“How a hotel should be”

Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“How a hotel should be”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We were originally only going to be in Flagstaff for one night, between Vegas and Tucson, but after a bad experience at Monte Carlo Resort Vegas, we left 2 days early, and ended up staying 3 nights at the Flagstaff Drury Hotel.

I had read a lot of good reviews about this chain of hotels, and it sounded great - but after our Vegas experience, we were quite nervous that the place would look nothing like the pictures, nor be as great as we thought.

Thankfully we were worried about nothing - the room looked exactly like the pictures (you listening Monte Carlo Resort?), and all the freebies were just as described. Can't argue with free breakfast, free evening food (dinner for us), free drinks, free WiFi, and free calls.

The room was spacey enough, with a comfy bed, lots of channels on the TV, a modern TV, and nice enough bathroom. The free hot breakfast was nice, especially the waffles (mmmm). I just had the waffles and cereal, but there was also scrambled egg (looked weird), biscuits and gravy (strange), plus juice. The evening meal was nice enough - nothing too flash, but it's free, and the food was okay. You also get 3 free drinks, but not being a big drinker, I stuck to the soft drinks and tea. They also gave away popcorn, which we took a couple of times, but never got round to eating!!

The only odd thing, and this was common to most of the hotels we stayed at - what is with showers in baths? Seems to be an American thing. Give me a walk-in shower any day of the week.

Oh, if you do stay in Flagstaff, check out the new Walmart Supercenter. Amazing. Nothing like that in Australia - blew us away!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Reviewed November 7, 2010

The room was huge and lovely. We even had a balcony. The beds were not even close to being the best we've had at other hotels. Breakfast was okish...waffles great...eggs horrid. Evening food fare was fair, but, hey, it was free, as were the drinks, but we only had them 1 out of 3 nights. We stayed on our way home on our trip as well. The suites aren't as nice as the other room we had. The only thing better was another TV, I guess. I will say that they need to clean the ice/soda machine. I got moldy sludge on me when I accidentally touched the back of the thing you press for ice...GROSS! Desk personnel were usually frienly.

• Stayed October 2010
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Thank you for staying 2 times at the Drury Inn & Suites in Flagstaff, and for providing us feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry that you felt the bed comfort was not what you expected, and would like to check the specific room you stayed in so that can be addressed prior to future guests staying in that room. Unfortunately, we don't know what room you were in since posting on Tripadvisor doesn't provide guest names, so if you could please contact our General Manager so we can get more information, that would be most helpful. Thank you again for your business and your feedback, and we hope we will have another chance in the future to have you stay with us.
penna.
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Flagstaff Drury Inn is excellent. Breakfasts, nightly snacks and drinks included. Great clean rooms. Friendly, helpful staff. NO complaints!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My husband, my sister and I stayed at the Drury in Flagstaff for a total of 6 nights in late September and early October. When we checked in, the two rooms we needed were not ready so they upgraded us to suites. My husband left the next day to hike across the Grand Canyon, and my sister and I then planned to move to another room to share for the next four days, and I asked if they would upgrade us to a suite and they did. We were so happy! The suites are GREAT.

The rooms were very clean, well-organized and comfortable. The cost of the suites was very low, compared to other hotels. In addition, their breakfast is fabulous. They also have this late day snack fest that is wonderful. It's all included in the cost of the room, and you can each have three drinks, on the house. We took advantage of all of these options. Check out their website www.druryhotels.com Everything you would want to know is there.

We were worried about animals in the rooms, but other than seeing a few dogs being walked through the lobby, we didn't see anything. It was not an issue at all.

Really, the only problem we experienced was with the busloads of tourists, mostly really nice older people, who invaded the hotel. They overwhelmed the breakfast and the "kick back" time late in the day, and I noticed that when they came down for this, they established themselves at a table, and didn't leave, so there wasn't room for anyone else. The last night we were at the hotel, there wasn't any place for us to sit because the busloads of tourists had taken every spot. We ended up going up to the balcony level, which was OK, but not too convenient.

I can see that all of this free food is a real draw for everybody. However, the food was nice, but I liked the rooms best of all, and because of the environmentally friendly design and the comfort, I would stay at a Drury hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Persnicketyanne
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I enjoyed my stay here but missed the breakfast because they cut it off at 9:30am. They should have breakfast open at least until 10am because the beds are so comfortable I didn't want to get up early! This hotel offers free hot breakfast, free internet, free drink from bar, free hot food at dinner time, free long distance calls and a couple more free things. I guess they aren't really "free" because you are actually paying to stay there! It's not like you can just walk in and ask for all the free stuff and then choose to not stay there. But honestly, I slept like a baby and really enjoyed the super clean, spacious room I was given. I highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed October 8, 2010

They say "The extras aren't extra!" and they are right. I used the computer every day to check email, printed off whatever I wanted for free. Breakfast was a good variety of foods from hot waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal, toast and more. All kept stocked and clean. We went on a busy week when orientation at the university was going on...we were there for a family visit and wedding. We still got plenty of food and service at front desk. Went back for a second stay the next week with extended family. We got 2 very comfy cots for free...they were supposed to charge $10, but every front desk person was very accommodating and understanding. Other reviews talk about train noise; I never heard it. Only kind of problems are getting in and out of parking with the one way roads and finding parking right next to hotel. They have attached parking garage with plenty of space, but I was being lazy and kept trying to find a close spot which was 50/50. Easy location to walk to other places in town. The kids loved the pool (indoors so no sunburns) and the evening free food (popcorn, chicken wings, potato chips and drinks.) Rooms had mini frig and microwave and very spacious bathrooms. I got the Drury Hotels directory to keep for future visits to other cities. I really liked it and I am pretty picky.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tel Aviv
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel after having travelled throughout the US for a month. It was one of the most enjoyable hotel stays we had on this trip. Room was clean and airy, quite big as well. Very friendly staff, great buffet style warm food in the early evening at no extra charge as well as cocktail hour. The kids loved the indoor pool and the location was great and within walking distance to the heart of historic Flagstaff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family