“Too expensive for a low quality hotel”

Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
wausau
“Too expensive for a low quality hotel”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

There is a hidden charge built into the room rate for using the blow dryer, ironing board and safe. You need to tell the desk clerk that you won't be using these items, and you get $3 off your bill.
The room was noisy, could hear people in next room. The room smelled musty, carpet was old and ratty. There is no continental breakfast, despite it being a basic service from most motels in this price range.
The hallways and exit door were dirty, giving and immediate feeling of a "dumpy" motel.
We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Some 1'st floor rooms have patio doors and parking outside the door, so you have easy access to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 843lovetotravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Albuquerque NM
Reviewed September 10, 2012

When the rate for one day was $3 higher than my online reservation through Wyndham stated, I asked why. Without telling you an "appliance fee" is charged to cover hair dryer, microwave and the safe. I stated I would not be using any of these, and the clerk printed out a new bill minus the $3. The original higher bill did not list the charge as a line item, so it's a sure bet that the great majority pay for this without knowing they are being charged. In our room the AC kept cycling on and off, the sink drained very poorly and the CATV couldn't receive the PBS channel or a few others in Phoenix not so far away. Large patches of stucco have come off the exterior. Next time I will try another facility.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms may not have the creaky floors above you which interfered with our sleep.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel was clean and the rooms appeared to have been recently renovated. The bathrooms could use a little updating, but otherwise this worked well for our overnight stay in Flagstaff. There are lots of places to eat nearby and it also has easy access to the freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel if you don't want to face the noisy street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the days hotel in flagstaff on a trip to see the grand canyon. When I saw the price I was expecting a standard "only come here to sleep" type place, but the hotel blew me away in person. First of all the staff was very nice and helpful even though my crew arrived late in the evening (that hour when many hotel's employees decide to give up). Checking into our room, me and my two friends were very impressed with a good-sized, well equipped suite. The tv, fridge, air conditioner and shower were all exceptional. We also discovered on our way up that they not only have a fine indoor pool, but also a hot tub and men and women's saunas. I dont think I've ever gotten anywhere near as much special treatment for such a reasonable price. Oh, and the breakfast was great too of course.

Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Jamestrevor
Jose A, Manager at Days Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during your trip to the grand canyon. We are so thankful for all of your positive comments concerning our customer service. It reaffirms our dedication to customer service. We will continue to provide excellent customer service and hope that you stay at our hotel again.

Again, thank you for completing your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at Jose.Alvarado@DaysHotelFlagstaff.com

Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Arrived here about 11:30pm and the receptionist was a pretty chill guy, very friendly, helpful and an all-around people person. Hotel itself is in a decent location, there's a gas station and some places to eat just across the street and a Wal-Mart close by.

I was part of a group of 7 college students traveling cross-country and we just stayed here for 1 night before hitting up the Grand Canyon. The rooms were great, the beds are a bit firm (at least the queens) but there's plenty of room for even 4 guys in one double queen room. The only real minus was the AC unit, it was an old style with just a dial-style thermometer and fan control so it either stays on or off all night unless someone gets up and changes it. (There was also a slight smell in the hallway that one of my friends described as a "preschool smell" but that's quickly adjusted to and not noticeable in the rooms)

Unfortunately we had to skip breakfast because of our travel plans so I can't say anything on that, however, given the price, I'd most likely stay here another night if I happened across Flagstaff again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin S
Dear Guest,

We are excited that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We are working on improving our hotel constantly and hope that you stay at our hotel again.

Tucson
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights on our recent trip to Flagstaff. Hotel was easy to get to once I figured out how to come in and out on the back street. They had renovated the bathroom area, but other parts of the room/halls were pretty beat up.
Room had everything we needed and the beds were comfortable. Had a nice new TV that you could hook computer to. AC unit was old and LOUD and kept trying to turn itself on all night. (even though we had it turned off). We turned off the refrigerator at night because it, too, was noisy; but it cooled great.

Our room was on the backside and the hotel looks awful on this side. They need to do something about their horrible old dead landscaping and paint the outside of the hotel. Side entrance to the hotel is dirty and disgusting.

On the upside the staff was very helpful and friendly. Also the attached restaurant
(Pine something) was very good. Can walk to Dennys and there is a big gas station/convenience store right across the street. Although trains ran 24/7 noise was very minimal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weiden1
Dear Guest,

We are still working to improve the rest of our hotel. We hope that all of our guests enjoy our completely renovated rooms. The restaurant in our lobby is The Northern Pines Restaurant.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was really impressed with this hotel. I paid in cash so I did not get the online cheaper prices. BUT, I still paid less than $100. The room was recently remodeled. You can tell in the tile and stuff but that was about all. It felt and looked clean! The bed and pillows were so comfortable and they are so smart to have a plug outlet connected right on the desk lamps so you have your phone/ or whatever right there! The fridge was bigger than normal and had a freezer piece which I'm always needing. Room felt spacious and even more so with the door open to the BALCONY!!

They had an indoor pool, jacuzzi, saunas, an excersize room, and lounge area. There was a neat view of the mountains and we watched the sky change colors as The sun set while swimming.

The ONLY bummer, the pool water was cold!!!

Staff was friendly and had great suggestions for local pizza and other stuff. Called to make sure I was settled in my room. Very kid friendly as well since
I travel with 3 under 5. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mownik
Dear Guest,

Our staff works very hard to provide our guests with the highest form of customer service. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and all of the amenities that we provide our guests.