“Convenient location, horrible breakfast.”

Travelodge Flagstaff
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I travel to Flagstaff every so often for work and have stayed in several hotels there; I'm a journalist, so am always looking for bargains. I walked into the Travelodge and was quoted a midweek rate of $81 for a room with 2 queen beds. I bargained them down to $55. At this rate, the value was phenomenal. The room was clean, the sheets smelled fresh, the bathroom was sparkling and the mattress and pillows were plush and seemed like the stuff of a high-end hotel. Room included a mini-fridge, microwave, hair dryer, iron and a large desk. The lobby was quiet. One evening I sat with a colleague there, plugged in the computer and did some work. The staff is EXTREMELY pleasant and friendly. The breakfast was standard fare but adequate. Now all it needs is that pool up and running! I will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear guest:

We sincerely appreciate this TripAdvisor review! Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It's always such a pleasure to hear from satisfied guests! I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to our front desk staff -- they are always very appreciative of positive reviews!

As you may have noticed, our hotel has been recently refurbished. Our next projects include adding an authentic, Flagstaff-oriented mural to our building, and eventually improving our pool (although it is unlikely that we'll be able to address that this summer, unfortunately). We sure hope to see you again in the future, and perhaps by then, we'll have even more to offer you!

Again, we appreciate this review. Thank you! If there is anything else that I can help with, please do not hesitate to ask -- I'd love to help!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This is very expensive for what you get. Front desk guys not friendly. We stayed here on the way to Bryce Canyon. Location is not bad around 2 -3 miles from downtown. Stay here only if you don't get accommodation in other places.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review! We appreciate your feedback.

However, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for your dissatisfaction during your stay. Usually our staff receives extensive positive feedback -- we are so sorry to hear that you experienced differently, and again, extend our apologies.

If there is anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. I would love to help.

(928) 774-7186

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Service at the front desk was friendly. Breakfast was good on the first day (on graduation weekend, when the motel was fully booked). It is located close to town. And here end the positives about this motel.

Please note that this motel has pet friendly rooms. If you don't love having pet hair on your comforter and the smell of dog in your room, you may not love this motel. Our first room had just that (plus the smell of cigarette). The front-desk lady assured us that ours was one of the pet-free rooms, and perhaps someone had brought their pet in without permission. She was kind enough to give us another room, which still had a lingering smell of cigarette, but at least the pet hair and odor were gone. In general the room was clean, so no complaints there. The fridge worked. It was 4 of us sharing a room and, though we did get fresh towels every day, we were almost always one short and had to ask at the front desk for extras).
Breakfast on the first day was fine, with scrambled eggs and all... but as the week progressed (we spent 4 nights there) the breakfast became more and more limited. The hot water was always lukewarm, the bread seemed to be the same throughout our stay, and several other food options (English muffins) were never replenished. We basically ended up just having coffee in the morning and going out for breakfast.
The motel does provide WiFi, though the signal was so weak in the room (at least for my device) that I had to check emails and such in the lobby.
Some reviewers have complained about the train being right across the street... two of my travel companions said it bothered them at night, but it actually didn't bother me at all. I was never woken up by the sound of it. If you're a deep sleeper, I don't think it's an issue.
The pool was closed because it was being used as a "dumpster" for old mattresses and chairs.
In all fairness though, they were in the middle of updating the rooms (apparently new mattresses, new furniture, new TVs... hopefully new paint, curtains, and comforters too). So hopefully, if you choose to book a room here in the near future, you will reap the benefits of an updated room.

It wasn't all bad--I hate to be negative. Truth is, this place provided a comfortable bed at an unbeatable price, and it served our basic needs (we spent every day traveling to and from the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and Petrified Forrest National Park), so a clean bed and shower is all we needed). I should probably give it 3 stars... but, based on our personal experience, all I can afford to give is 2.

Room Tip: If you like smoke-free and pet-free, you must specify that!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest:

We sincerely appreciate you providing us with this TripAdvisor review! Thank you for the feedback.

However, we would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are working to improve our breakfast options, but otherwise, most of the inconveniences you encountered have already been resolved (through the process of completing our renovation).

If there is anything else that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask -- I would love to help in any way possible!