“Poor service”

Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 345 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dale
Bisbee, Arizona
“Poor service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went here to celebrate our anniversary. We showed up within a half hour of when they opened and they put us in the main dining room jambed next to a loud obnoxious party of six. This was totally unnecessary because when we left half of the tables for two were still empty. Service was unbelievably slow for a half-empty restuarant, and sloppy - we had our wine bottle opened and half a glass finished before they brought finally brought bread to the table. This place is not a class act.

Visited August 2013

“A Gem”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting Flagstaff and the Observatory and saw the prior reviews at this place, so we gave it a try. The menu was filled with fresh, local, seasonal fare that was prepared flawlessly. The waitress was attentive and knowledgable. Surely worth visiting this Gem.

• Visited August 2013
Arizona
“Excellent upscale restaurant”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm surprised this isn't rated as one of the top 5 (or 2) restaurants in Flagstaff because in fact, it is. I'd guess some of the lower rating here are because the customers had very high expectations that were not met. I'd say this is one of the 2 fine dining experiences that we have in Flagstaff. My meals and experiences have always been excellent. If this place was in Phoenix it would be twice the price!

• Visited May 2013
phoenix
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The wine by the glass was limited, but we both found something that we enjoyed very much that was recommended by our server. I had an awesome Rib eye and my husband had a Taggliatere Pasta with Ragou. Both Very good, but too full for dessert!!

Visited July 2013
sedona
“Great Meal and Service - Odd Management”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived early for our reservation on a Monday night. The restaurant was not at all crowded and remained that way throughout the evening. We had originally wanted to sit outside but the threat of rain lead us to choose a table inside. The Host showed us our table (in the very back room next to the window; you felt as if you were outside) only we asked if we could sit at the bar first. We were told "No problem!"

We sat at the bar and enjoyed a Cheese Plate Appetizer with fresh fruits and olives and two perfectly prepared cosmos by Eddie. We were then told by the Host that they needed to use our table for a party of six. I didn't understand as there was clearly another option in the main dining room. And the table they wanted to move us to was in what I will call their "library dining room area". Very small and claustrophobic in feel. (I saw another couple decline the table later and even Eddie said our promised table was better).

I told the Host I wanted to keep the table I was promised. The Manager (very young with what appeared to be a lack of experience) basically told us we could not have our table because this was the only area they could seat this party of six (not true) and they had a reservation (so did we). What would have happened if we sat down when we first arrived? Would we have been asked to move?

We were looking for a more intimate, romantic dining experience. We tried the outside area. Misquotes started landing on us the moment we sat down. We tried the "library" area as the area emptied out and we were able to have some privacy. Not for long. Within 5 minutes a table of four women were seated right behind us. The acoustics (and their volume level) was such that they could have been seated at our table. Not their fault. The room should really be saved for one large party.

Remember. The place is 1/3 full. There were other places to seat this party of 4. But they ended up directly behind us.

Carly, our server totally "got it". She was more accommodating and helpful than the manager in making sure we had the type of experience SHE would want with her husband. We ended up in the main dining room against the wall where we remained. And we did enjoy our meal.

We shared the Mushroom Soup, a Caesar Salad and the Salmon. All prepared well; the portions sizable enough to share.

The Manager never offered us a drink or dessert for the inconvenience of giving up our table. I got the district feeling he thought we were a pain in the butt. And if it wasn't for Carly and Eddie, we would have left not feeling valued. I still cannot comprehend why they could not seat the party of six in the main dining room.

Very odd. And I chalk it up to a young, less mature manager.

I don't think I'd return until the early fall when you can sit outside and be assured a more private, intimate experience.

• Visited July 2013