“Great B & B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Inn at 410 Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Napa
“Great B & B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Inn while visiting family and friends in Flagstaff. We stayed in Monet's Garden. A delightful, cozy, and romantic room. Having been to Monet's Garden in France the decor really brought back fond memories. The room divider panels that were painted with scenes reminicsent of the Gardens in France were super to look at while luxuriating in the jacuzzi tub redolent with the aroma of the provided bath salts. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and the coffee wonderful. Gordon is an attentive and knowledgeable host. We had a problem with our rental car and Gordon and his staff extended themselves to assist us in dealing with the intracacies of getting a replacement vehicle. This allowed us to go off with our friends sightseeing without having to wait at the B & B for the arrival of the exchange car.
The staff are all very pleasant and efficient. It's apparent that they've been well trained and that the positive attitude of the owner is reflected in his employees. We'll definitely return again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Hebrew first
High Wycombe, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2009

My wife and I are from the UK and we were on a 3.5 week tour of the USA, stopping in Flagstaff on our way from Grand Canyon/Monument Valley to Las Vegas.
I agree with all the praise heaped on Inn at 210 B&B - nice street, close to everything in town, beautiful and fully equipped rooms, great cookies in the afternoon, pleasant garden to sit in, lovely breakfast, and a wonderful and helpful welcome on arrival - with local restaurant menus and hints on what to see and do in Flagstaff (we recommend Lowell Observatory).
BUT (a big but), the main objective of staying overnight is to get some sleep, and neither of us managed more than a few minutes every now and again. Our room was too warm - but we were asked not to use the A/C on cool, but to use fan only and open the windows. The noisy blast from the next train through Flagstaff forced us to close the windows and put the A/C on cool - but this was far too noisy for sleep, so back to opening the windows. I could give you the complete overnight train timetable, as every train's horn/klaxon blasts through the town throughout the night - making it impossible to sleep. One solution might be a simple one - a table/desk top fan which we could point at the bed, whilst we had the windows closed - but I fear that the loudness of the trains would still keep you awake. Although we were fully aware that Flagstaff has trains run through it, we had no idea that they were so noisy - and all night long.
I think Flagstaff needs to come with a large warning sign - DO NOT STOP HERE IF YOU WANT ANY SLEEP TONIGHT.

1 Thank malawi40
inn410, Owner at Inn at 410 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
Dear Malawi40,
I am sorry you had such a tough night with the trains. All of our rooms are equipped with A/C units and we always suggest guests turn their unit to "Fan" to bring in the cool night air. Our windows are dual glazed with two sets of curtains for soundproofing.

The City of Flagstaff is spending $1million to eliminate the train horns and replace them with much quieter overpass signals. Unfortunately that process is currently being held up by the Arizona Corporation Commission, but the overpass signals should be in place and working soon. The Flagstaff train horns will soon be a thing of the past.

I have slept with my windows open here at the Inn for six years and I don't hear the trains. I have hundreds of repeat guests each year here at the Inn at 410 and rarely do I ever get complaints about the trains.
Respectfully,
Gordon Watkins
Owner
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

My wife and I spent two nights in Monet's Garden and were delighted to have done so. A two person Jacuzzi tub that actually fits two people and a walk-in shower also for two, if only one shower head, but then Flagstaff is in the midst of a drought and dual shower heads might encourage more use of water than prudent. Staff was great and Gordon's dining suggestion (Pato Thai) was spot on. Location is ideal for walking to downtown and far enough away from train tracks to not get woken up in middle of the night. The video library yielded a couple movies to watch on the flat screen TV and cable was just installed. WiFi allowed me to get some work done during the day my wife went to a meeting and the two pots of coffee were almost as good as I make at home - fresh and strong. Her meeting started before their normal breakfast service, so they provided her an in-room breakfast the night before.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

Without a doubt.. A GEM! This is one of the most romantic and charming inns I have stayed at in the USA.. East coast and West! The rooms are stunning , and it is truly an escape .. Once you arrive, you dont want to leave the grounds . The breakfast each day was truly incredible.. garden frittatta, with artichoke and asparagus, baked tomato, canadian bacon..... apple croissant french toast with a maple glaze.. a truly gourmet experience! The staff went out of their way to accomodate us..Gordon Watkins is the owner and is the ultimate host ! As a former concierge in NY, I really appreciate great service, and I was beyond impressed .. I cant wait to go back during the fall season.. and look forward to becoming a "regular " at the Inn at 410 ! A real gem , indeed!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

