Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff
Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$148
$139
Little America Hotel Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$199
Hotels.com
$149
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$100
$75
$67
Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$114
$105
$92
$130
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$195
$160
DruryHotels.com
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
Travelocity
All reviewscinnamon rollsgrand canyonsales managerroom was cleanpancake machinefree breakfastbottled waterthe breakfast areacracker barrelfront desk staffyogurtwould stay here againnice stayhot breakfasteasy accessup to dateconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2007

We stayed here for two nights April 15 & 16. We stayed at the HI Express near the Grand Canyon so we decided to give this one a try. We were driving to Sedona and this was a good choice. We were traveling with my two teenage boys plus my sister and brother in law. We got two rooms side by side on the 2nd floor. When we checked in I asked for a room in the back as this hotel overlooked the interstate. The front desk clerk told me I didn't want to do that because I would hear trains all night. She gave us a room in the front. I didn't hear highway noise which surprised me considering tractor trailors drive by all night. I did hear some trains and I am a light sleeper but it didn't bother me. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was a little soft for me. There were also four pillows on each bed. Two soft and two firm. To me they seemed the same. The bathroom was a little small but that was okay. When we checked in the hotel pool heater was broken. The kids and men used the outdoor jacuzzi. They said it was nice. By the second night the pool was again closed for some reason beside the heater. It wasn't a problem as it was about 50 outside. Seeing the pool is half inside and half outside it was probably to cold to use it anyway. We went to eat at a few restaurants nearby one being a Cracker Barrel. There is also a Denny's and a few other family restaurants in the area. Each morning a USA Today was hung on your door knob. You could also get the local AZ paper down near the breakfast room. Speaking of breakfast. It was delicious. There were plenty of choices including cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit and plenty of juices, coffee, tea & hot chocolate. A great way to start the day. They did a great job keeping the area clean and well stocked. Despite what was said about the trains I would stay here again if I am ever in Flagstaff. There are two computers in the lobby. Not a problem getting time to use them. Front desk staff was very friendly. Great place to stay for value, cleanliness, and the free breakfast.

2  Thank msar1076
Reviewed April 11, 2007

Hotel was clean and offers the basic services with fitness room with two treadmills and two bikes, indoor/outdoor pool and an outdoor jacuzzi. We had a room with two doubles and it was very small. We definitely felt crowded and glad we were only staying two nights. This is an older hotel that has been refurbished. Based on our experience, newer HIE's have spacious rooms. On the plus side, the hotel does have the nice features of other HIE's - nice linens on the beds and in the bathroom, great showerhead, free breakfast and drinkable coffee in the room. Only two elevators (we were on the 5th floor) for the whole hotel which means sharing it with all the hundreds of other guests and the maids (this must drive them crazy but they were all very courteous and pleasant). Earplugs are available at the front desk if the train noise (this is Flagstaff!) bothers you but we had no problem sleeping through it. If we were to return to Flagstaff I would search out other, newer hotels that might offer more space in the room and better elevator service.

2  Thank runn4st
Reviewed April 6, 2007

POSITIVES:
1. Wonderful continental breakfast!
2. There were two computers in the lobby with Internet access.
3. The bed had comfortable pillows and blankets.
4. Good location with minimal driving distance to Sedona and the Grand Canyon.

NEGATIVES:
1. There were loud trains with whistles all night long.
2. The air conditioner didn't work very well so we couldn't turn it on to drown out the train noise.
3. The rooms were small. A rollaway would not fit in a room with two beds.
4. The actual beds were hard (good thing they at least had the comfortable pillows).

Overall, I am usually more pleased when I stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed March 22, 2007

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express this March was really not sure what to expect - although most Holiday Inn Express' are nice a previous experience with a cheaper hotel had me concerned, but I was pleasantly surprised how great this little hotel was.

The bed was AMAZING - with all sheets and no bed spread made it feel a lot cleaner and the the down comforter was great. The pillows had both hard and soft options and plenty of pillows were on the bed.

The indoor/outdoor pool was nice and clean as was the hot tub. The entire experience was really great. Nice staff, nice room, pretty view.

enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2007

This hotel is close to the railroad tracks, and I swear a train went through every 20 minutes with it's horn!! The rooms are not very soundproof so we could hear everything in the parking lot 2 floors down! The power went out during our stay, but it wasn't at the fault of HI Express, but the elevators weren't running as weren't the hallway lights. Wouldn't stay here if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family