“Skip it”

Ranked #24 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Longmont, Colorado
“Skip it”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Pros:

Comfortable mattress.

Good TV and Internet, microwave and fridge.

Convenient location.

Cons:

Dated rooms on first floor. Smaller than most Travelodges I have stayed in.

Scratchy blanket, thin bedspread, scratchy towels.

Bathroom had no heat and was freezing. Non insulated window had no lock on it, allowing easy access to room from behind. I used a coat hangar to wedge the window closed.

Sounds from guests passing by and trains across the street were loud.

There was a huge patch of ice on the sidewalk in front of our room caused by leaking water from the second floor. No one did anything about this, even though it was a severe safety hazard.

Clerk on duty knew absolutely nothing about which restaurants were open for Christmas. We were on our own. She also keyed the room keys wrong and I had to walk back to the office to get them corrected.

I like Travelodges as a whole, but you should really skip this one.

• Stayed December 2013
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Flagstaff, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear guest:

On behalf of the Travelodge family, I would like to sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. Please know that I've alerted the owners directly regarding your concerns, and they have been duly noted. We are working toward resolving these issues as promptly and efficiently as possible.

As much as negative reviews can be discouraging, they are also very helpful: They shed insight on the areas in which we must improve. For that, we thank you. Your feedback has assisted our property, and now will be better for it.

Please contact me if you have anything that I can assist you further with! Otherwise, we hope you have a wonderful day.

Anna.Patel@dayshotelflagstaff.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
los angeles
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Fine for small stay. Don't expect anything fancy. Good for price paid. No frills. Standard breakfast. Need not say anything more. We stayed for only one night passing through Flagstaff and it was OK. Primary consideration was price so no complaints.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this TripAdvisor review! We appreciate your honest feedback.

We're happy to hear you considered our property for your night's stay, and that overall, you enjoyed yourself (and the price you paid for the room). If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask, as I'd love to help!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Checking in was quick and easy. Bianca checked us in and was extremely helpful and friendly. She gave us a maps, directions, and even brought us extra towels. She went out of her way to make our stay great. The rooms were spotless and you could tell that this is a newly renovated hotel the bathrooms were nice, and the rooms were spacious. Also, the location is great right up the road from downtown.

The best part about this hotel though is the breakfast. They had homemade eggs and potatoes that are made daily. The breakfast area is very clean and inviting. Will stay again next time in flagstaff.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We sure appreciate your feedback.

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our complimentary, hot breakfast served every morning! If there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to contact me directly, as I'd love to help.

Singapore
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a newly-renovated motel. The lobby was inviting. The room was cleaned. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The check in was very fast. There is laundry service which we made use of it. It will be good if you prepare your laundry powder if you plan to do laundry. If not, you can buy at the coin machine. The breakfast starts as early as 6am, which is great for those who have early itneraries to cover. The breakfast includes breads for toast, juices, coffee and tea, apples, oatmeal for quick cook in the microwave oven, conflakes with fresh milk, and baked potatoes with scramble egg. This is a great place to stay if you are planning to go Grand Canyon the next day. At less than $50 for a family of 4-5, it is value for money.

1 Thank Rachellse
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Flagstaff, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review! Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay -- from the speedy check-in, to the newly updated and refurbished rooms, to our wide-variety complimentary breakfast! It's always exciting to hear such positive feedback regarding the hard work we've put into this property.

It's our hope that we'll see you again in the future! But in the meantime, if there's anything else that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I'd love to help!

Ganado
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had my reservations about this hotel when I booked through the hotel website. However, upon arrival to the hotel I was pleasantly surprised about the my experience. Staff was excellent. The room was clean and had a nice appeal. Lobby had a great vibe. I will likely make this my go-to hotel should the price stay the same. Excellent!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review! We appreciate your feedback.

We're so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, you're interested in making our property your "go-to" hotel. We certainly hope to see you again in the future! But for now, if there's anything else I can help you with, please contact me personally.