“Stay Here While in Northern AZ!”

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Flagstaff is perfectly situated between Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, which is why we chose to stay here. Based on reviews of the Drury Inn I booked our stay for two nights - and I'm glad we did! The rooms are spacious and clean, beds fairly comfortable - albeit a little small for two adults, staff AMAZING - very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet very good and well attended to (Holiday Inn Express could learn a few things from the Drury Inn when it comes to the quality of the breakfast). We did not go in the pool nor partake in the evening reception so I can't comment on that but overall we had an excellent experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank petstone
Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here Dec14-16th 2012. The staff is to be commended on all levels. The day manager, Jeff, was as nice as can be. Excellent breakfast bar and evening Happy Hour. Walking distance to a number of eating and drinking establishments. Covered parking during snowstorms are a definite plus. The only downside was the sheer amount of dogs. I understand this is a pet friendly establishment but I felt there should have been posted signs at the food court reminding guests that dogs are not allowed there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MarkMoral
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had never stayed in a Drury Inn before now. The reviews that I read we all very good. I would say that I couldn't agree more! From the moment we check in to the late check out, we're we're treated so well!

The rooms are very nice,( we were upgraded to a suite upon check in) which was a nice surprise.
Every evening there is a reception with open bar/soda, hot appetizers along with some healthier options.

There is also a nice selection of hot or cold items for breakfast. All of these choices made our trip even more affordable.

Pets are also welcome! A very nice surprise for us.

I will definitely stay with this location again!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room with a view! Very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jules46Iowa
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I found this Drury hotel when I needed to stay in Flagstaff for a night with my wife and 3 kids. It was rated highly on Tripadvisor and I was impressed with the offer of free dinner as well as breakfast and an indoor pool. However, I had never stayed at a Drury hotel before so really wasn't sure what to expect. I called ahead to ask for a late check-in and the customer service agent was very helpful and polite. Once we arrived, we were greeted by the nicest front desk attendant I have ever met. I think his name was Tommy. At every other hotel I've ever stayed at, the check-in process takes at least 5-10 minutes. Tommy had me checked-in within 2 minutes and during that time had explained to me about the free dinner and breakfast. The dinner buffet was amazing as was the breakfast buffet. The entire hotel looked and smelled clean/new. The pool and spa were also well-maintained and clean. Drury clearly understands the importance of customer service and the entire customer experience. They have done a great job and have me as a customer for life. I don't think I'll ever stay at another hotel chain again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pylemj1
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed one night with my wife and kids on our way to Grand Canyon. Friendly staff, clean rooms and a good location. You have to be careful leaving since the roads leading out take you one way south or onto NAU campus where it gets confusing. Apart from that it's within walking distance of shops, restaurants and other amenities. They have a welcome happy hour which we missed but I hear is one key feature of this place. The morning breakfast was well stocked and tasty. The only negative is the lack of a full restaurant / bar area in case you wanted to stay in the room in the evening. There is a nice restaurant across the street which may be a little far to walk and dressed of for a late snack before bed though.

Room Tip: There seemed to be a lot of dogs when we were there. I think they have an open policy for pets so i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff T
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I really like this motel. It is right on the NAU campus. The location is ideal because it is near to the shopping and restaurants in downtown Flagstaff. You can also get in and out town very quickly whether you are going to the Grand Canyon or back south towards Sedona or Phoenix. The room I had was a suite with a separate bedroom and sitting area. We had a small kitchen with a sink and microwave and also a refrigerator. The room had a balcony so I could sit outside and look at the mountains in the distance. For the price of a room, you also get a full (buffet) breakfast and three drinks per night. You can also eat dinner if you like at a buffet they put out each night. You really cannot get more for your money. This hotel was over run with dogs when I was there. Apparently they are "dog friendly" this could be an issue, given that dogs can't always make it outside before nature calls. But, I did not see any stains or smell anything bad. I'm not sure of the wisdom of having dogs running all over a motel, but they seem to be making it work.

Room Tip: Try for a room looking away from the main drag and train tracks.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tucsontiger
Reviewed November 18, 2012

When I come to Nau this has been my hotel of choice. Not anymore, the hotel smells. It's a pet friendly that is really a pet hotel. A dog took a dump on the carpet the owner picked it up and said housekeeping will wash the carpet. My room had flees and you could see them jumping. I was told no other rooms were available . I will never stay here again and it's to bad because grannies sports bar is right across the street. The hotel has gone to the dogs. And to add housekeeping never cleaned my room. Horrible experience at this hotel this weekend.

Room Tip: Try a hotel that don't allow pets.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Elstorey
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. As we are a pet friendly chain, we have extensive cleaning procedures for cleaning rooms that have had pets in them. We understand that you prefer non-pet hotels. We want to make every guest's stay enjoyable, and we are sorry that you found the property less than that on your last stay. Thank you for staying with us !