“Fine hotel. Best choice if you are traveling with dog”

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the third time we driven through Flagstaff with 2 medium size dogs making the trip wiith us. Of places we have stayed that accept pets, this one is the best by a long shot. In fact,I would stay here even if I were not traveling with pets, which I cannot say about either of the other places we have tried.
The room was fresh and clean with no odor whatsoever, even though pets are allowed. No cover-up air freshened, just a good clean room. Room was very large and pleasant, with very comfortable bed. As conservationists, we especially appreciate the LEED certification, evident in the recycling bins, low flush toilets, energy efficient features. There was a small refrigerator whoch was also a plus for us.
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Central Location is fabulous for exploring on foot.
Only negative was that while we were there, one of the two elevators was broken, so there were long waits...but given the highly functional staff, and excellent service this is probably already repaired.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank zeytinlari

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visiting the area from the United Kingdom again this year and this will be our third stay at the Drury! Stayed at other Drury's too. Great spacious rooms, great staff, great food, great location, great place! What else is there to say? Enough said!
Reading some of the reviews here, some people are clearly very hard to please.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PaulineLancashire
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Drury Inn in Flagstaff for 1 night. I really liked this hotel. All the things that some hotels charge more for was included in the price. They have free WIFI, no password needed and a decent connection in our room.

The room was huge. We got a 2 queen bed room with terrace. Being January, we did not use the terrace all that much. I doubt we would have used it much in the summer either, as it was small and had no chairs. I wouldn't pay more to have a terrace, though it was the same price as a regular room. There was so much space in the room. I traveled with my husband and 7 and 9 year olds and we never felt crowded.

The bathroom was large too. The shower had dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash. There were enough towels and washclothes. The toilet was low flow, with a button for solids and liquids. The vanity had more than enough space and for once, the hair dryer was decent.

At night, they have a free buffet with hot dogs, nachos, salad, baked potatoes and mac and cheese. By the time we got there, it was packed with people, so we only got a few things. The tortilla chips had run out and I didn't see anyone refilling. They have a soda fountain with Pepsi products, coffee, tea and hot chocolate all free. The lobby has a popcorn machine, which is available for free after 3pm. They also gave us drink coupons for alcohol. My husband and I could get 3 free drinks. They had Bud Light, different wines and a few mixed drinks to choose from. Since we only drink beer and we don't consider Bud Light beer, we didn't partake.

The beds were soft and a bit uncomfortable. Every time my husband rolled over, I would bounce. It was like being on a waterbed. The pillows were good and there was an extra blanket if you needed one.

My biggest criticism is the lack of a safe in the room. With all the electronic doodads we travel with, it would be nice to have a safe place to put them in the room.

The breakfast in the morning was really good. Make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, etc... My family got more than enough to eat. I did see someone tending to the buffet in the morning, keeping everything stocked.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Yes it's priced higher than most hotels in Flagstaff, but they offer so many freebies, I think it's worth it. They have a nice indoor pool and spa as well, which the kids really enjoyed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JKoenigPhoenix
Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you like the smell of Febreeze and Brute with an overarching blend of Glade and Lysol liberally splashed on your walls and floor and beds this is where you want to be.

This is shallow cough land.

What is unconscionable is that the Drury staff knows it. When I asked to move there were no rooms left. When I asked if others had not come wheezing up to front desk complaining the clerk admitted that 'special cleaning arrangements' sometimes had to be made.

At check-in a man without a reservation was charged $89 for the same room I had booked three days before. When I asked if they would match that price I was told because I had booked using trip advisor they were unable to do that.

So if you are reading this and decide to make a reservation here you can be sure you will not get the lowest price. If you don't mind paying more and sleeping with a wet towel over your face this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Send your companion in to sniff out the room before you bother to get your luggage out of the car.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank MoxyMaxwell
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

We appreciate your feedback. As our housekeepers don't use any of the cleaning products you mentioned, we are not sure what odors you noticed during your stay, but will investigate. We sometimes get special cleaning requests in advance on reservations from people that are allergic or sensitive to some cleaning products, and request to have a room cleaned without them. As for your concerns about the rate, reservations made through TripAdvisor, but on our website can be changed. However, if your reservation was made on a third party website, like Expedia, Hotels.com or Travelocity, they are often prepaid to those companies in advance and generally cannot be changed by us upon arrival. We recommend that you always book directly on our website for the most flexibility in reservation changes. We do hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is our first stay at this Drury Inn in Flagstaff, AZ. First, the staff is excellent. Very friendly and helpful. We felt very welcome. The two room suite was large but a bit outdated but that was not a big deal. There were a few issues with the hotel. When we exited the elevator to the third floor, it smelled like a dirty diaper. Thought it was just the trash can near the elevator but the smell lasted for the two days we were there. Not very welcoming. The 5:30 event (free drinks and food) was crowded and the food was gross (meatballs, hot dogs and noodles). The breakfast, however, was fantastic. Rating this three stars for the smell and the evening event.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike R
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your past stay in Flagstaff. We are happy to hear your comments on the friendliness of the team and the breakfast. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy our evening selections. Although the Kickback time isn't intended to replace dinner for anyone, we do have rotating selections that offer variety. As one of the few limited service chains that do anything of this nature, it's made our chain a choice hotel for many families. We apologize for the odor on the floor and we do empty trash cans daily, or more often, if needed. We will investigate the odor. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is our new favorite Flagstaff hotel. I've never taken my dog on vacation before but she stayed with us for 3 nights and all went well. This hotel is a bargain, especially being pet friendly. There is no extra cost for bringing your dog either. Everything was great. Breakfast was good, although very crowded. I was told the hotel was sold out for the rest of the year. Same deal with the kickback. Many people seemed to be using this for dinner, as did I for one night. The pool, hot tub, popcorn, and staff were all great. I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: We got a room on the 6th floor facing the mountains and couldn't have asked for better,
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've stayed many places around the world but our stay at the Drury Inn and Suites in Flagstaff rates in the top 5% of the places we've stayed. Why? A GREAT family facility. Pet friendly, and has a sledding area for the kids in the winter. But the best part of our stay included: a huge room with fridge, microwave, huge bathtub with shower and big screen TV. We paid $99 for our room and that included a buffet dinner for both of us and one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had at a hotel. The staff is very accommodating. If you are going to Flagstaff during the winter don't miss the Indoor Waterpark which is great for kids age 1 to adults. $6.00 to get in for an entire day of fun. If you go to Flagstaff in the summer, the Indoor Waterpark is a great break from the heat. We will definitely go back to the Drury again, for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be excellent. Cribs are available at no extra charge. If you credit card guarant...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family