“The staff were super friendly and...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Rochester, NY
“The staff were super friendly and...”
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The staff were super friendly and helpful. The hotel is being renovated in parts due to flood damage sustained earlier. Our room on the first floor had seen better days. The ceiling was stained as were the interior doors. The beds were comfortable but a little bouncy with 2 people in them. We happened to be there when the hotel was packed with Arizona Cardinal fans in town to watch their team at preseason training camp. It made the stay fun especially during the manager's happy hour in the evening. Also the free breakfasts were very good.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Redondo Beach
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This hotel has nice staff and the little bonuses expected from an Embassy Suites. The hotel is a little dated but you can tell that the staff have started doing what they can to run a tight ship in spite of the hotel's age. Given the extras (efficient and complimentary breakfast, complimentary drinks and a 2 room suite and a central location) this hotel is a great value. My previous trip here was not so great but they have turned it around from the staff perspective.

Winston-Salem,NC
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Just back and we had a great stay. Rooms are small but have the amenities. Awesome front desk staff, great evening reception with a super-friendly bartender(female),outstanding breakfast with a very funny cook and they had STARBUCKS COFFEE!!!!! Easy 10-15 minute walk to dozens of cool restaurants (Beaver Street Brewery rocked). Great work-out room and a decent pool/hot tub. It was very quiet and we slept great. We felt as if we were very welcomed at this Embassy Suites.Highly recommended if you are going to the Grand Canyon(easy 80 minute,scenic,drive).

1 Thank TheScanian
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Pros: Breakfast was good, location for sightseeing, friendly staff/service.

Cons: location (located on a very busy street next to N. Arizona U. and route 66), value (a bit pricey for what you get - although it was summer with alot of tourists), decor is... old and furniture has been used... alot (upgraded furniture and carpet alone would make this hotel a "4" rating), somewhat noisy (not from others being excessively loud, but the paper-thin walls and gap under the door), smaller than other Embassy Suites I've stayed in.

Overall, it appears as if Embassy Suites took over this hotel from a previous company. With needed upgrades, it would be at least a "4", but it has to be a "3" for now.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My husband and I went to this hotel for a weekend getaway from the Phoenix area. I secured the hotel through my Hilton Honors points so essentially it was free and initially I was happy to be staying at Embassy Suites as I have had a good experience with them in the past. However, this Embassy Suites in Flagstaff did not live up to my expectations. I'll start with the good: the front desk staff were friendly and check in was a breeze, the hotel is in a pretty good neighborhood and the air conditioning works wonderfully. That's about it! The bad: the managers "reception" was pretty bad in the evening; popcorn and pretzels and drinks, that's it! In other embassy suites the managers reception is similar to a happy hour at a bar- there are usually finger foods, nachos, ect. There was no one at the reception so that should tell you alot. Also, the hotel is old.. early 90's decor that really needs an update. Our room was small for Embassy Suites standards, the bed was old and all I can say is that it felt like I was sleeping on a weeble. Every time my husband moved the whole bed shook, the support was gone, the pillows were cheap. The room smelled old/muggy/smokey/like a dog? I don't know.. it just smelled weird. I had high hopes for the breakfast in the morning which as I said before, usually embassy suites does not dissapoint in this area. I knew I was in trouble when the omelett cook barked for our orders and was rude to a man with his little girl in front of us. I felt stressed out just ordering my omelett. The hash browns were old, the sausages cold, the tables in the dining room were rickety, the silverware looks like it came from the $.99 store, tables weren't cleared off by wait staff, the coffee tasted cheap, the fruit selection was horrible and the pastries were old and hard. What the heck? Anyways, I would NOT recommend this hotel at all.. it was not up to Embasssy Suites or Hilton standards in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vienna, VA
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed here three nights with two boys, 17 and 14. The pullout sofa was comfortable for our older teen and the two beds were very comfortable and quiet. The free breakfast and evening reception were great and helped us get off to a great start and wind down each day. The check-in staff was very helpful pointing out good attractions on an area map, and provided a list of recommended restaurants in Flagstaff. Their advice turned out to be very good. Service was consistently caring. For instance, when our dryer in the small hotel laundromat was not working properly, they refunded our money, took our clothes and dried them in the hotel's laundry. The location is great, and our kids were quite satisfied with the pool for some quick dips.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed June 15, 2010

This is the third time we've stayed at this ES. We were here for my daughter's orientation at NAU. When she was with us we stayed here and then moved to the Garden Inn when she stayed on campus. Our room was not ready when we arrived, so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite, as I said, great service. There were extra shampoos in the rooms which I was going to ask for, but was glad they thought of it. Host at the reception was very friendly and efficient, and the cook at breakfast friendly and efficient as well. The whole breakfast staff was attentive. Large and clean fitness center. The tables in the rooms are definitely showing their age, the rooms are probably overdue for a renovation. Also found some trash behind bathroom door that was missed. This is a solid hotel that I will visit again when travelling with my kids because the staff is making it work.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family