See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We got to Flagstaff late one May night. My daughter was getting an ear infection and we did not realize it was graduation at the college and there were no rooms anywhere we opted to stay at "THE SAGA" I cannot think of anything good! It was so filthy and scary I couldn't sleep so we left at about 3am. Keep driving, sleep in your car, under a bridge would be better! It is one of those scary family stories we will never forget!

Date of stay: May 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank rosiescorpio
Reviewed August 19, 2009

o man what a bad experience on the second night of our vacation. first of all, the staff indian guy (owner?) checked us in in a rush, under a wrong name. when he found out, he woke us up by phone in the middle of the night telling us we had to leave the room because it was booked for someone else. plus, he said we didn't even pay yet! i went to the front desk showing him my paid reservation paid through orbitz.com, but he told me he didn't receive any payment from them. yeah right! i went back to my room, but he called me again threatening to call the cops-when he was the one who was in the wrong position to do so. now, i don't want to ruin my holiday getting cops involved, so i went back and paid again fo the room. if this wasn't enough, he tried to rip us off asking $10 more. after all, we paid and got us some welcome sleep, but this experience stil givs me shivers.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank pollyblue52
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I never did get a refund through Budget-host when I was charged $160 for two nights when the man working the hotel desk charged me twice the amount I paid through Orbitz. It was supposed to be $40 per night. The only plus was we brought our dog, and were able to leave him in the room while we were out. The first time we stayed here in July of 2007, it wasn't too bad. The rooms were clean and there were not shady figures staying in the surrounding rooms. I do not know if they are under new management, but I would advise anyone to stay away from here.

Date of stay: February 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank VentureSeeker
Reviewed May 18, 2009

This hotel is on the "Mother Road" or Route 66. It is orginal in many respects from that time period. Everything is old, and the motel isn't much. It is well located in Flagstaff because it is along Route 66 but that is it.

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Motel room - stinky, bed linen - dirty, air conditioner - noisy, towel - ever lesser like guest,
crew - stinker, impostor, to smatter in english, bumptious, squirt. Never again not in Budget Host Saga Motel!

Date of stay: June 2007