“Very good economy hotel”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I stayed at the Roadway Inn for 2 weeks on a business trip. The hotel was clean and in the location I needed. The staff were all very friendly and gave good service. Room was cleaned and there was free internet access; restaurant closeby.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ullascharboepedersen

Reviewed October 28, 2008

Great place to stay for the Price! For $49 a night(2 queen) you cant beat this deal. Average hotel for low price. The sounds of the train past midnight ran 2-3 times during the night. Not a big problem. Continental breakfast was toast and pastries with choice of coffee and juice.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank dcgunman
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I needed a place to stay in Flagstaff and the Rodeway was cheap. You get what you pay for ... it was acceptably clean, but the carpet was in bad condition (some carpet nails exposed) and the parking lot was messy with potholes. This place is fine if you are going bottom-dollar and aren't expecting much.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank booinla
Reviewed May 11, 2008

When my wife and I arrived at this motel we found out that the room we were assigned did not have any lightbulbs in the lamps. I had to personally go down to the registration desk and get three bulbs for all the lamps in the room.

The room was very sparse with no wall decorations and it was very out of date.

As we got into bed we of course removed the top bedspread and threw it on the floor in the corner only to realize that the acrylic blanket covering us was full of hair from people past. I had to make another trip down to the front desk to ask for new sheets and blankets. They informed me they would bring them to me. So I went back to the room and waited about 15 minutes before they brought new stuff which looked as if it was just cleaned for us.

Also, the main corridor doors were open all night which would be a safety issue and allow anyone to just walk into the place. Each end had it's own door.

All in all it was not very good...I would suggest finding a different place to stay although in Flagstaff your choices really are limited...

However if you do stay there check out the Country Host restaurant for breakfast right in front of the Rodeway Inn as it has some good hearty meals!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjmm626
Reviewed May 3, 2008

stayed 3 nites older hotel just off freeway. check in went well. booked a non smoking room. the rooms upfront by the desk are all nonsmoking. they were not ready so got one in another part of the building. this hallway had 1 side non the other side smoking so we smelled smoke in the hall and somewhat in the room. the first nite about 9pm they hooked a garden hose to hose bib just outside our room sounded like a train in the room . central heat in the building found out they had shut it off. 2nd nite they brought us a space heater it was 35 degrees outside. the sheets could have been cleaner blanket was torn replaced and was fine. people at the desk where good. dont think i would stay again for a few dollars more there are too many newer hotels in the area

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I were coming back to Colorado after buying a truck in San Diego and needed to stay the night in Flagstaff. Unfortunately it was Labor Day weekend, so the prices at all of the hotels were incredibly inflated. The Rodeway Inn was the least expensive hotel we called at "only" $145/night. When I called I asked if there was a pool, a hot tub, and a refrigerator in the room and was told yes. We reserved a smoking room on the 2nd floor with a balcony. We had been driving all day through the desert heat without A/C in 117 degree weather, so we were very ready to just relax.

When we arrived we were given our room key and I noticed that the hot tub was out of order - I asked why the booking agent had told us there was a hot tub but failed to mention that it was not serviceable - the response was "I have no control over that." We went up to our second floor room and opened the door - and found a man in the room who was in the midst of a very personal moment. Of course I slammed the door shut and was absolutely horrified. I could hear the man behind the door saying "it's okay sweetheart - I could use some company." We immediately went back downstairs and told the front desk about the situation. They said that they had some problems with a couple of guests not leaving and were unaware they were still in the room - when I asked why they hadn't checked to make sure they had left before giving the room to someone else, the front desk clerk just said that he didn't know (later I found out this was the manager). He then gave us another room - when we got to the room it was on the first floor - so we went back and got another 2nd floor room. That room was non-smoking so we had to go back an get a FOURTH room! This room appeared fine - it was smoking and on the 2nd floor. We got ready for dinner, but when I went to the bathroom and washed my hands, the sink was clogged and there were what looked like facial hairs in the sink. I figured that it would drain and be fine by the time we got back.

We went to dinner and returned around 10:30pm. When we got back to the room, the sink was still clogged and there was black gunk floating in it. We called down to the desk, explained the problem, and they told us they would have a maintenance man to us within 30 minutes. He arrived and took almost 45 minutes to unclog the drain the sounds of which were so nauseating and we had no place to go to get away from it since the hotel didn't have a bar and the hot tub was broken (but the maintenance man was very nice). He then had to go down and get us new towels and we had to walk on towels by the sink (which had carpets) because the floor was soaked.

When I went to check out the next morning I thought that considering the fact that we had such a horrible experience and had so many problems that were the hotel's fault, that we might receive some discount. The desk clerk who checked us out said that not only did we not get a discount, but there wasn't even a note on the account of the issues. When I asked to speak to the manager, the clerk said that he wasn't there but I could contact him and gave me his name - and that was how I found out that the clerk from the night before was the manager. I was furious. I had never had a hotel put us through so much grief and frustration and, quite frankly, disgusting situations and not even offer so much as an apology.

When I got home I contacted the Rodeway Inn head office and never received a response. It is inexcusable that a guest who is paying almost double the normal rate is treated this badly and put through this much grief and isn't worth the time of day for the head office.

I will never stay with this chain again and advise anyone else looking for a place to stay in Flagstaff to go with ANY other hotel than this one.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissDevColo
Reviewed February 20, 2008

For the most part this place was pretty nice. It would have been better if we had a 2nd story room because those even have balconies and some have a courtyard view looking over the pool. There was snow and it was very pretty. Lots of parking. Lots of rooms. Probably will be available when all others are not (our reason for staying- booked last minute the morning before arriving !!).

A bit run-down and the smell was overwhelming most places - just a musty and smoky smell. For a basic place to stay for a cheap price ($30-40) you can't beat that. Seemed to be great for families. If you are a picky traveler or want something romantic or anything like that of course you wouldn't like it. But for a nice, clean, safe, place to stay the night on the road this place was it. One thing I loved was that the internet access was free. You just connect to their wireless network. Awesome.

There did not seem to be any contintenal breakfast on-site, however they do have a restaurant and there is a Burger King adjacent to the parking lot.

Good location by gas, food, and pretty much right next to the freeway.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family