“Trash. Worst experience in my life.”

Super 8 Flagstaff I-40 Ex 198 Lucky Lane
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked a room through Hotwire the night before we came. After driving ~500 miles we arrived at the motel. Once we went to check in we were informed that our room was a smoking room. We have explicitly been using non-smoking room for every trip and never had a problem. When asked to be switched to a non-smoking room they charged us an extra $15. Never have any motel/inn/hotel every charge extra for non-smoking. At the end Hotwire offered us a $20 coupon to use in the next year and we had to pay the $15.

This was not the only problem. The air conditioner didn't work at all because every setting was the same as "Fan Only" Parking was minuscule and badly designed. Bathroom smelled with horrible ventilation. Small flying bugs were everywhere in the room. Cleaners did not do a good job with cleaning as there were trash left in the toilet, trash can, and even leftover drinks in the fridge.

Sadly in the few hours I was in Flagstaff I encountered more racist or prejudice service/people then when I lived in Washington, California, Missouri or on any trips in the 49 States of the US. A Caucasian female clerk at the local Walmart literally turned off their checkout light when we were walking toward her lane. Right after we went to the next she turned the light on for other Caucasian customers.

It's funny how America is the land of the free and equality yet it's still full of idiots. I hope you work at Walmart and Low-star Motels forever suffering to survive in your sad world filled of white-superiority.

The motel has a good amount of negative reviews about the horrible service provided by the workers and even the manager. Please stay away from this motel if you care for equality and especially if your not "White."

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Flagstaff I-40 Ex 198 Lucky Lane

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I hadn't slept for a long time (road trip), so I will admit - I slept like a rock here. But I would have slept equally as well nestled in the bosom of Susan Boyle.

The place was 'okay'. It was a bed, at a good price. The door to my room didn't close properly, which kind of sucked as it was banging all night. Talking of banging, there was a guy and a hooker going at it in the room above. The walls must have been made of paper, I could hear everything. But, much to my amusement, it only lasted 5 minutes.

But in conclusion, if you are after a simple bed when you are travelling through, this will suffice. It is close to the highway, and has restaurants etc close by. If you are on vacation here, maybe you would like somewhere a little less noisy etc....

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is my third stay here. I guess the age of this facility is now showing. It is getting quite run down. It was clean enough, but a few things were broken like the door safety latch. Interesting sign on the breakfast room about not taking things out. What is that all about? no problem I did not eat there anyway. back in 2009 the place was much better even last year it was fine as I indicated in my review. I expect it is one of the cheapest motels in the area so don't expect too much.

Room Tip: Avoid the upstairs, quite a distance between staircases.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed June 19, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our 2nd stay at a Super 8 on our Rt66 trip and this one didn't disappoint. Helpful check in staff gave us a ground floor room convenient for our parking out front. Room was usual standard/equipped and we slept well during our 2 night stay. Complimenatry breakfast was standard cereal/toast/pastries/waffles with juices and coffee, certainly satisfactory. Pool was adequate but a bit small and shared with neighbouring Howard Johnson establishment. Although out by the interstate, it was situated near a couple of restaurants and a Walmart.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room smelled horrible from cigarette smoke and the bathroom smelled like urine. When asked to move to nonsmoking room they would only do it for 30+ tax a night The manger stated the only thing they guarantee to be clean was the linen. They were unfriendly and rude. Did not stay lost myomere for one night cause they wouldn't refund for both nights.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family