“Took Care of Me”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I used Embassy Suites Flagstaff as a pit stop before flying out of Flagstaff the Flagstaff Airport early in the morning. I needed to be at the airport at 5:30 AM, before breakfast started at the Embassy Suites.

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and understanding. They allowed me to take any food and drink items I needed from their snack bar/ gift shop area for free before I left for my flight.

The lobby was decorated nicely, and appropriately for a hotel in Falgstaff. Native artwork were hung on the walls and sculptures were displayed. I wish I had time to stay longer to see the rest of the hotel.

As for the room, even though I came into a room with the radio playing, and the faint smell of humidity, the bed was really comfortable, the soaps and shampoo provided were Olive oil, Avocado & Basil by Crabtree & Evelyn, it had very subtle smell, and was truly moisturizing. (The humid smell and noisy radio was the reason this review was a 4 instead of 5.)

The bedroom was separated from the living room by a door, which would be great for guests who come with families. Basic amenities such as coffee, tea, a refrigerator were provided.

Overall, what impressed me most was the great customer service. I will definitely use Embassy Suites Flagstaff again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cral7616us
Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Olthis ES is old noisy and poor customer service to boot. Just tried booking the Drury but no luck. Drove past it on the way here and it, the Drury, looks great.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank savardi
Reviewed July 27, 2011

One of the older Embassy Suites that I've stayed in. Rooms were small. Alot of restaurants nearby. Hotel could use a makeover.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pinoy123
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I am a business traveler who logs 150 nights per year and has been regular customer at this property since before Hilton purchased it and turned it into an Embassy Suites.
It is like watching an old friend die from CANCER to see the significant decline in customer service and poor condition of the property. My family and friends have stayed at this Embassy Suites for over 15 years and have had many good memories at this place.
The manager's reception and free breakfast used to be a decent value: NOT now compared to other suite hotels that give more with better quality for less money. The rooms used to be fresh with clean carpets: NOT now, broken furniture in the last two rooms I stayed in, broken TV and remotes with dead battery's, and just plain dirty. There are newer cleaner properties within walking distance.
Finally, there where pleasant staff at the front desk. However, the Director of Sales and the Head of Housekeeping both lacked maturity and professionalism, exhibiting a bad attitude with multiple issues over our last few stays. Serious problems for this property.
On a good note: We found another/different/newer property that is less expense with exceptional customer service for our frequent trips to Flagstaff.
Pros: Free breakfast, Close restaurants, location
Cons: Noisy, leadership immature - poor customer service, old run down property, poor value

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank OnTheRoad52Weeks
Reviewed July 26, 2011

As part of our 3 week tour of USA we stayed in the above from 19 to 22 July 2011. Having stayed in various hotels in NYC, Niagra,Orlando myself and family rate this as the best in our journey. The room was spacious, excellent location, friendly staff in front desk, B/fast area, room service etc. we stayed in room 336 and had an scenic view of the mountains and the frequent goods train passing. The complimentary breakfast was hearty and filling . my son enjoyed the various types of omelletes served from the live counter. the hotel is located in an ideal place close to walmart, safeway, baskin robbins. even had a couple of Indian restaurants nearby to satisfy our appetite. Only draw back I can say is the absence of safe locker in the room and they have provision for this in the front desk. The taxi from airport will cost around $10. I recommend this to any family travelling to see Grand Canyon..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank murali r
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We like to stay at Embassy Suites because it's usually a great value. Free hot breakfast for a family of four and a suite enables us to spread out. This room, not so much. The room felt like it was on the small size. Yes, it's a suite so there was a living room and a bedroom, but we had nowhere to put our luggage in the bedroom except a low counter that was not deep enough to put our large suitcase on. We ended up using a chair to prop up the end that was hanging off the counter. There were two t.v.'s in the room but one of them had a reception problem (or something wrong) and there were wavy lines across the screen. A positive for us is that the sink is outside of the bathroom so we're not crowded in there in the mornings, but that makes the bathroom tiny. It bothers me that if the bathroom door opened while you are on the toilet, it would whack your knees. I must make sure to compliment the breakfast cook though, he was very friendly and courteous for being the busiest person in the whole hotel those 3 hours. Our stay was just average, but that's mainly because we felt the room was too small.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Great hotel and wonderful staff!!!! A must stay when seeing the sights in Northern Arizona

• Stayed: July 2011