New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Frisco, Texas
“Not good, not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I read the reviews, and most were spot-on. It's a motel.. room feels old and cheap. There are trains nearby that pass frequently. TV wasn't working when checked in. With that said, I was able to sleep ok, manager was friendly and fixed TV immediately. They have free breakfast.. basic but better than nothing!

It was one of least expensive hotels in Flagstaff but not cheap (still over $100) and it was overall what I needed.. a place to relax and sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This overnight stay was a pleasant surprise. Room was very acceptable and had micro, refrigerator, WIFI and for $10 more our dog enjoyed it as well. We had a decent, light breakfast for free just enough to get us going (cereal, milk, muffin, toast, danish, coffee and apple). We have stayed in many cheap places in Flag and this was well worth going back to next time!

Room Tip: We had a back corner main level room and it was fine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is the Taj Mahal on the east side of Flagstaff, believe me. Plus it's Flagstaff, not Vegas. You're going enjoy a little rustic charm. As of now, in late 2012, the trains no longer blow their horns while passing through town, though you may feel a little tremble in the ground. Quaint, not disturbing.

The staff was awesome. I was able to check in early, and they even offered to let me check out a little late if I needed extra rest. They were VERY busy, so a little something like accommodating me in this way is why I'm now taking the time to write this. Alicia was especially awesome in taking care of my stay.

My room was larger than expected (king), and clean, ESPECIALLY the bed. Creepy bedding scares me but this was all obviously fresh from the dryer (even the modern thin throw cover).

The furnishings didn't match, but whatever. The TV was small, but they had the normal 50-some cable channels plus HBO.

The bathroom in my suite was totally new, including a large bathtub which made my day after driving all morning.

The continental breakfast was actually pretty good too. I had one of everything and left quite satisfied.

They are dog friendly too, not just dog tolerant.

Room Tip: Always ask the front desk about free shuttle offerings. Some restaurants and bars offer guests free...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Payson, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

we stayed over night at this location, but never again and i wont be recommending it, our room was so dirty, the carpet was wet, there was some stuff on the wall...looked like crap, literally, and chair in room was all stained, dead bug on the wall behind the bathroom and pubic hair....you need to fire the person you have as a maid...we were tired and it had been a long day, and to top off it was late...but i will let all my friends know how bad it was...and i am sorry to say this is not an exaggeration....dont believe me management...go look for yourself

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a reservation just down the street but when we saw the room, it was unacceptable. We left and found the Travel Lodge and checked with the front office staff. Asked to see a room and it was clean and quite comfortable. Other than the trains, it was a plesant night stay. If you pick a place next to the railroad tracks - you can expect the noise. We did not have a problem with it. Got a good night sleep. Would go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jose A, Manager at Travelodge Flagstaff, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad that you picked our hotel for your stay. We are working very diligently to improve our hotel. I am very happy personally to see such a positive review.

Again, thank you for completing your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at J.Alvarado@TravelodgeRoute66.com

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I booked the Travelodge in Flagstaff on Hotels.com by the rating of Excellent!!! At $67 a night plus tax I'm shocked at the dump it was... The first room we were put in was musky, the phone was all sticky which proved that the cleaners obviously don't do their job properly. We phoned downstairs and got given another room... As soon as we walked in, again a musky cigarette smelling room! So again anothe room was assigned... This room was marginally better... Still musky so we left the door open to let some fresh air in and turned on the air con.
The chair next to the desk was all stained... It was filthy... I mean can't the cleaners see how dirty it is!!! The young girl at the desk however was very friendly and helpful... The bed was comfortable... BUT.... There was NO mention of the train line directly across the busy road!!! Very noisy,,,
We didn't bother going down for the free breakfast cos it looked very mediocre... Froot Loops and some other high sugar product!!! The area to eat breakfast was very basic and ugly. Who would want to sit there and eat breakfast when there is a Starbucks 100 yards away!!!
When I returned home i realised I'd left my diamond earrings on the table (not real) so I phoned straight away and was told that nothing was handed in!! Err I kinda figured that... Didn't strike me as a place that would return something if you left it behind... However the helpful young girl took my number and said she would go and take a look when she had time and phone me back... Well... I haven't heard back so I guess not only did I get ripped off with the price of this lacklustre hotel I lost my favourite pair of earrings...

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here ask for the room right behind the reception or either last room on the left an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We are working on improving our rating on Hotels.com. The city of Flagstaff, Arizona is built around train tracks and unfortunately it’s hard to avoid the train noise. We are sorry that you missed the train tracks directly in front of our hotel. We are happy that most of our guests find that the train track noise is tolerable.

Our hotel is honest and I know for a fact that my employees would never steal from our guests. I find this accusation disturbing as I spoke to you personally about your earring and FedEx shipped them to you the following day.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a very good hotel if you're on a budget. Room was newly remodeled and good beds and was clean. Very good location right off I-40 and easy travel to grand canyon. breakfast was also ok. We stayed here for two nights and went back and forth to grand canyon and it worked out great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all of your positive comments regarding our hotel. I do believe that our hotel provides our guests with a very good value. We are working very hard to insure that our rooms are clean and provide all of the amenities that our guests would require on a visit away from home.