“Good hotel... crummy but convenient locale”

Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed April 15, 2009

The setting is less than scenic, a sea of concrete all around, but delivers the goods and there's not much in Flagstaff to choose from. The pool is only so - so. We joined their Priority Members on line just before we booked and saved $5 a night. We spent three days, the beds were plush and extremely comfortable. Be sure to ask for a room facing the freeway, the backside faces a very busy train track. Reliable lodging at a fair price.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff

Reviewed April 8, 2009

The room was great. Large room, refrigerator and microwave. Quiet. Good breakfast.

Reviewed April 7, 2009

We stayed here while in Flagstaff for a family wedding. My wife had stayed here before, and this was the "host" hotel for the out of towners.

The room was small compared to other Holiday Inn Express' I've stayed in, but wasn't bad at all. Our room overlooked the train tracks, and the back of the property. My wife is a light sleeper, but the trains didn't bother her at all.

The breakfast wasn't bad.. .enough to get ya going in the morning, including fruit, yogurt, selections of bread/pastry, coffe, juice, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, milk, cereal, etc.

Staff was pretty good, no complaints there. We tried to use the pool, but Flagstaff got a freak snow storm on Friday, which made the pool wayyyyyy too cold to swim in.

I'd stay here again.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

the rooms were clean and comfortable, the complementary breakfast was delicious, the hotel was relatively close to every thing but didn't necessarily have that great a view, and the pool was small but i have to say it was a great stay for me and my family and only about a one and a half hour drive to the grand canyon. i will for sure recommend this hotel to anyone going to flagstaff. by the way flagstaff is a train town and often has trains honking there horns
but we always slept soundly through the night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I have stayed at other HI Express hotels, and this one it typical. It needs a little facelifting - the door to our room had crack and paint chipping. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
I was very annoyed with the internet access - wireless ONLY. I specifically inquired about this before booking, as I carry my work laptop with me and needed to access emails and project status. But when I could not connect, the front desk told me they only had wireless. I could not use the lobby computer since I needed access to our company intranet.
The shower was awesome - love that showerhead and fluffy towels!
I was a little disappointed with breakfast - no sausage patties. I eat low carb, so there was not much I could eat. The eggs were terribly underdone, and probably not real eggs.
Beds were comfortable, but the pillows need replacing - very lumpy. My son and I didn't even use them. I had two reservations for future stays, but I have cancelled them. I will be staying at a hotel closer to NAU with wired internet access.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 31, 2008

Are you a train enthusiast? If so,this hotel is perfect for you---as one will go by every half an hour blowing its horn--24/7---right outside your window---the staff was told not to tell us---its company policy--there was to be a note on our bed telling us about the trains---there was not---but they do offer earplugs for your convenience!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank CHROMEfan
Reviewed September 29, 2008

I stayed here for two nights while vacationing on my own in Grand Canyon country. As usual, Holiday Inn Express did not disappoint me. I was able to check in after a long day of driving and immediately relax without having to worry about cleanliness or safety.

I love the linens and pillows and feel more comfortable here than I ever do at any other hotels where the bedding and towels must be inspected before using. And I also continue to love the toiletries provided.

Besides the cleanliness of the room and bedding, the bathroom was also very clean. The shower is very big as is the sink counter space.

Everyone I encountered here was very nice and helpful. I will say that the elevators did seem to run very slowly, but that was the only issue.

After visiting nearby areas, I was glad to have chosen to stay in Flagstaff and drive a bit farther rather than stay in a smaller but closer town. The reliability of the Holiday Inn Express and having familiar restaurants and businesses around was worth it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)