“Made me love my stay in Flagstaff...”

Inn at 410 Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Hatfield, PA
“Made me love my stay in Flagstaff...”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this beautiful B&B for 3 days. Gordon was full of great information and helped in anyway he could. His staff was excellent. The room, The Conservatory, was wonderful decorated. The breakfast was excellent and the afternoon snacks were great. The location is just a couple blocks from downtown Flagstaff and made walking a pleasure. Gordon Henricks has made this a specail memory for my wife and I. Hopefully we will be able to stay their agains sometime...Loved the train whistles...reminded me of when I was a child...visit the Lowell Observatory.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 26, 2009

We had a wonderful time at the Inn and in Flagstaff and the surrounding area. The Inn is beautiful and the owner and staff meet and exceed your needs. I would highly recommend this B&B

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Napa
Reviewed September 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Inn while visiting family and friends in Flagstaff. We stayed in Monet's Garden. A delightful, cozy, and romantic room. Having been to Monet's Garden in France the decor really brought back fond memories. The room divider panels that were painted with scenes reminicsent of the Gardens in France were super to look at while luxuriating in the jacuzzi tub redolent with the aroma of the provided bath salts. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and the coffee wonderful. Gordon is an attentive and knowledgeable host. We had a problem with our rental car and Gordon and his staff extended themselves to assist us in dealing with the intracacies of getting a replacement vehicle. This allowed us to go off with our friends sightseeing without having to wait at the B & B for the arrival of the exchange car.
The staff are all very pleasant and efficient. It's apparent that they've been well trained and that the positive attitude of the owner is reflected in his employees. We'll definitely return again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
High Wycombe, England
Reviewed September 12, 2009

My wife and I are from the UK and we were on a 3.5 week tour of the USA, stopping in Flagstaff on our way from Grand Canyon/Monument Valley to Las Vegas.
I agree with all the praise heaped on Inn at 210 B&B - nice street, close to everything in town, beautiful and fully equipped rooms, great cookies in the afternoon, pleasant garden to sit in, lovely breakfast, and a wonderful and helpful welcome on arrival - with local restaurant menus and hints on what to see and do in Flagstaff (we recommend Lowell Observatory).
BUT (a big but), the main objective of staying overnight is to get some sleep, and neither of us managed more than a few minutes every now and again. Our room was too warm - but we were asked not to use the A/C on cool, but to use fan only and open the windows. The noisy blast from the next train through Flagstaff forced us to close the windows and put the A/C on cool - but this was far too noisy for sleep, so back to opening the windows. I could give you the complete overnight train timetable, as every train's horn/klaxon blasts through the town throughout the night - making it impossible to sleep. One solution might be a simple one - a table/desk top fan which we could point at the bed, whilst we had the windows closed - but I fear that the loudness of the trains would still keep you awake. Although we were fully aware that Flagstaff has trains run through it, we had no idea that they were so noisy - and all night long.
I think Flagstaff needs to come with a large warning sign - DO NOT STOP HERE IF YOU WANT ANY SLEEP TONIGHT.

1 Thank malawi40
inn410, Owner at Inn at 410 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
Dear Malawi40,
I am sorry you had such a tough night with the trains. All of our rooms are equipped with A/C units and we always suggest guests turn their unit to "Fan" to bring in the cool night air. Our windows are dual glazed with two sets of curtains for soundproofing.

The City of Flagstaff is spending $1million to eliminate the train horns and replace them with much quieter overpass signals. Unfortunately that process is currently being held up by the Arizona Corporation Commission, but the overpass signals should be in place and working soon. The Flagstaff train horns will soon be a thing of the past.

I have slept with my windows open here at the Inn for six years and I don't hear the trains. I have hundreds of repeat guests each year here at the Inn at 410 and rarely do I ever get complaints about the trains.
Respectfully,
Gordon Watkins
Owner
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed September 5, 2009

My wife and I spent two nights in Monet's Garden and were delighted to have done so. A two person Jacuzzi tub that actually fits two people and a walk-in shower also for two, if only one shower head, but then Flagstaff is in the midst of a drought and dual shower heads might encourage more use of water than prudent. Staff was great and Gordon's dining suggestion (Pato Thai) was spot on. Location is ideal for walking to downtown and far enough away from train tracks to not get woken up in middle of the night. The video library yielded a couple movies to watch on the flat screen TV and cable was just installed. WiFi allowed me to get some work done during the day my wife went to a meeting and the two pots of coffee were almost as good as I make at home - fresh and strong. Her meeting started before their normal breakfast service, so they provided her an in-room breakfast the night before.

Reviewed August 9, 2009

Without a doubt.. A GEM! This is one of the most romantic and charming inns I have stayed at in the USA.. East coast and West! The rooms are stunning , and it is truly an escape .. Once you arrive, you dont want to leave the grounds . The breakfast each day was truly incredible.. garden frittatta, with artichoke and asparagus, baked tomato, canadian bacon..... apple croissant french toast with a maple glaze.. a truly gourmet experience! The staff went out of their way to accomodate us..Gordon Watkins is the owner and is the ultimate host ! As a former concierge in NY, I really appreciate great service, and I was beyond impressed .. I cant wait to go back during the fall season.. and look forward to becoming a "regular " at the Inn at 410 ! A real gem , indeed!

Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I don't know how I overlooked writing this review right after we returned from Arizona, but I did and I want to make amends. My husband and I stayed here for several days while visiting Flagstaff and the surrounding area. We had a beautiful two room suite that was wonderfully comfortable. The owners were very helpful, not only in making recommendations for nearby sites, but also gave us great tips for Sedona which was the next place we visited. The breakfasts were very delicious and the afternoon snacks were always a welcome sight. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple