Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff
Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$141
$129
Comfort Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$120
$114
ComfortInn
Sleep Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$100
$75
$67
$92
Highland Country Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
Travelocity
$130
$126
Orbitz.com
Days Inn & Suites East Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$85
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$195
Travelocity
Courtyard Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$111
All reviewscinnamon rollsgrand canyonsales managerroom was cleanpancake machinefree breakfastbottled waterthe breakfast areacracker barrelfront desk staffyogurtwould stay here againnice stayhot breakfasteasy accessup to dateconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I headed into Flagstaff after spending the day at the Grand Canyon and was looking for a decent hotel. I was surprised at how many hotels in the area look just this side of seedy. The Holiday Inn Express looked so much better than the surrounding hotels that I decided to give it a try. An important safety consideration for me is having a hotel with interior room doors, and this hotel was one of the few in the area that fit the bill. The lobby is very attractive and the staff is excellent. Anthony, in particular, was exceptionally personable and professional. My room was clean and my bed was comfortable. If I have any minor criticism, I'd say it was that the room was a bit cramped. Other than that, I was completely satisfied with my accommodations, and feel it was a good room for the price ($109).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs. Twice on my trip the hotel I stayed at put me right next to the stairs and I had to listen to a slamming door all night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We intended to stay at Holiday Inn Express in Flagstaff for just one night. When we came in so tired they welcomed us with a roaring fire in the fireplace and personnel who smiled and found us a room that was clean and quiet and very nice.

On awaking we went to breakfast and found it so lovely with the fireplace.

Good food, roaring fire and friendly manager and staff what more could one ask for.

We went on that day and did some vacationing about 50 miles away at the Grand Canyon. To our surprise that night we could only find hotels that were horrible. We immediately drove back to Flagstaff to the open hospitality of the Holiday Inn Express.

We understand they are making this hotel even better with renovations this year. Wow after the renovations this hotel will be more than any traveler could ask for.

A Fantastic friendly hotel.

Thank you again for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Anthony and others at the front desk were great, upon check in. No complaints about service.

There was nothing really wrong with the place or the room. But, it wasn't as nice as the newer HIE. It's definitely an older place that has been fluffed up.

Lots of noise from Interstate 40. But, I used earplugs and a Lunesta...so, I slept.

In the bath room...you can the next door rooms conversations through the vent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear guyinlosangeles,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you liked our staff service. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night so we could see the Grand Canyons the following say. The South Rim is about 1.5 hours drive from here so ensure you plan your time well. The hotel was clean and the rooms were nice an spacious enough with a Dennys next door, which we had dinner at (must say it was a good dinner). Toiletries were good - shower cap, face wipes and Body Works shower/bath gel/ shampoo & body lotion. Breakfast was free, although it was mostly processed foods - even the omelette. We did however have a pancake machine so we could have fresh pancakes. Plenty of choices including porridge and a variety of drinks. Plenty of towels in the room with a massive bed and pillows. There was fridge and nice flat screen TV and great to have free Wi-Fi. I would really give it 3.5 stars.

p.s.// Grand Canyons trip is so worth it! You can drive and park and then walk or take the shuttle busses to the different points. The rate could be cheaper as there is nothing to see in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the main road and it was nice and quiet. We stayed on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Veronika78,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We are happy to see your compliments of your room accommodations. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your comments regarding breakfast and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of the breakfast service we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Check-in was a breeze, went up to the room (2 beds) and found the room to be VERY SMALL. OMG, there was barely room to walk between the foot of the bed and the dresser and TV. We've never stayed in a room that seemed this cramped. Didn't spend a whole lotta time in the room as we were there for a wedding, but still. About the 3rd or 4th day into our stay, it seemed like the maid would forget to empty the trash. It started to build up and it still went unemptied. At first, we thought it was just an oversight, but mentioning it to the front desk did nothing. Maybe it's like the sheets and towels? If you don't ask to have them changed, they don't? I thought trash was an everyday thing, I guess not here.
The hot tub was nice even though it was outside and the breakfast was outstanding. Even with the tiny room, we would go back here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Sergeant2057,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy to know that your check-in experience went smoothly and you found the breakfast served to be outstanding. However, I regret that the size of the room you were given was a disappointment.

We're looking forward to hosting you again in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,