“DISGUSTING!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Run and run fast!!! This hotel should not have the Embassy Suites name. I think that is the only way they are getting people to stay there. The hotel is very run down, musty and smells of smoke. The rooms are beat up looking as well but that is not the worst part. I went down to the breakfast to grab food for my kids and the tables were crawling with DOZENS of ants, it was so disgusting. They were all over everything and yes I mean including the food. Their little clear cabinets the hold bread, bagels and pasteries was covered with them. I have tried taking up this issues with their manager as soon as we returned home and she just acts likes it is my problem. I could not get out of this place soon enough. I would have taken it up with the manger then but I had three hungry little kids that wanted to go it and I just wanted to get out of there. I contacted the hotel as soon as I returned home (within one week) It is definitly not a customer first hotel, I am just appalled at the way their manager has treated me. My kids even asked me why were staying in a hotel "like this". This is not the upper end hotel as described. I would keep looking you can find far nicer ones in the area. Keep driving you will be glad you did!!! Hope this helps someone!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank threeakprincesses
Write a ReviewReviews (1,542)

Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Embassy Suites in Flagstaff have staff that are the epitome of costumer device oriented! From the front desk, to the cleaning staff, the maintenance people & the chefs at the free made-to-order breakfast! Location is great & the rooms are awesome!

Would not stay anywhere else in Flagstaff!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank ParaSport
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

All of us at Embassy Suites Flagstaff would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We pride ourselves in great Customer Service and though it may sound like a cliche we live it everyday.

thanks again

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Really enjoyed the hotel. The place was clean and pleasant. The bedroom was small with a king bed sort of crammed in, but it worked OK. Oddly, the rooms were dark. Not enough light put out by the lamps/fixtures. I think that might have been caused by the compact fluorescent bulbs throughout which simply didn't offer enough light to take away the "really dark" feeling. Breakfast was great one day, but only so-so the next. The "manager's Hour" in the evening was great with an awesome gal behind the bar. She even remembered our drinks from the previous night. Traffic on the street in front of the hotel was extremely heavy. This made entry/exit from the property pretty exciting. Overall, I'd still return to this hotel - the minor gripes are more quibbles than problems. But fixing the light levels in the rooms would really make it a nicer experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Embassy Suites are a bit of a go-to brand for me. They offer a consistent product and once again I have not been dissapointed.

I spent seven nights here in two stays just recently and was very happy with both stays.

The style of this hotel is more "lodge like" compared to the usual Embassy Suites building formula. It is attractively decorated in a clearly Arizona style. The lobby is very warm and welcoming.

The rooms are of a suite style with a bedroom, bathroom and lounge room floor plan. Fridge and microwaves are provided in each room. The rooms were clean and tidy and very comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast was very good. The manager's reception (aka "Happy Hour") was good though the bar area is a little small. Many guests ended up in the lobby with their drinks, or in the breakfast area. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and made you feel very welcome.

The hotel is well situated for activities in the Flagstaff area like the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and other attractions.

Happily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good but better to ask for a room on level two or three to avoid ground floor tra...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DanC-in-USA
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Excellent accommodations - courteous staff - McKenzie was most helpful in making sure a wheelchair was delivered to our room, and even better when we were told we could take it off premises while touring all the wonderful places in AZ.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nilda R
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Room was clean & comfortable, but dark, not enough lighting. Cook to order breakfast omelet was the best iteam for breakfast. Hot tea, hot cocoa & coffee available 24 hours. Excercise room is really nice, all of the equipment look new! It is well stocked with towels, water & headphones.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank C C
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent stay at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. It is our goal to make every guest stay great. We take seriously the points you mentioned where we can improve and they have been addressed. It is only when guests share our shortcomings in a constructive way that we can improve and we appreciate it.

Next time you come to visit you'll see some changes.

Thanks again.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great manager's reception nightly. The rooms are not brand new, but they are in good repair. Walking distance from about anywhere you want to be. If you want to take a 5 dollar cab ride, you can do that to. Breakfast is good. Always had a nice stay there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business