“Slightly Different but Very Good”

Karma Sushi Bar Grill
Ranked #21 of 370 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh. Beautiful. Delicious. Karma Sushi Bar & Grill serves it up: fresh, beautiful and delicious sushi, grills and cocktails in the hip, casual setting of one of downtown Flagstaff's best restaurants. Every dish is hand-made in the moment by our masterful chefs. And our grill menu will please even non-sushi fans. Stocked with all your favorite spirits, the bar is staffed by our knowledgeable and inventive mixologists. Happy hour specials? We've got those, too. We also offer take out service and party platters. Whether you're looking for a quick lunch, are meeting friends for happy hour, or want to linger over dinner for a special occasion, Karma Sushi Bar Grill is precisely right.
Reviewed May 18, 2016

As an old Sushi fan, I've noticed that more and more Sushi Bars are trying to spruce up the appearance of their food. This is one of those shops. Drizzles of this sauce and that covering up good meat.
The Sushi here is very good and fresh as far as I could tell.
I went with a friend and we enjoyed the Calamari, Tempura Shrimp, Tempura Vegetables, Caterpillar Roll, Arizona Roll, Albacore Tataki and Unagi. The Unagi was the best item since it was more traditional in preparation. The Albacore was so sauced up along with onion crispy things that I couldn't taste the fish. Not right! Makes me wonder how fresh it was, since I couldn't tell.
The two rolls were nice but not rolled tight since they fell apart during eating. The Tempura Veg was very nice. We asked for extra yams and no onions. They were very happy to accommodate us.
The staff is very polite and helpful.
I will differently come here again, but I will ask for nothing on the Nigiri except the Unagi.
Be careful ordering, it's easy to request more than you can handle. Portion were pretty large.

Reviewed May 14, 2016

We thought we were in for a wait because the place was busy but the hostess got us a couple of seats at the sushi bar. It was entertaining and informative to watch the different dishes being made. The sushi chef was engaging and we learned a few things. We started with edamame and a Caterpillar roll (eel, Krab and avocado). That was very good. We also ordered hot braised tofu that had a very nicely balanced teriyaki seasoning with broccolini and rice. Drank a couple of different sakes and left satisfied. We'll be back!

Reviewed May 4, 2016

Went for dinner - this is an old bar, brass rail at the bar and not a lot of tables so I had to sit at the bar - space is so tight that anytime one of the very busy wait staff went behind me they knocked my purse off my chair - I gave up and put it in the chair beside me. The bar stools are just a little too low for comfort - uncomfortable height to eat. Had a house salad - very good - nigiri tuna - fresh but not a lot of flavor - the volcano roll, which was more of a pile than a roll - all the stuff on top, the way it was served made it almost impossible to eat right but it was tasty. Also had a Captain crunch roll - was not crunchy in the least but also flavorful. The thing that really got me was all my orders were served on individual plates, not perfectly presented on a single plate or platter - this made for far too many plates crowded in my small space at the bar, a real pain. Two other things - this place is REALLY loud - don't go here if you want a quiet dinner for two. Parking is also a real bear - not the restaraunts fault, but a space is almost impossible to find unless you park acoss the street at oneof the lots a block or two away. Service was friendly but indifferent - all the servers are just too busy.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Been to Karma multiple times and I'm always disappointed. There are several much better places to get sushi in Flagstaff

Reviewed April 13, 2016

We ordered a lot of little things: edamame, tempura and sushi and enjoyed it all. We came early on a Thursday night, and it was lively, but the service was quick.

1  Thank FurtherAway

Been to Karma Sushi Bar Grill? Share your experiences!