“Comfortable and Close to NAU Campus”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed March 2, 2007

Stayed here for two nights Feb 22-23 while exploring the NAU campus with my daughter who will be attending college there next year. The hotel property is a little tired and could use some revamping, but the overall stay was pretty nice. The breakfast is very good, we had no trouble with crowds as some have mentioned (they have an overflow seating area, which may be something new to alleviate the peak crowds). Also, we never heard any train noise as others have mentioned. We did have trouble getting minor maintenance issues taken care of, which could be a problem for some.

I will be staying here on future visits, as it appears to be one of the few modern, upgraded places to stay in Flagstaff near the campus.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank zzzzz28
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff

Reviewed March 1, 2007

We stayed for two nights in February. This is an excellent hotel for visiting the Grand Canyon (use the east entrance) and is close to town. Noisy trains were not a problem.

For under $100 a night this is an excellent deal, given that it is a two-room suite with two televisions. I would say that the beds are a little soft but otherwise no complaints at all.

The cooked to order breakfast is excellent and the friendly staff regularly checked to make sure everything was OK. We appreciated the front desk letting us know that the 89A was closed to Sedona so we weren't disappointed when we saw the scenic route south was cut off due to construction.

I would definitely recommend the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff as a central choice for visiting the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert and other local sites.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank liplord
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Staff was friendly and professional upon check in. As a diamond member, I felt treated like a VIP, received an upgraded room ... a personal note from the general manager in my room. Made me feel like they cared for my business. Breakfast made to order was clean and fresh (and free). Rooms were very clean and kept! Evening happy hour had warm receptive feeling -- wish I could have stayed a few more days.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank TackSoCal
Reviewed January 22, 2007

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times, always at a regular rate (no Priceline or Hotwire, which is my usual). I am a Hilton Honors Silver, so I might get a benefit from that, but every stay has been a solid, predictably pleasant experience. Comfortable, spacious rooms. Clean. Helpful, friendly and eager staff. The happy hour is fine. The breakfast is fresh, tasty and cooked to order as in every Embassy Suites. This last time I was just traveling through, was tired and the snow began falling heavily. There was no way I wanted to go out. A little well priced room service delivered to the bar, a free drink and I was ready for my very comfortable bed. I enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank Tom B
Reviewed January 6, 2007

We stayed in the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff for five nights between Christmas and New Year's. For the price we paid for the suites, I expected more and for the first time I actually filled out a comment card and gave it to the front desk because I was so displeased with a few aspects of the stay. Overall, the hotel is fine. I probably wouldn't stay here again, but it wasn't awful. We actually didn't hear the trains at night, so that wasn't a problem.
Some of the issues I had:
1. The pillows are TERRIBLE and the beds aren't great.
2. The bathroom fixtures were in poor working order (the sink was hard to turn off, the shower curtain was half hanging off the wall)
3. Internet cost $10/day
4. The first day we went to the continental breakfast after 8:30am and it was really busy and crowded and there was a long line and the food is poorly laid-out. The hostesses were slow to clean up the tables and there were no more bowls or utensils left and it was hard to track down someone to help us. When we went to the breakfast earlier in the morning it was fine.
5. The rooms were kind of dark and the lights didn't do much to brighten them up.
6. The card reader on an outside door where we parked was in poor working order and could take many tries to finally read the card right so we could enter the building. This was frustrating in the cold!

The hotel is in a good location, has nice-sized rooms, a happy hour, and was clean.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank aguafresca
Reviewed January 2, 2007

You can't beat the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff. We had a few minor issues, but overall we were VERY satisfied. Our stay was for 4 days during Thanksgiving week. Prior to our trip we read up on hotels in Flagstaff on TripAdvisor. We read about the trains and the noise - it s 100% true. However, one you drive around the area you realize that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a hotel in Flagstaff not near the train line - a train went through pretty much hourly during the night. We did ask the front desk for some disposable earplugs, they did not have any to offer (Bring your own!). The rooms were clean, and roomy, we had a king suite. The bed was comfy and towels were reasonable. The internet connection was not working in our room, or any of the other 3 rooms of guests we were traveling with. This was a MAJOR setback as we were traveling on business - this was the most unfortunate part of our experience at the hotel, because no one could fix it. The breakfast bar and happy hour are excellent - always wonderful at any ES. Flagstaff isn't the ritziest place and as far as hotels go, we had it good at the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff. Oh, and just up the street is an italian joint called Stromboli's - outstanding meals!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank 5o'clockYet?
Reviewed December 21, 2006

We stayed at this hotel and found it very charming, the staff friendly, and the food terrific! The happy hour with free drinks and popcorn was very festive and everyone was mingling with others and we had a great time. The cook-to-order breakfast in the morning is delicious and very organized. The room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple