WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fun Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a quick jaunt up north to play in the snow with the kiddos. STELLAR customer service, really clean and quite place. Some reviews were on the negative side so I was apprehensive when I got here but had a terrific stay. Loved the pool area super cool set up. I was greeted as a rewards member and my family loved the place. Will be back for more fun!

Room Tip: Sleep on the freeway side, the trains are frequent in Flagstaff
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Took the family on a quick trip up north to play in the snow and was not disappointed. There were a few high school groups staying here so I expected loud hallways etc but I slept like a baby. The room was clean and spacious. My family was very happy with the accommodation since last week we stayed at a lower tiered hotel chain. I was greeted a Priority Club member and they gave us great customer service. Breakfast was less than stellar but I go to a hotel to sleep not eat. Denny's is across the parking lot and Flagstaff has so many great restaurants. I requested the freeway side of the hotel as I have stayed on the track side on some hotels and learned that trains are frequent in Flagstaff. The indoor outdoor pool was warm and next time I will take my trunks so I can sit in the hot tub after playing in the snow to warm up. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I are often staying in Holiday Inn / Holiday Inn Express Hotels. Usually the hotels of this group have a very good standard and value. This hotel I can't recommend. Although the room was clean the breakfast was okay there's nothing else good I can tell. It was noisy, because of the air con and the hotel is very clairaudient at all. That's why we had almost no sleep. The rooms seemed to me a bit old and they are small. The bed wasn't comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear AnjaLuisa,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day we were not able to meet your expectations especially with the condition of the bed accommodations received and noise levels experienced. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, many thanks for your review.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn during our travels. The rooms are clean with wifi, a fridge and a microwave. The complimentary breakfast add great value to your stay. Unfortunately the hotel only has 1 washer and 1 dryer and when we stayed the washing machine was out of order. Other than that, the holiday inn provides good service and has nice staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lakewood, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I think the key characteristics of a good hotel are nice rooms, a good breakfast, and friendly staff.

This hotel is your run-of-the-mill hotel. Our room was ok. It was clean but small. The night we stayed the boiler went out, so there was no hot water. I realize things happen, so my review isn't low just because of this event.

The breakfast was average. It did have hot items, including eggs and biscuits/gravy but both were terrible.

As for the staff, they were horrible. I could barely get the desk clerks attention to check-in when I walked into the lobby. The breakfast crew was cranky. When I checked-out, the woman was angry because I was down at the desk checking out when I should've received a rapid check-out under my door. Well, I didn't get one but she didn't seem to believe me.

One more thing, the pool was supposed to be heated. It was ice cold. My kids got in for 5 minutes and then decided they couldn't stand it any more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michele W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Michele W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for guest services.

I am truly sorry for the service provided by our staff failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations. This is definitely not a standard in our hotel as we always strive to provide the highest level of customer care. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any dissatisfaction this has caused you.

Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

All I can say is that Holiday Inn Express should be ashamed to allow this hotel to use their name. I pulled off highway 40 and needed a place to stay, when I noticed the Holiday Inn Express sign. I am a priority member and stay at HI and HI Express often.

I did not have time to check Trip Advisor, so I went on the belief that Holiday Inn would require their hotels to be up to a specific standard. When I checked in, I told Clint that I follow TripAdvisor and he said the hotel had terrific reviews.

I checked in and found the room to be extreamly outdated and shabby at best. The bed was hard like a board, the heater was so loud, you don't have to worry about hearing the people in the next room.

The hotel was busy and the line for breakfast was too long, so I went to Denny's for breakfast. I went back to the room to shower and only had cold water. I took a cold shower and went back down to the front desk to complain.

Guess who was there at the desk, Clint the same guy who checked me in. I told him that his hotel is not up to Holiday Inn standards, the shower was ice cold and the breakfast area is not big enough to service that size hotel.

He was nice when he checked me in, but when I complained, he just ignored me and more or less, laughed it off. I told him that I planned to write to Holiday Inn, because I was not happy, I did not receive a good nights sleep or a hot shower, he said I could, but there was nothing he could do. Funny thing is, they put a note in with the bill that reads, if you are not happy with your stay, please speak with the front desk, which I did, but that does no good.

Clint told me that the beds and furniture are from 2005 and they plan to buy new beds in November 2013, but that did not help me in December 2012. He also told me that the boiler was broken and everyone was complaining about not having hot water.

Not only was this the worst Holiday Inn experience that I have ever encountered, but the front desk staff is nice when you check in and could care less when you check out. Unless you like over paying for a room just because of the Holiday Inn Express name, stay away from this Holiday Inn Express and choose another Flagstaff hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff W
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our family of three stayed here for a weekend in December. We chose this hotel since it was close to the departure location for the North Pole Experience. The hotel is a little older, but it seemed well kept. The free breakfast was good (eggs, pancakes, yummy cinnamon rolls, etc.) and they had fresh-baked cookies daily. The rooms were clean, but we had a really hard time adjusting the heat temperature. It was either blowing too cool or too warm. The kids swam in the indoor/outdoor pool and had fun. It was a little chilly so they didn't last too long. It snowed while we were there. The parking lot and sidewalks were plowed and shoveled.

We ate next door at the Northern Pines restaurant a few times (good service and great food). It's conveniently located near downtown Flagstaff, which has a lot of good shops and restaurants as well. We took the kids sledding at a small hill down by the college. That was fun!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family