“Immerse Yourself in Flagstaff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed February 10, 2014

After reading the reviews, I had second thoughts about this hotel. I'M GLAD I STAYED HERE. THIS IS A GREAT HOTEL. I stayed 4 days, and found the front desk staff very helpful, kind, and knowledgeable. I found the hotel smaller than an "average" Embassy Suites; however, the hotel fits the location. It IS remodeled inside. The lobby is clean and nice, and we saw people replacing pictures in the halls, so they are keeping up with renovations. The fitness center was much better than the photos showed. They have complimentary headsets and towels, PreCor machines, free weights, medicine balls, etc. View my updated photos. Our room was VERY CLEAN & SPACIOUS. We had a Double Executive Suite, really felt worth the money spent.

Room Tip: Double Executive Level Suite is worth money for extra space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your candid review of your recent stay with us. It is because of guests like you that we can spread the word about all the magnificent strides we have taken in our quest for exceeding expectations.

Thank you for posting your pictures and allowing other future guests to see our beautiful hotel. We look forward to your return visit.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay as enjoyable as this one.

Yours in Hospitality,

Embassy Suites Flagstaff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The rooms were a bit worn, but the staff was pleasant and lobby was nice. Great heavy window coverings. Beds were comfortable. Not the cleanest, but comfortable. Time for a remodel. Walking distance to restaurants and NAU's campus.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. We are continually striving to improve our service and our product. Your feedback helps make this happen.

We appreciate your time and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Amy and her entire staff are amazingly attentive and courteous. Every member of the staff from top to bottom, I encountered treated me with respect, courtesy and exhibited the friendliness Flagstaff is known for. I happened to spend a VERY magic evening watching the Winter Olympic opening ceremonies in the grand room of the hotel, with cold wintry snow outside and a roaring fireplace and manager's reception to keep me warm. The drinks and bartender were wonderful. And the snacks provided delicious. The room was warm and cozy. I almost felt like a kid on Christmas night, as I curled up in the comfortable bed and gazed out the windows at the snow on the roof and icy branches on the trees. I had to leave early the next day, but enjoyed my hot breakfast made to order; again everything was perfect and there were many choices. I thought this Flagstaff location had much more breakfast choices than my Embassy Suites stay a few years back in Dorado, PR. I'm home now in Burbank, and find myself dreaming of sitting in that impeccably comfortable and cozy hotel next to the fire while the snow falls. As you can tell, we have had too many 85 degree days all winter-long here and the escape to the Lodge/Chalet of the Flagstaff Embassy Suites was just what I needed. I know I will be back!

1  Thank WesternTraveler14

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your recent stay with us. Your experience is what we strive for each and every day with the help of our entire team. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team and we look forward to your return visit.

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are Hilton Gold members approaching Diamond status, so we've stayed at a lot of Hilton's over the years. This wasn't the worst but it's bottom 10.

To start with, after check in we drove around back to park. The entrance on the back has a sign to "lift the handle" when trying to enter. We followed the instructions but couldn't get the door to open. However, what upset us most was a housekeeper standing on the other side of the door, literally 3 feet away, too busy talking on her cell phone to let us in. A fellow guest walking by noticed us struggling and let us in.

Once we got into our room, I got into the bed to relax after our long drive, only for my husband to point out that the bedding was covered in black hair. And when I say covered, I mean it was if a black dog who was shedding had slept in our bed before we got there.

I agree with other guests that the rooms are tiny. After you rearrange the furniture to pull the sofa bed out, there is hardly any space to walk around and barely anywhere to put luggage. Good thing we only have overnight bags. And the walls are so thin that walking in the hallway you can hear entire conversations inside rooms.

On the bright side the staff is wonderful, attentive & professional. Hilton needs to invest some serious money into this place if they want to continue charging what they're charging. Until then, we won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Alisa H

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action. I did review our reports from this past weekend and have found no reports of such complaints.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Hotel was very nice. Staff was nice and helpful. Hotel was being re-wall papered during my stay so the 1st floor was under construction. Nice updates. Reception was enjoyable and the breakfast options were terrific.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to your return visit.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Older motel, but undergoing renovation. Breakfast and Happy Hour were the best part of trip. Too expensive for an older motel. Layout of room was good. Coffee pot ran way too slow. Ok, but would look at other motels for a more moden room.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your time and know that you have plenty of options for hotel rooms in the Flagstaff area.

We pride ourselves on being a more rustic lodge type hotel venue and I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations.

We only hope to earn another chance at your business in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

First time at an Embassy Suites Hotel, and a nice experience. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, the desk clerk knew about almost every restaurant in town. The room was clean and met our needs very well. Best part of the stay was breakfast, had all the normal stuff and a cook to order menu, I had pancakes and bacon my wife had an omelet. Could not have done better at a restaurant. Will stay here the next time the need arises to stay in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to having you as our guests again soon.