Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff
  • Pool
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewscinnamon rollsgrand canyonsales managerroom was cleanpancake machinefree breakfastbottled waterthe breakfast areacracker barrelfront desk staffyogurtwould stay here againnice stayhot breakfasteasy accessup to dateconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Room clean. Bed was hard and had a plastic like cover that made it very hot to sleep on. Lots of scuff marks on the walls and furniture. Staff was very helpful. Good central location. Nice breakfast area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

One of the biggest tests to customer service is how they handle things when they go wrong. I accidentally reserved a smoking room when I booked but am traveling with someone who has breathing problems. The front desk staff went out of their way to help me (on a sold out night) to fix the issue. It was not their mistake but they made it right.

The hotel is clean and nice. It is showing it's age in some areas but nothing that detracted from my stay. I would stay here again with no question.

One other note -- my window faces the train tracks. There is a "quiet zone" now on the tracks through Flagstaff. That means the trains no longer blow their whistles. I did not hear a single one even though I know they passed by.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We chose this hotel because of it's central location to some of the places we planned to visit during our trip. I have to say that my wife and I were very disappointed in the hotel. This is not up to the same standard as other Holiday Inn Express hotels. Aside from the included breakfast, the room was not clean. The carpet and sofa were old and stained. There were marks on the walls and it appears run down and old. The bed appears to be newer, however it was not very comfortable as compared to other hotels. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The hotel runs alongside the freeway, Make sure you know where your room is located if you need quiet. The lobby appears to have been updated and presents a nice impression, after that the rooms are very disappointing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We booked this room almost two weeks in advance and when we got there we wanted to pay in cash. The girl told us it was $120 MORE than what the website said. $100 was for "damages" and I guess they charge an extra $20 for holidays. Apparently they could take our cash and hold our card for damages, so the girl (Nikki) said she would put a note in the computer to hold our card, not charge us until we checked out and we could come pay cash. When we went down to pay they had already charged our card. Heather then told us our card had been charged when we reserved the room two weeks prior! Who does that! So I checked my account and it had been charged the day we checked in. Holiday in should put on their website that they charge for "damages". I understand I would get my money back, but we were on vacation did not budget for it. Stayed at a Comfort Inn after we checked out of here, it was nicer, cheaper and we didn't get charged for "damages." Will never stay in a Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Connie C
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The staff was very friendly!! They greeted me as Priority Club member and offered me snacks and water for my room. The rest was all downhill.

HIE or the owner of this hotel should be ashamed! This is one of the shabbiest establishments I have visited in years. I travel for business and pleasure about twice a month for 4-5 days at a time. I will never stay at this place again and I will have to think twice about HIE at other locations.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank capitolJC
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear capitolJC,

Thank you very much for being a Priority Club member and for writing us a review. I am very happy to know that you like the friendliness of our staff. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I would like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again on your future stays.

Anthony M