“Clean & Yummy”

Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is my Favorite hotel in Flagstaff. The beds were great & the rooms clean. There was lots of seating in the lobby where our group gathered in the evening -- which was convenient. The breakfast was in a separate building only 20 feet from the hotel but had plenty of room for everyone. My wife's family is from the South and really loved their Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. I thought their sliced potatoes, peppers and sausage mix was fantastic....am I talking about a restaurant or a hotel breakfast? Oh well -- everything was fantastic at this hotel!!! I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
sgramsaz, General Manager at Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your "Glowing" Review. Our staff appreciates your kind words. We upgraded our breakfast offerings this summer and have had many positive comments about our additions.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Staff was friendly, breakfast was good, pool and hot tub were acceptable. One complaint was that in late June, there is no excuse NOT to have the A/C on for the room if you have guests checking in and temps are in the upper 90s. Our room was so hot and it took over three hours to get it cooled. I had to advise the front desk to tell the maid service to not turn our air off during the 2nd day of our stay. The location of the hotel is not in the most attractive part of Flagstaff, and it seemed a little rough. For the price we paid, we could have found a nicer hotel in a different part of town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob J
sgramsaz, General Manager at Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. We actually had a housekeeping staff meeting prior to the weekend and we covered this very item. I instructed them to turn the A/C units on at a temperature of 70 degrees. I apologize for us not having your A/C turned on upon your arrival last weekend. The housekeeping staff has seen your comments and it will be a lesson learned.

I am happy to hear that you found our hotel “Clean and Comfortable”, and that you found our staff friendly and our breakfast good.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

So we planned a trip to Flagstaff from Vegas to get away from the heat, along with everyone else in Nevada and Arizona. We had a long day of exploring downtown and hiking the area and came back to the room to take a shower and go to bed. I went to pull the sheets down on the bed and there was a bug. I trapped it under a glass, called the front desk and the maintenace guy came and confirmed our suspisions. Beg Bug. We have had an experience with these in Vegas before so we didnt want anything to do with them. There was no rooms left in the hotel so the front desk helped us find a new room next door. I understand it is not the hotels fault with all the travelers that come and go everyday and they were helpful to find another room in a town that was all sold out. It is unfortunate that our trip was spoiled by a bug, and then staying the night in a far less superior hotel, which was not comfortable at all. The Best Western did the right thing.

1  Thank Jackdaniels73

Thank you for your review. I apologize for your experience at our hotel. The dreaded bug has made its way back after being nearly eradicated back in the 60’s. Unfortunately, it is now commonplace throughout the United States in hotels, hospitals, apartment complexes, office buildings, retail stores, etc.

We take these pests very seriously and work closely with Conn Pest Control, our local pest control company upon discovery of them. The Conn Pest Control staff is fully trained to treat the rooms, and to eradicate them.

Our entire staff has been trained to identify the signs of these pests, and to alert management if they suspect we might have them in one of our rooms.

I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with the way our staff handled the situation and found you alternative arrangements for the evening at our expense. Flagstaff hotels are generally full most nights during the busy summer season and room availability is very limited into the evening.

I would look forward to being able to host you sometime in the future. Your experience is not the norm for our hotel.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I came here just to take my MCATs at the prometric testing center just a mile away. They put me in the most quiet room. They held my belongings during the exam after I checked out and were very friendly. I do want to caution people that this place is in high demand during the summer months. They politely turned people away. This Best Western has been remodeled and is really nice so people who were turned away asked, "Is there another Best Western in town? Is it as nice as this one?" There is no gym but there is a mini-fridge and hot tub and a really great continental breakfast with boiled and scrambled eggs. I think there was bacon and sausage too but I didn't look for those. They have a 24 hour coffee machine which was great for me. Overall, I couldn't ask to stay at a more convenient and accommodating place!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Pony Soldier on our way to Colorado. Although the hotel is a dated building, we found it to be in good repair and maintenance. The room was nicely decorated and came with a living room area and two bathrooms. The bed was comfortable.

We found the room to be rather quiet with no noise from trains or traffic. The only noise problem we experienced was a trash truck dumping dumpsters behind the adjoining businesses. That was not the fault of the Best Western.

Breakfast was well prepared with a variety of items.

We would stay there again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Booked online -we tend to stay at Best Westerns as we have learned to trust the name. Our suite was comfortable but it was a treat to have two dressing areas and two bathrooms. Breakfast was average but we did not walk away hungry. Would definitely stay here again. Train tracks across the street did not bother us at all.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Right next to a major railway track with trains going up and down all night. Fly screen on room broken, beds on the hard side room had a musty smell!? Breakfast poor only eggs no bacon or sausage. Sorry have used Best Western across the globe very disappointing. :( However staff were very pleasant and the room was clean.