I don't know how I overlooked writing this review right after we returned from Arizona, but I did and I want to make amends. My husband and I stayed here for several days while visiting Flagstaff and the surrounding area. We had a beautiful two room suite that was wonderfully comfortable. The owners were very helpful, not only in making recommendations for nearby sites, but also gave us great tips for Sedona which was the next place we visited. The breakfasts were very delicious and the afternoon snacks were always a welcome sight. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Exeter, Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and I, plus another couple stayed here on recommendation of our guide book. We ere on a 6 weeks vacation around the canyons. Having stayed in some wonderful B & Bs, of most vote being The Verandahs in Wilmington, North Carolina, this was a huge disappointment. The rooms were fairly cluttered and far from spotless (the pictures shown taken with a fish eye lens, which should not be necessary). The owners appeared to be living on the goodwill built up by the previous owners. Only DVDs being available, and no television was ridiculous for the amount paid. There was no lounge, only a corner of the dining room to sit in if you wanted to talk before not going to bed. Hardly comfortable. You had the feeling that they had used every room possible to let. I do not understand how people think the breakfasts were good, perhaps they have not stayed in a 'good' bed and breakfast. They were not. The one saving grace was the owner, who did not do the cooking, who talked to guests during breakfast. His advice on where to go etc was very good, but it was a very expensive price to pay for advice. We would not stay there again, nor recommend it to any of our friends. Not a highlight of our visit.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank DiWilkins
inn410, Owner at Inn at 410 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 26, 2009
Dear DiWilkins:
Thank you for your review and I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience at the Inn at 410. I have owned the Inn since 2003 and have served over 9,000 guests since then. Fortunately, the vast majority of my guests love the Inn, our service and our food. We always offer alternatives to our breakfast entree including eggs any style, cereals and vegan choices.

Since owning the Inn, we have been featured in numerous national magazines, newspapers and guides, I am not relying on anyone's past goodwill. The English breakfast diet often consists of just toast or cereal which we are happy to accommodate. Our breakfast offerings range from Gruyere Frittata to Apple Croissant French toast and we receive many accolades for our food.

We have many places for our guests to meet and talk in addition to our living and dining areas; a huge front porch, our lighted gazebo and garden as well as the sitting areas in all of our oversized rooms. In addition to over 800 movies in our collection, we have free wi-fi internet as well as a computer for guests to use. I tried satellite TV earlier this year and that did not work here, cable television is being installed this week.

We receive an over 92% satisfaction rating on Tripadvisor and the thousands of reviews in our guest books attest to my guests' happiness. I am very proud of our offerings and your review speaks simply to the fact that "you can't please all the people all the time". I do cook breakfast on occasion and I do supervise our menus, food preparation and service everyday, however my time is best spent with my guests, not in the kitchen.

From all of my guest comments, national press, guide book reviews and repeat clientele I know we are offering the very best for our guests.
Cheers,
Gordon Watkins
Owner
Surrey, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

We have stayed twice at the Inn, once in 2008 and then again this year. Both times for two nights. The main thing for us was the location, we wanted to be in Flagstaff and the Inn is situated a short stroll from the centre. There is stacks of chain accommodation in Flagstaff and the Inn at 410 doesn't compete on price with these places. What you do get is a good size, clean room with a bit of character. Whether you'd decorate your home the same way is questionable but it's great fun for a stay. (Try the Dakota room). Breakfasts are tasty and we've found that the 8-9.00 slot works for us. This is also the time you're most likely to see the owner and when he gave us some good advice on a daywalk at Red Canyon.

A computer is available in the lobby area with (free) internet which is useful for flight check-ins and the like. Also it's not unpleasant to sit in this area nibbling on a biscuit, drinking tea and reading the papers (all provided).

Loved the baleful train horns, makes Flagstaff seem distinctive in a world of conformity.

If we come through Flagstaff again we'd be looking to stay here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple