast was more active than any I've seen before. There were two of them each day keeping things going, swapping out the coffee the instant the thermos went empty and even offered to take my tray. Although the breakfast is served in the lobby, if you take your tray upstairs there's a breakfast room with tables and two windows overlooking the mountains to the east and west - an excellent view for your morning.

Being close to NAU, there are plenty of restaurants and stores within easy walking distance. At least on the north side of the hotel, there's minimal traffic noise.

The accommodations were basic and comfortable. The WiFi was solid and easy to connect to, but strangely the electrical setup of the hotel was iffy. There were no obvious outlets in the lobby except for one over by the shared use computer. In the room, there were two spare outlets, fine if you're traveling alone but for two of us with laptops and chargers we had to take turns charging things. The light switch for the toilet was by the sink; the light switch for the sink was by the front door; the light switch for the room - didn't exist, the lights were all turned on and off individually. Heating was quiet and adjusted just right. The shower head was inconveniently at eye level; probably perfect if you're about 5' tall.

One note, the hotel recommends using a little alley between the Denny’s and Shell station to get into the hotel. I think the better way is to use the entrance a little farther north, just south of the larger “Martians Welcome” Quality inn sign. It's a wider road and there's a lobby entrance on both sides of the hotel; I'm not sure why they prefer the other road.

Overall, if I was to come again I'd bring a power strip, but otherwise I’d be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family