“Not the Best Choice for Me.”

Days Inn Flagstaff I-40
Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not the Best Choice for Me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I arrive here from the Great Canyon late at night. I was expecting just to get some sleep and depart early morning in this Route 66 Motel.

The reality was that it wasnt a pleasant stay. The best of my stay was the check in staff that were very friendly and helpful but the rest was not good. The rooms are very old and the beds are well used beyond the comfortable point. The A/C wasnt working properly so it was quite a hassle.

The worst was with the breakfast and the staff working there. We arrive 10 minutes before 9 and they already shut down the breakfast area and kick us out in a rude way. I decided not to make a big deal and walk away. After all, I was on holidays.

They were a lot of hotels around with the same fares so next times I would put an extra buck to go to a Best Western or a Ramada for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

My stay here was the last night of a week-long trip where I knew I'd be arriving in late evening, grabbing something to eat, and then waking up early to catch a 7:00 AM flight. All I wanted was a bed close to the airport.

I initially booked a room at a more expensive hotel which offered a free full breakfast and shuttle service to and from the airport. Just prior to my trip, common sense kicked in and I figured I had better things to spend $100 on so I cancelled the original booking and booked a night here.

First, I paid a whopping $54 for the room (over $100 less than the more upscale hotels) and in today's world that's pretty darn cheap. So what do you expect to get for that much? Going into this with low expectations, I was actually pleasantly surprised. The manager up front was quick to help me with a taxi for the morning (they didn't have an airport shuttle and it's about $10 taxi fare each way). The room was spartan but clean. The TV worked and it had a small refrigerator and microwave - neither of which I needed.

Across the road was a strip mall with several restaurants which worked for me. Breakfast in the morning wasn't ready as I left before 6:00 AM.

Normally I look for a more upscale hotel but in these circumstances the Day's Inn offered what I needed - a clean bed for a 7 hour stay.

Room Tip: Keep an eye on the price. I originally booked at $64 but two days later it was available for $54.