“great location”

Days Inn Flagstaff I-40
Ranked #32 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stay here 3-4 times a year visiting NAU, this property is located in woodland villiage, close enough to the center of town but far from the trains. Staff is always very friendly and check-in is easy. Inside hallways are a big plus in winter, and heater in room works well. The rooms have been recently updated, so interior is nice and clean, could use more lighting in room as it is quite dark even with all lights on. Free wifi and breakfast (never woke up early enough for breakfast though)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Flagstaff I-40

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We planned our trip to the Grand Canyon well in advance and we knew our trip would involved one short overnight in Flagstaff. We were able to secure a room with two double beds at the Days Inn I-40 for a great price of $35, using an online coupon code and booking directly with the hotel's own website.

For $35, this was a great deal. The room was clean and comfortable. The good thing about the dull, 1960-1970's style hotels is that the rooms are not tiny and cramped and there was enough room to move around and spread out our stuff. The decor was the traditional, bland, somewhat outdated, but none of this bothered us. The bedspread was the usual multiflowered, nylon number you find in most hotels, but the matress was comfortable and the sheets were clean. The bathroom towels were clean and fresh, though not particularily large or plush.

There was plenty of free parking around the hotel and the general area seemed quiet at night - we had no problem falling asleep. The free wi-fi was a bit slow, the room TV worked well, and the external doors and room doors used a key card.

Breakfast in the morning consisted of a breakfast bar with coffee, tea, juice, milk, and hot chocolate. There were 2-3 cereals, 2-3 fruits like apples and oranges, packages of Quaker instant oatmeal, yogurt, a toaster station with white and wholewheat bread and a selection of white carb pastries, donuts, and muffins. There was also a microwave and we saw one guest bring her own dish of eggs to cook in the microwave. None of the breakfast items were fancy but we were able to have a filling, healthy breakfast.

We had very little interactions with the staff, but our check in and out both went smoothly. I would highly recommend this location if you are passing through Flagstaff or on route to the Grand Canyon. The location is short on charms but high on convenience, and if you can get a great deal with some internet codes, go for it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

OK, so I've used Trip Advisor to help ME plan my vacations and such, so I really feel compelled to tell you about the deal we got when we went to the Grand Canyon in April 2011. I searched and searched for hotels that would be inexpensive, but decent. I found that Days Inn off the I-40 in Flagstaff was the one. For $34.00 we got a really nice, clean, quiet room AND an excellent breakfast. It wasn't just danishes and coffee in the lobby...no... There were different kinds of cereal to choose from, OJ, Applejuice, you could make your own waffles, there were different breads to toast. It was really yummy. My BF is a very picky eater, especially for breakfast and he was completely satisfied with what was offered. And for the price...it was a steal! Now, granted, when we planned to go back the first week of September, the price had jumped to $99.00, which we passed on. So if you're going to be in the vicinity, just check out the price and see where it's at. If it seems reasonable to you, I would suggest you take it. We had a really nice time there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel deserves a 5-star rating. The check-in process was quick and rooms were well kept, spacious and quiet. The hotel staff were very professional and attentive to everyone's needs. Just off the 87 and I-40 making it convenient for travelers to get to. Rates were very reasonable. Several restaurants within walking distance and the continental breakfast was ready and plentiful. Contained all amenities necessary. It was like staying at a mountain resort where you could enjoy a good evening walk and the fresh country air in the morning. Rooms were equipped for computers with wii-fi and lobby had computer available for patron use for those without computers. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance and secure with credit card for late arrival.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The room was outdated and worn. The TV was from the Stone Age. The lamp in the room had no lightbulb. The breakfast was minimal only oranges and apples for fruit and a tour group from Israel came down and hogged the whole area then didn't clean up after themselves. The desk clerk needs to be a little more friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay there . Try the Drury inn
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wej86
Reviewed August 2, 2011

As Stop #1 on our cross-country road trip from Vegas back home to DC, we picked the Days Inn based on its relatively low price. The front desk agent, while efficient enough, would have benefitted from customer service lessons by the perky IHOP employees I encountered next door at dinnertime. The room itself was just okay. While it could have used some updating, you get what you pay for.

The continental breakfast was what one might have expected at that level. The best advantage for me was the aforementioned IHOP as well as the strip mall across the street from which we picked up supplies on the way out. If you’re on a restricted budget and looking for a place to crash, the Days Inn might do in a pinch.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is a place we have stayed at for years, they have just remodeled this hotel and the beds are great and should look good when all done. The staff was nice , manger not so. check your bed and room for bed bugs !!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family