“Great stay but one complaint.”

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed December 26, 2009

This was a last minute reservation on our way to Colorado and I have wanted to stay in a Drury property.check in was fast and the room(2 room w/pull out couch) was roomy.They started the evening reception a week ago and was great,different hot foods daily and it was hot dogs plus baked potato,chili,cold veggies and chips and salsa plus three adult beverages per person(beer,wine or mixed drinks).The beds were comfortable and the room had two flat screen tv's. Now for the complaint,I don't own a dog but I love dogs and this property has a pet are acceptable policy but guests were walking them through the food area while food was being served having them sit next to them while eating plus putting food on the floor for them to eat which is a health code violation.other than that it was a great stay and plan to try other properties in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bzydad
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2009

Thank you for choosing the Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, where we treat everyone as family (including the 4 legged family members)! We are very happy to be a pet friendly hotel to allow guests to bring their pets along with them during their stay. Our pet policy does state, though, that pets are not allowed in the public gathering areas of the hotel, including the breakfast area and pool (with the exception of those helping physically impaired guests). We are very sorry our staff did not notice the pets in the eating area and take immediate action. We will review this expectation with the staff immediately to avoid future instances like the one you experienced. If there is ever an issue while at a Drury Hotel, please ask one of our associates or managers to help remedy the situation and we will work to immediately take action. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the 5:30 Kickback and a comfortable room during your stay and thank you again for staying with us. Your feedback is much appreciate and we do hope to see you as our guest again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed December 14, 2009

We were driving cross-country from DC and we checked into this hotel at around 11pm at night. The desk clerk was alert, friendly and helpful-not what we had usually been encountering with our late check-ins-esp. since we had booked the room through orbitz only an hour prior. While extolling the virtues of the breakfast bar he told us we could leave our truck parked in the circle drive as long as we needed to unload which was great since we were so tired and moving slow. Lobby was clean and bright and had a burning fireplace, 2 internet stations and several seating areas where guests actively gathered to visit. Room was clean, had a flatscreen tv and a mini fridge for YOUR things as opposed to overpriced snacks they try to sell you. Decor is modern and more reminiscent of a boutique hotel than a big chain; mattress was fluffy, bathroom was large. We had a cat with us, there was no fee for pets and our room didn't smell like it had been overrun by the previous animals either. This hotel is near the traintracks but we heard no noise and slept soundly. We wanted to head to Sedona the next day but were towing a 5x8 trailer behind us and thought it would makes things difficult. Although we had checked out, Drury staff allowed us to leave our trailer parked in the free hotel garage while we made the day trip. This place provides welcome refuge for weary travelers and was hands down the best hotel stay during our trek.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OaklandHealer
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I booked here based on other TripAdvisor reviews, and the Drury does a 5 star job of being a 3 star hotel. It's a mid class hotel - so no restaurant, no bar, etc - but this hotel exceeded my expectations.

Check in was fast and friendly. The room was clean and spacious. There are a few rooms that have balcony views of the mountains. They are a few dollars more expensive than the standard rooms - but well worth it. Not only a great view, but the ability to walk out onto the small balcony and enjoy the fresh air.

The perks were nice. The breakfast buffet and cocktail reception hour are both very simple, but adequate. Since both are free - there is nothing to lose if they are not what you want. The rooms have free wireless. Granted - Flagstaff is a fairly small town, but this hotel has a great location. It's an easy 10 minute walk to historic downtown.

Flagstaff mostly has mid range hotel options. I haven't stayed at the others, but from what I've seen I would guess the Drury is the best blend of value, quality, and location in the area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank ATXMike
Reviewed November 26, 2009

What a great chain of hotels! We showed up a bit early on Thanksgiving day and were able to check-in to both of our rooms. We have a standard room with a king bed and one of their suites with two double beds and a living room.

This hotel is in a great location near Route 66 and historic downtown flagstaff. The room had a large living room with two large LG tv's. It also has a standard bathroom, bar area with ample fridge, microwave, and the hotel is LEED certified.

This hotel is certainly pet friendly! We've seen our share of dogs which we LOVE.

Every night the free managers reception offers snack food, well drinks, beer, and wine. A great way to unwind after a long day of sight seeing. It also helps that it has many other "free" things like INTERNET! What a concept!

We also like the suite that has a bedroom that you can close the door. We have this so that someone else can have the pull out couch in the living area. A great way to save a little money when traveling in a large group.

The views are wonderful and we'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mtsublueraider
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I was recently in Flagstaff on business and stayed at this hotel for 10 days. Front desk staff was friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Rooms are quite clean and new, spacious bedroom and bathroom, flat-screen TV with lots of cable stations, comfortable bed. Free wi-fi. I appreciated the daily free hot breakfast offerings - beyond the standard continental breakfast. They also had a happy hour with free drinks and snacks. Parking plentiful in a covered garage. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank fun-happy-traveller
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We ended up booking this hotel for around $90 from Expedia and couldn't have been happier with our stay. The rooms were very spacious and the bed was comfortable as well. We were pleansantly surprised with the quality of the breakfast in the morning.
We will be staying here for our next trip to Flagstaff!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank aztraverler04
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I had never heard of Drury until I planned a night's stay in Flagstaff on a recent Arizona mini-vacation. Despite its medieval sounding name, it turns out Drury is a chain of nice budget hotels primarily in parts of the U.S. I have never vacationed in. This particular hotel is quite new, and as one would expect with a new property, the premises were in immaculate condition.

I checked in on a Monday and was helped by a very friendly co-ed from the adjacent NAU. I made my way to my room only to discover that I was given two queen beds, which is about the worst possible sleeping configuration for one tall guy, so I returned to the front desk to be switched into a single king bed room. Unfortunately I had a bit of a struggle with this particular issue, but a manager was able to straighten it out. The room I ended up in was clean, well appointed, and had a pleasant view onto the NAU campus.

New to me was the afternoon reception. Hotel guests are treated to an all-inclusive snack and drink extravaganza--including alcohol, surprisingly--and I munched on nachos and sipped on soda to the point that I opted for a small dinner when I made my way downtown after nightfall.

Back at the hotel, I took advantage of the indoor pool and hot tub, both of which felt utilitarian in design. There wasn't another person to be found, but I suppose these types of hotels attract guests who aren't big on either feature. Oh well! After a stop at the completely free Internet kiosk to check my e-mail and print my airline boarding pass, I retired to my room, where I watched my big-screen TV and fell asleep in my big, comfy bed. Excellent.

I wandered downstairs the following morning and munched my way through the continental breakfast. The food won't win any culinary awards, but it was comprehensive and I certainly had enough to count as a full breakfast. Check out was a cinch, and I was surprised to see the same co-ed at the counter on my way out as I did on the way in. That never happens.

If you are in Flagstaff and want a clean, new, affordable hotel that includes all the extras for no additional charge, Drury is it. The location on the edge of the NAU campus and a short walk from downtown is icing on the cake. Recommended!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo