“Friendly staff, adequate rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort inn Lucky lane

Comfort inn Lucky lane
Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Friendly staff, adequate rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

Stayed on the way to the Grand Canyon. The staff was very helpful. Older hotel, the rooms were kept OK, but the beds were awful. Wallpaper was peeling off the wall, but all in all it was a good cheap place to stay the night.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

...stayed here quite a bit over the last 2 to 3 years, but never again.

I have always been very pleased with the facility, but alas, something happened. I'm sure that the Manager will get on here and disagree with everything that's written because it appears that is what he likes to do.

One of his rebuttals was that all the furniture had been replaced this year... NOT! The room we stayed in had a chair that had stains all over it. So wrong on that one.

Management is rude and not helpful anymore. Didn't want to restock the continental breakfast - asked me what it needed??? No since I don't work there, I wouldn't know what it needed.

The story gets worse, but I will not even explain the lousy treatment I received. Unfortunately, by doing that, they lost a good customer...

Choice is also being advised of this. Maybe they'll do something - send out their CEO undercover again, lol. Since he appears to care so much prehaps he will rethink this hotel...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Gainesville, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We were traveling across the county and stopped in Flagstaff to see the Grand Canyon. The hotels were full in the area so we decided to stop here since it was a Choice hotel. This hotel is an embarrassment to the chain.

The pool was disgusting. it appeared to be a pond rather than the pool. My children were very disappointed that they could not swim, but I did not want to rush them to hospital with some kind of infection. The staff does not take care of the hotel. Example: There was a sign that children with diapers or swim diapers could not enter, but a guest inquired about her daughter and the front desk said sure she can swim.

The rooms were okay, but marginally. I almost made everyone wear their clothes to bed. Well, I thought at least we get breakfast…. It turned out to be more of toast and bagels than an actual breakfast.

I also had problems checking out. I had to find the front desk person in order to get my statement. I found him in the “pool” area draining the Jacuzzi. At this point, I felt 100% sure that not letting my children in the pool area was the right decision.

I would never recommend this hotel or stay in it again. If you are not able to get a hotel in the area, just keep driving!!! This is the worst hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
flagstaffeconolodge, Owner at Comfort inn Lucky lane, responded to this review, September 6, 2010
The pool had a high school group which check in the night before. They had jumped in the pool with clothing which released dyes when reacted to the chlorine. Its a chemical reaction to hotel guests not wearing proper swimming attire. We had no choice but to drain and empty the pool and spa area. We do also keep daily logs of PH level and Chlorine and have a automated system to test an adjust accordingly. The rooms all have new furniture and fixtures these are all standard packages implemented by CHOICE HOTELS. The breakfast consists of waffles, two types of cereal, fruits and pastries. Considering the morning employee called in sick, I was multi-tasking the pool and front desk, sorry I couldn't be at your need immediately.
Pine, Az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We were very disappointed in this hotel. To be polite we started calling it shabby chic because it has that rundown look. From the outside it doesnt look bad but inside you can see it has been let go. As a choice hotels member we stay at many different hotels but this certainly wasnt up to the standard we expect and really shouldnt even be part of the choice hotels program. Our friends room was so bad they had to be moved to one of the less shabby c hic rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
We just upgraded all our furniture and fixtures as well as televisions. What exactly did you find "shabby".
Alamogordo, NM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We checked in here after staying several days at another hotel in the area for a family emergency. We were to have a reduced rate since we were staying to be close to the hospital for a family member. Upon arriving the lobby looked cleaned, the breakfast area was small as well as the pool area. We were also given the rate of 89.00, upon arriving to the room, it was bigger and looked clean, except for the carpet. There was a dispensing soap container in the shower, like the ones used in public restrooms, and the hair dryer looked like it was from the 70's. My husband had decided that we should go back to the other hotel we just left, because they offered more amenities, better breakfast, bigger pool, up to date fixtures and cost lower for a family staying to be close to the hospital. They kept 35.00 dollars of our 89.00 dollars.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank treecorn
The carpets will be changed in 2011. We installed new carpet in 2008, high traffic areas tend to get worn quicker. We do also shampoo all our rooms on a monthly basis. The soap dispensing container is quite common, the hotel brand standards are implementing there requirements. The hair dryers are also purchased from their endorsed vendors were purchased in 2007. You got majority of your money back that should have resolved the problem, the $35 is just the break even point to operate and pay bills.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Needed a last minute place to stya, called 10 other places and got the best deal here. Very quiet,clean, and comfortable rooms. A very basic room and breakfast but it was just what we needed to get refreshed before heading to the Grand Canyon. A fantastic value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

...have stayed here at least 3 or 4 times in the last year and a half. I am never disappointed.

The staff members and owner are always very polite, helpful, and customer service orientated. They recognize me everytime - I am a Choice Gold member for point, and they knew this - gave me a "Choice Gold" room...

The room was nice - the bed was to die for...in both rooms that we rented... The pool is small, but it is very nice - the grand children really enjoyed themselves.

the breakfast is very nice, good choices, and on the weekends it is open unitl 10:00 am which is nice.

I highly recommend this hotel for any stayin in Flafstaff. I don't know how some of these reviews can be bad - never, ever had a problem here, and that's why I keep coming back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family