“Family stay” 3 of 5 stars

Book Direct and Save
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Family stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Rooms look updated, new stone countertops, showers and floors.

Average room furnishings with a mini fridge included. Beds and pillows are firm but we slept comfortably.

Housekeeping got the big things right but we were greeted by a few surprises in hidden spots. There was trash hiding behind curtains in the corner of the rooms and behind the bed. Nothing stomach turning.

Lobby area, exterior are average, clean.

Pool area needs updating as the ceiling is discolored by moisture, but the pool and hot tub were functioning just fine.

Free breakfast was plentiful with variety.

Overall, our stay was acceptable and we were comfortable for our overnight on the way to the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Partywithrossco,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room amenities and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping and the pool. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Finnish first
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'd read the reviews of this hotel before we booked it and I decided that the good ones outweighed the bad ones. I was right! We had none of the hot water or climate control problems that were reported in other reviews. Yes, the room decor is a little outdated, but ours was quiet and comfortable. The hotel was very busy and the staff had no problem taking care of the large number of guests. I'd stay at the HI Express in Flagstaff again if I return to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Calabogie, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We planned a ski trip for a couple of days and decided on the Holiday Inn at Flagstaff. It is an older hotel but the room was clean and spacious, and had a great view of the mountain. The hot breakfast had many choices and plenty of fresh fruit as well. The staff was gracious and helpful, even got tips for good places to eat in town from the cleaning staff! Would stay here again, but I do wish they would not use "febreeze-like" products in hotels to freshen the rooms. I get a real runny nose from these products.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a quick jaunt up north to play in the snow with the kiddos. STELLAR customer service, really clean and quite place. Some reviews were on the negative side so I was apprehensive when I got here but had a terrific stay. Loved the pool area super cool set up. I was greeted as a rewards member and my family loved the place. Will be back for more fun!

Room Tip: Sleep on the freeway side, the trains are frequent in Flagstaff
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Took the family on a quick trip up north to play in the snow and was not disappointed. There were a few high school groups staying here so I expected loud hallways etc but I slept like a baby. The room was clean and spacious. My family was very happy with the accommodation since last week we stayed at a lower tiered hotel chain. I was greeted a Priority Club member and they gave us great customer service. Breakfast was less than stellar but I go to a hotel to sleep not eat. Denny's is across the parking lot and Flagstaff has so many great restaurants. I requested the freeway side of the hotel as I have stayed on the track side on some hotels and learned that trains are frequent in Flagstaff. The indoor outdoor pool was warm and next time I will take my trunks so I can sit in the hot tub after playing in the snow to warm up. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I are often staying in Holiday Inn / Holiday Inn Express Hotels. Usually the hotels of this group have a very good standard and value. This hotel I can't recommend. Although the room was clean the breakfast was okay there's nothing else good I can tell. It was noisy, because of the air con and the hotel is very clairaudient at all. That's why we had almost no sleep. The rooms seemed to me a bit old and they are small. The bed wasn't comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear AnjaLuisa,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day we were not able to meet your expectations especially with the condition of the bed accommodations received and noise levels experienced. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, many thanks for your review.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn during our travels. The rooms are clean with wifi, a fridge and a microwave. The complimentary breakfast add great value to your stay. Unfortunately the hotel only has 1 washer and 1 dryer and when we stayed the washing machine was out of order. Other than that, the holiday inn provides good service and has nice staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends