Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff
$165
Comfort Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$126
ComfortInn
Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$150
$135
$98
$85
Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
$156
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$134
$129
Highland Country Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$85
Hotwire.com
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$144
$127
Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotwire.com
All reviewscinnamon rollsgrand canyonsales managerroom was cleanpancake machinefree breakfastbottled waterthe breakfast areacracker barrelfront desk staffyogurtwould stay here againnice stayhot breakfasteasy accessup to dateconvenient location
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Really friendly welcome. A slightly older hotel which looks a little care worn in places but very friendly staff and the usual brilliant breakfast and a nice touch of free cookies in reception in the afternoon/evening.

Flagstaff is a lovely town, small and really friendly with a variety of excellent local shops and restaurants. Recommend visiting the tourist information centre at the train station to pick up free maps and for details of any special events etc.

Do not be tempted to visit the Denny’s just outside the front door of the hotel unless it has improved greatly since we were there. Our visit started with us eventually being shown to a dirty table, being left until we actually went to find someone to place our order and then waiting for our vaguely warm meal to be delivered. This appeared to be standard practice as several of the people around us were getting apologies from staff during the exceptionally long time we were in this ‘fast food’ restaurant.

1  Thank morlandmonk
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I read reviews of all the hotels we booked for a cross country trip and they were very mixed for this hotel. Some people complained about highway noise and some about train whistles. For that reason I had some reservations about staying here, BUT that was unwarranted. This hotel, like the other Holiday Inn Expresses we have been staying in, is very, very nice. The room isn't huge, but it is more than adequate for 2 people. It is clean and quiet. We had a room on the 5th floor in the front of the building and found no noises keeping us awake at night.

Their breakfast room is huge and the food was hot and tasty...a real treat before setting out to see the Grand Canyon. Plenty of choices and hot coffee - what more could you need?

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I suppose the higher up the room, the quieter it is.
1  Thank MBaillieul
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room was big enough to hand out it and quiet. It was clean and in a good location. The breakfast had what you would expect for continental plus hot food-eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage, and some awesome cinnamon rolls. There were also fresh baked cookies put out every couple of hours. Game room was disappointing, only a couple of old unknown video games in a closet. Indoor Outdoor pool is really cool and clean. Staff was also very helpful.

Room Tip: Stayed here two nights, during different parts of trip. Room 331 and 205 both were good.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stopped here for a few nights with a break in between as were touring the area and it is ideally located for the areas we were visiting, the first night when we were booking in we heard the receptionist very loudly tell a tour guide with his party behind him his credit card had been refused, (We personally found this very unprofessional for front of staff). this was the beginning of what was to be our worst stay in America touring Arizona.
After we had freshened up we grabbed a complimentary coffee and went to reception to ask for advise on where to eat and where we could have a drink, The receptionist was serving somebody and there was a couple behind him, I went to the edge of the counter to put my coffee cup down as the paper cup was hot (there wasn't the usual cardboard cup holders availiable to put round it) the receptionist quite rudely barked at me there was a que, I was no where near the Que at the time. when we were eventually seen to by another girl who was polite it was explained to us the hotel did not sell alcohol but there was a Denny's across the road and everything else was either up the road or down the road (not a patch on the staff at Scottsdale) but the petrol station across the road sold alcohol and just about everything else.
We asked at reception later in the evening if they had a corkscrew we could use to open a bottle of wine, they informed us they had lent there only corkscrew out to another guest the night before and hadn't returned it, this hotel must have several hundred rooms and only one corkscrew.
The hotel is well worn we used 2 different rooms during our stay both were very basic, and both were well worn you could see where the wall paper had been repaired over the years and the whole place just looked a bit scruffy.
The free WIFI was right next to reception which is a fairly busy noisy area. We were only able to find one washing machine in the whole hotel which was always in use.
Breakfast was a buffet style help yourself, the pancake maker didn't work on 2 of our 3 mornings, the ham was hard and tasteless and the omelette were warm but the cheese in the middle was cold (not a patch on what we has already experienced in Scottsdale).
The rooms were clean and the bed large and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side to the railway, trains are going all night and sound there horns regularly if you have ever heard an American train horn you will know why.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Spikethebeachbum,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am pleased that you liked our rooms and beds. We strive hard to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations and I am glad you were able to experience it during your stay.

I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the breakfast has caused you and regret the unacceptable service you received from our staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife & I stayed here one night. Before arrival, I spoke to Clint on the phone for a reservation. He was very kind and helpful. We were there for a family emergency and the staff was very accommodating. We arrived late, and left early, so I can only comment on our short stay. We requested the top floor and got it. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We liked the breakfast very much. It was well stocked with a good selection. My only tip would be to bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper, because the trains go by all night long. My wife did not notice the noise.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family