We were originally only going to be in Flagstaff for one night, between Vegas and Tucson, but after a bad experience at Monte Carlo Resort Vegas, we left 2 days early, and ended up staying 3 nights at the Flagstaff Drury Hotel.
I had read a lot of good reviews about this chain of hotels, and it sounded great - but after our Vegas experience, we were quite nervous that the place would look nothing like the pictures, nor be as great as we thought.
Thankfully we were worried about nothing - the room looked exactly like the pictures (you listening Monte Carlo Resort?), and all the freebies were just as described. Can't argue with free breakfast, free evening food (dinner for us), free drinks, free WiFi, and free calls.
The room was spacey enough, with a comfy bed, lots of channels on the TV, a modern TV, and nice enough bathroom. The free hot breakfast was nice, especially the waffles (mmmm). I just had the waffles and cereal, but there was also scrambled egg (looked weird), biscuits and gravy (strange), plus juice. The evening meal was nice enough - nothing too flash, but it's free, and the food was okay. You also get 3 free drinks, but not being a big drinker, I stuck to the soft drinks and tea. They also gave away popcorn, which we took a couple of times, but never got round to eating!!
The only odd thing, and this was common to most of the hotels we stayed at - what is with showers in baths? Seems to be an American thing. Give me a walk-in shower any day of the week.
Oh, if you do stay in Flagstaff, check out the new Walmart Supercenter. Amazing. Nothing like that in Australia - blew us away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. This hotel is one of Mother Nature’s favorites. LEED Silver Certified, the Drury Inn & Suites of Flagstaff has many environmentally-friendly features, including solar panels and recycled water systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Flagstaff
- Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Drury Inn Flagstaff
- Drury Inn Hotel Flagstaff