“Perfect stay. Accomodating, comfortable, clean, central location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Teaneck, New Jersey
“Perfect stay. Accomodating, comfortable, clean, central location”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Can't praise the staff enough. Luke and Aaron went out of their way to accomodate our needs. The hotel is first class with nice suites, clean, comfortable beds and expansive free breakfast and Starbucks coffee free and on tap all day long! Location is central but on a major thoroughfare. Don't be turned off by this. All theother local hotels appear to be on major roads too. This hotel is new and comfortable with great service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My family and I stayed up there in order to get away from the heat of Phoenix and check out Cardinals training camp. The rooms were nice, slightly smaller than other Embassy Suites I've stayed at but enough room for the 4 of us. The service was above and beyond any that I have had at other high end hotels. Location was nice. Free breakfast in the morning was very good as well, much better than your run of the mill continental. I would highly recommend this hotel and we plan to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The staff were super friendly and helpful. The hotel is being renovated in parts due to flood damage sustained earlier. Our room on the first floor had seen better days. The ceiling was stained as were the interior doors. The beds were comfortable but a little bouncy with 2 people in them. We happened to be there when the hotel was packed with Arizona Cardinal fans in town to watch their team at preseason training camp. It made the stay fun especially during the manager's happy hour in the evening. Also the free breakfasts were very good.

• Stayed August 2010
Redondo Beach
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This hotel has nice staff and the little bonuses expected from an Embassy Suites. The hotel is a little dated but you can tell that the staff have started doing what they can to run a tight ship in spite of the hotel's age. Given the extras (efficient and complimentary breakfast, complimentary drinks and a 2 room suite and a central location) this hotel is a great value. My previous trip here was not so great but they have turned it around from the staff perspective.

Winston-Salem,NC
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Just back and we had a great stay. Rooms are small but have the amenities. Awesome front desk staff, great evening reception with a super-friendly bartender(female),outstanding breakfast with a very funny cook and they had STARBUCKS COFFEE!!!!! Easy 10-15 minute walk to dozens of cool restaurants (Beaver Street Brewery rocked). Great work-out room and a decent pool/hot tub. It was very quiet and we slept great. We felt as if we were very welcomed at this Embassy Suites.Highly recommended if you are going to the Grand Canyon(easy 80 minute,scenic,drive).

1 Thank TheScanian
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Pros: Breakfast was good, location for sightseeing, friendly staff/service.

Cons: location (located on a very busy street next to N. Arizona U. and route 66), value (a bit pricey for what you get - although it was summer with alot of tourists), decor is... old and furniture has been used... alot (upgraded furniture and carpet alone would make this hotel a "4" rating), somewhat noisy (not from others being excessively loud, but the paper-thin walls and gap under the door), smaller than other Embassy Suites I've stayed in.

Overall, it appears as if Embassy Suites took over this hotel from a previous company. With needed upgrades, it would be at least a "4", but it has to be a "3" for now.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My husband and I went to this hotel for a weekend getaway from the Phoenix area. I secured the hotel through my Hilton Honors points so essentially it was free and initially I was happy to be staying at Embassy Suites as I have had a good experience with them in the past. However, this Embassy Suites in Flagstaff did not live up to my expectations. I'll start with the good: the front desk staff were friendly and check in was a breeze, the hotel is in a pretty good neighborhood and the air conditioning works wonderfully. That's about it! The bad: the managers "reception" was pretty bad in the evening; popcorn and pretzels and drinks, that's it! In other embassy suites the managers reception is similar to a happy hour at a bar- there are usually finger foods, nachos, ect. There was no one at the reception so that should tell you alot. Also, the hotel is old.. early 90's decor that really needs an update. Our room was small for Embassy Suites standards, the bed was old and all I can say is that it felt like I was sleeping on a weeble. Every time my husband moved the whole bed shook, the support was gone, the pillows were cheap. The room smelled old/muggy/smokey/like a dog? I don't know.. it just smelled weird. I had high hopes for the breakfast in the morning which as I said before, usually embassy suites does not dissapoint in this area. I knew I was in trouble when the omelett cook barked for our orders and was rude to a man with his little girl in front of us. I felt stressed out just ordering my omelett. The hash browns were old, the sausages cold, the tables in the dining room were rickety, the silverware looks like it came from the $.99 store, tables weren't cleared off by wait staff, the coffee tasted cheap, the fruit selection was horrible and the pastries were old and hard. What the heck? Anyways, I would NOT recommend this hotel at all.. it was not up to Embasssy Suites or Hilton standards in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple