“Loved the 410”

Ranked #1 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Loved the 410”
Reviewed September 22, 2008

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at the Inn at 410 in Flagstaff. Flagstaff is interesting itself, and it's a great central location for all the sights (Grand Canyon, Sedona, Lowell Observatory). And the 410 is the perfect place to stay. Super hospitality, good breakfasts (great coffee), a nice video library, and the innkeepers could not have been more accommodating to our dietary preferences. Many B&B's work to make you feel at home; the Inn at 410 really delivers. I recommend it highly.

• Liked — Great staff, good restaurant recommendations, local knowledge
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Hebrew first
Birmingham AL
Reviewed August 23, 2008

Literally a spur-of-the moment getaway, we called this B&B from the airport in Birmingham AL, and got the last room available. Six hours later we were in Flagstaff, and checking in. We had the Southwest room, which is really a 2-room suite. It was so comfortable, a soft bed, a private entrance and a great jacuzzi which was very welcome the next day after hiking in the Grand Canyon. The staff was wonderful, and offered great ideas on places to eat and things to see in the area. And when we said we would miss breakfast the next day as we got up very early to beat the Grand Canyon crowds, they brought muffins, cereal and juice to our in-room fridge for us. My one regret is that we only had a three days to stay. I want to go back and stay a week!

• Liked — The staff was so helpful and accommodating
  • Disliked — Nothing, I wanted to stay longer
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed at the Inn at 410 for 2 nights over the 4th July. We wanted a change from the usual chain hotel and this property caught my eye. I'm pleased we chose it - a lovely location with just a short walk into the centre of Flagstaff with it's many options for food and entertainment. Pleasant owner/operators and fantastic rooms (the Dakota Suite was gorgeous). Off-street parking and a nice garden all added to the 'charm'.

A really nice change from the norm and one we'd certainly not hesitate to recommend and use again next time we come to Flagstaff.

• Liked — Location and the lovely rooms!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed June 23, 2008

It's very simple. If you stay here and think there's a single thing wrong with this place, you are the one with the problem - go stay at a Day's Inn or a Holiday Inn. Seriously, I've stayed at B&Bs all over the US, Ireland and England, and this place is absolutely delightful. The staff was ever so nice (thank you Kim, Ben and Natalie) and accomodating. Breakfast on the patio in the summer is an absolute treat. My husband and I both have bad backs and really really appreciated the amazingly comfortable mattresses. And as always, great fun to be able to walk out the door into a multitude of choices for fun. Can't wait to go back!

Jayne

Stayed June 2008
Phoenix
Reviewed June 16, 2008

It was the first time my husband and I have stayed at a Bed & Breakfast and we had a fantastic experience. I can say that on our future trips to Flagstaff we know where we will stay.

After reading a couple of the poorly rated reviews (I think there are two among the many, many positive ones) I was a bit hesitant to book my stay but upon arriving found there to be no truth to their criticisms. There is no construction near the Inn at 410, it was absolutely quiet, and the staff was friendly and hospitable. The food is delicious. Kim was even kind enough to share some of his recipes with me! My husband and I have high standards, normally we only stay at resort hotels, and the Inn at 410 exceeded our expectations. I would encourage anyone to give it a try, it is truly a lovely experience.

• Liked — The friendly staff, location, and breakfast experience
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Unlike the previous reviewer, we had nothing but an excellent experience of The Inn at 410. Gordon, Kimball and their staff couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. We arrived very early off the sleeper from LA, hoping that we might be able to leave our luggage for the day before checking in that evening - and found that we could not only do that but we could also have breakfast and, as it was available, access to our room as well. I can only echo what others have said about the quality and comfort of the rooms, the excellence of the breakfasts and the convenience of the location. (No problems at all with noise.) We stayed at The Inn between two nights on Amtrak sleepers followed by an overnight flight back to the UK - so it was quite an oasis of comfort ! - and a great way to end a wonderful holiday in Calilfornia and Arizona.

Stayed June 2008
Seattle
Reviewed June 3, 2008

On the surface, this place looks quaint - a lot like any other b-n-b in Flgstff. But there is a great deal of noise pollution - from the nearby train and the restaurant immediately next door. (Close your windows!) This is annoying, but tolerable, but the owers were pretentious and rude - which is a shame, because the price was affordable, but it was too much to pay to be treated so rudley.

• Stayed May 2008